News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapirul

looks great this mod... One thing I wish it had, the possibility to change settings from AP instead of changing codes in php files
good job

tapirul

Quote from: akulion on December 29, 2006, 12:19:11 PM
if u need to uninstall it and the uninstall link isnt appearing
then do this:

in the Packages page (when ur on it)
put this in front of the address in the browser addressbar: ;version_emulate=1.1
it will get u the uninstall link back

Also if internal server error is occuring u just need to delete the package last uploaded in the Packages folder

Aku, could you be more explicit with this? I had same problem since updated to 1.1.1 (see pic); some packages, while up and running, do not have the "uninstall" link anymore:

RvG

ERROR: Prefix shout with "/" (slash character)! See "/help impersonate" for details.

It seems I crashed it using the impersonation command... how can I return it back?

bug?  8)

RvG

Quote from: RvG on December 30, 2006, 02:16:18 AM
ERROR: Prefix shout with "/" (slash character)! See "/help impersonate" for details.

It seems I crashed it using the impersonation command... how can I return it back?

bug?  8)

OK. I got it worked again but I don't know how.  :D

I will not touch the features yet. But one thing I noticed, there's way to delete a "shout"?

ChaosEnergy

QuoteWarning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /var/www/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 232
History Commands ExtendedHistory HideBanLinks

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /var/www/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 512

I get this, after installation, no difference if I en or disable compression in server settings
Chaos Empire ®

jasuk70

Would it be possible to add a way to delete shouts (If you are a mod or admin). Just in case people post shouts that are not very "nice" to the shout box.

Cheers.

Jereme Guenther

Hi nneonneo's, I just got finished testing three different shoutbox mods (SMF Shoutbox, Ultimate Shoutbox, and yours).  I think yours is head and shoulders above the others, great job.  My favorite feature is how you don't modify any files except the index, that is wonderful.

I agree with others that there are features it would be nice to have, but it is a great addition to the forum just the way it is, thanks.

Jereme

khurrum

i am so much thankful to you for creating such a nice and useful mod. many many thanks and so nice of you.

i just want to ask whether it is possible that if anyone shouts something, we can hear a small sound. if not possible then it is fine but i just got this suggestion therefore i wanted to share here.

wish you best of luck and happy new year
khurrum.com

Gobo

how about eid mubarak? :P

yes i think the sound feature would be cute
also the ability to delete shouts with a command instead of having to edit the files

RvG

eid mubarak aku! :)

hhmmmmm this shoutbox will take the features like D21 of IPB?

nneonneo

Quote from: ChaosEnergy on December 30, 2006, 07:18:23 AM
QuoteWarning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /var/www/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 232
History Commands ExtendedHistory HideBanLinks

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /var/www/forum/yshout/yshout.php on line 512

I get this, after installation, no difference if I en or disable compression in server settings
Remove every line in yshout/yshout.php starting with "ob_" (e.g. ob_start("ob_gzhandler") and ob_end_flush) to eliminate this warning.

Quote from: jasuk70 on December 30, 2006, 04:24:44 PM
Would it be possible to add a way to delete shouts (If you are a mod or admin). Just in case people post shouts that are not very "nice" to the shout box.

Cheers.
I will try to add it in the next revision :D

If you ever get "stuck" reading an error message, etc. use "/return" to go back (I should have made this more explicit). It's set up so that the error doesn't vanish on the next reload cycle.

Quote from: RvG on December 31, 2006, 08:34:20 AM
eid mubarak aku! :)

hhmmmmm this shoutbox will take the features like D21 of IPB?
What is D21?
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

RvG

forget it... it was the ajax shoutbox of IPB :)

I am happy that this shoubox came into life!

nneonneo

OK, I tried posting a new version but it appears to keep rejecting my file (it appears on the "current files" list but not on the main page).

Meanwhile, I've attached the mod file, so if anyone wants to try the new mod out they can download it here (until the mod site is "fixed" I guess :P)

Changes in 1.05: Added a "del" option to shouts for administrators/moderators to allow for the deletion of shouts.
Added "$gzipCompression" option; this defaults to true but can be set to false if you experience issues.
Increased the security of a few functions as a precaution.
Fixed some bugs related to not using "home.txt" as the chat file. Now, it is possible to use a different file for each theme, or, if you're intrepid, a different file for different boards/users/etc. See index.template.php and search for "shoutFile".
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

emilijano

i've got installed SMF 1.1.1 so i tried to download and install from package manager nneonneo's shoutbox but i'm getting this message:
An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
does anybody can help me?

Gobo

package manager sometimes gives error with tgz files
try to unzip file (maintaining directory structure)
and then pack it back up as a Zip file and then try and upload

superboomz

many thanks to you, nneonneo !!
great works .. i like it :D

superboomz

uhm..
i'm having a problem with the new 1.05 version.
the time stamp didn't show me corrent characters. (i'm using Thai lang and using the 'Today mod')

sorry to bother you again, nneonneo.

RvG

nneonneo, i am using ver 1.04:

there's an annoying firefox error below right my browser and it shows like this:

$A is not defined
prototype.js (line 52)

return __method.apply(object, args.concat($A(arguments)));

hmmmm anyway, upgrading to v1.05 now. :)

RvG

version 1.05 is working super fine ;) (using tgz  ;D )

thanks a million!

hope you can add link to the "popup" smf smileys on your next version...

nneonneo

Quote from: superboomz on January 01, 2007, 12:18:02 AM
uhm..
i'm having a problem with the new 1.05 version.
the time stamp didn't show me corrent characters. (i'm using Thai lang and using the 'Today mod')

sorry to bother you again, nneonneo.
First thing to try is to click HideAdminLinks and see if the problem persists. I have not changed any of the timeformat handling code since 1.04.
Does 1.04 also have this problem?
spammers here!

Advertisement: