nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superboomz

Quote from: nneonneo on January 01, 2007, 03:51:19 AM
Quote from: superboomz on January 01, 2007, 12:18:02 AM
uhm..
i'm having a problem with the new 1.05 version.
the time stamp didn't show me corrent characters. (i'm using Thai lang and using the 'Today mod')

sorry to bother you again, nneonneo.
First thing to try is to click HideAdminLinks and see if the problem persists. I have not changed any of the timeformat handling code since 1.04.
Does 1.04 also have this problem?

tried click HideAdminLinks but nothing changed.
i haven't tested 1.04 (i jumped from 1.03 to 1.05) but i think it also have this prob too.

as you see in the picture above this post, the unreadable characters should be the word "Today" in Thai language but it doesn't.
so, if it can't be fixed to appear as my language,
is there the way to remove the date (only show the time) without changing timestamp in profile or smf options.

many thanks and sorry for my bad english :-X

emilijano

Quote from: emilijano on December 31, 2006, 07:32:49 PM
i've got installed SMF 1.1.1 so i tried to download and install from package manager nneonneo's shoutbox but i'm getting this message:
An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.
does anybody can help me?
Quote from: akulion on December 31, 2006, 07:50:51 PM
package manager sometimes gives error with tgz files
try to unzip file (maintaining directory structure)
and then pack it back up as a Zip file and then try and upload
where can i download v1.05 and how to install it manualy?
sorry for my bad english!

pariofdreamz

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in this world as IMPOSSIBLE itself says I M POSSIBLE

Mark Thomas

Version 1.05 works very well! Many thanks nneonneo, my members will be very happy. :-)

Flying Drupalist

Quote from: starsong on December 29, 2006, 09:44:16 PM
I cant seem to get passed the Shoutbox loading....

I have this same problem. It says shoutbox is loading... And then doesn't.

RvG

Quote from: Miraploy on January 01, 2007, 11:02:15 AM
Quote from: starsong on December 29, 2006, 09:44:16 PM
I cant seem to get passed the Shoutbox loading....

I have this same problem. It says shoutbox is loading... And then doesn't.

try to chmod yshout.php to 755.  ;)

kellygrape

I'm using PHP 4.4.4 and I know this chat doesn't work with PHP4 - but is there anything that can be done to MAKE it work?

I'm a fair coder, not good enought to figure out how to fix this but if you tell me that such and such line or this reference to this variable needs to be deleted or changed or something, I can usually do that.

The chat looks really great and I wish I could make it work - it seems like such a great mod!  Well done!

RvG

nneonneo

Quote from: kellygrape on January 01, 2007, 01:16:32 PM
I'm using PHP 4.4.4 and I know this chat doesn't work with PHP4 - but is there anything that can be done to MAKE it work?

I'm a fair coder, not good enought to figure out how to fix this but if you tell me that such and such line or this reference to this variable needs to be deleted or changed or something, I can usually do that.

The chat looks really great and I wish I could make it work - it seems like such a great mod!  Well done!
Yes, indeed it should work because all the PHP5-specific code has been removed already. Have you tried it out yet?

Quote from: superboomz on January 01, 2007, 04:32:32 AM
uhm..
the time stamp didn't show me corrent characters. (i'm using Thai lang and using the 'Today mod')

First thing to try is to click HideAdminLinks and see if the problem persists. I have not changed any of the timeformat handling code since 1.04.

i haven't tested 1.04 (i jumped from 1.03 to 1.05) but i think it also have this prob too.

as you see in the picture above this post, the unreadable characters should be the word "Today" in Thai language but it doesn't.
is there the way to remove the date (only show the time) without changing timestamp in profile or smf options.

It may have to do with encodings. By default, the shoutbox uses "UTF-8" (Unicode, 8 bit) encoding. If there is a Thai-specific encoding, it may conflict with UTF-8, causing unrecognized characters to appear.
There are (AFAIK) a few ways around this.
First, you could try getting a Unicode version of the Today mod (Unicode is technically better because of its ability to display almost any language).
If that's not possible, you can manually edit yshout/yshout.php. Try to find out what encoding your forum or mod uses (not the shoutbox). This is probably "Thai (Windows)" or something; the code is "tis-620" for that I think. What you need to do is search for "utf-8" in yshout/yshout.php (without quotes) and replace every instance with tis-620 (or whatever encoding you find). That should remedy the problem (though it may render the existing history files rather strange looking).

If you are still getting a stuck "loading shoutbox..." message, please check your webserver error logs. There may be a conflict there, or perhaps some misconfiguration that prevents the shoutbox PHP code from running.

BTW: I'm going on vacation from the 2nd to the 8th of January, so I won't be here to answer queries. Please direct your questions to nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com, or send them via PM here on the community forum.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

DVD_GR

1,05 is available for download?

Daniel15

QuoteOK, I tried posting a new version but it appears to keep rejecting my file (it appears on the "current files" list but not on the main page).

Meanwhile, I've attached the mod file, so if anyone wants to try the new mod out they can download it here (until the mod site is "fixed" I guess )
It should be working now... It looks like the mod site now needs each file to be approved.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

jg123

Where would be a good place on my page to place this?  Can it be modified to have a black background and white writing like my forum here, www.wjnj.com/forum [nofollow]?

thanks

Mark Thomas

A couple of things I've noticed thus far:
- moderators do not have the ability to delete shouts
- for some reason the mod(?) is looking for smiley's in /Smileys not /Smileys/default

superboomz

Quote from: superboomz on January 01, 2007, 04:32:32 AM
uhm..

It may have to do with encodings. By default, the shoutbox uses "UTF-8" (Unicode, 8 bit) encoding. If there is a Thai-specific encoding, it may conflict with UTF-8, causing unrecognized characters to appear.
There are (AFAIK) a few ways around this.
First, you could try getting a Unicode version of the Today mod (Unicode is technically better because of its ability to display almost any language).
If that's not possible, you can manually edit yshout/yshout.php. Try to find out what encoding your forum or mod uses (not the shoutbox). This is probably "Thai (Windows)" or something; the code is "tis-620" for that I think. What you need to do is search for "utf-8" in yshout/yshout.php (without quotes) and replace every instance with tis-620 (or whatever encoding you find). That should remedy the problem (though it may render the existing history files rather strange looking).

If you are still getting a stuck "loading shoutbox..." message, please check your webserver error logs. There may be a conflict there, or perhaps some misconfiguration that prevents the shoutbox PHP code from running.

BTW: I'm going on vacation from the 2nd to the 8th of January, so I won't be here to answer queries. Please direct your questions to nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com, or send them via PM here on the community forum.
[/quote]

i tried change the language pack to unicode version.
so, it works fine now :D
thank you very much for your kindly support and for great mod !!

Flying Drupalist

How do we set guests to view shoutbox? Thanks.

DarioX

this is a wonderful shoutbox! great work nneonneo  ;)

I have just a small problem!
when I try to shout something something I get this problem:
Write error (writeLine); aborted

why? how can I solve it?

Thnk you very much :)

starsong

Quote from: akulion on December 27, 2006, 11:13:46 PM
ok for those who want a demo u can see it on:
http://path-to-peace.com/forum
user: test
pass: test
Please note: kindly do not abuse this test account or post links using it!

As for custom theme modification, simply follow these instructions - Keep in mind! --> Not all themes are structured the same, so if the search for a code dosent give anything, try searching for a single line from that code until you find it and compare it to make sure it is pretty much the same! Small differences will exist!

This custom modification code is being posted up by reuest - im sure others will find it useful too.

Rule 1: Make a backup of your index.template.php file from your themes folder 1st!!!!

Then follow this:

Search for:

/* Internet Explorer 4/5 and Opera 6 just don't do font sizes properly. (they are big...)
Thus, in Internet Explorer 4, 5, and Opera 6 this will show fonts one size smaller than usual.
Note that this is affected by whether IE 6 is in standards compliance mode.. if not, it will also be big.
Standards compliance mode happens when you use xhtml... */
if ($context['browser']['needs_size_fix'])
echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/fonts-compat.css" />';

ADD UNDER it:

// YSHOUT HERE
if($context['user']['is_logged'])
echo '
<script src="yshout/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="yshout/js/behaviour.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="yshout/js/domFunction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

var myfunc = new domFunction(function()
{
',empty($options['collapse_header']) ? 'loadChat();':'','
}, { "yshout":"id"});

</script>
<script src="yshout/js/yshout.js?Oct112006" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">var shoutFile = "home.txt";</script>
<style type="text/css">
#yshout {
font-size: 10px;
}
#yshout p {
margin: 0 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */
}
.shout-invalid {
background: #FFFDD1;
}
#yshout fieldset {
border: none;
}
#yshout em {
font-style: normal;
}
#yshout p {
line-height: 1;
margin-top: 0;
}
#yshout {
overflow: hidden;
}
#yshout .shout-timestamp {
font-weight: normal;
color: #000;
}
#forum-name, #shout-text, #shout-button {
font-size: 9px;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
#yshout #forum-name {
color: #666666;
width: 70px;
margin-right: 5px;
}
#yshout #shout-text {
color: #000000;
width: 310px;
margin-right: 5px;
}
#yshout #shout-button {
width: 55px;
}
#shouts .owner a {
color: #F00;
}
#shouts .moderator a {
color: #00F;
}
</style>';
// YSHOUT END

Search for:

// Guests don't have theme options!!
if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
echo '
document.cookie = "upshrink=" + (mode ? 1 : 0);';
else
echo '
smf_setThemeOption("collapse_header", mode ? 1 : 0, null, "', $context['session_id'], '");';

echo '
document.getElementById("upshrink").src = smf_images_url + (mode ? "/upshrink2.gif" : "/upshrink.gif");

document.getElementById("upshrinkHeader").style.display = mode ? "none" : "";
document.getElementById("upshrinkHeader2").style.display = mode ? "none" : "";

here ur search is LIKELY to fail, so I recommend searching for // Guests don't have theme options!! and comparing the code until u get to the last line of the above posted code.

And the ADD AFTER it:

// YSHOUT HERE
document.getElementById("yshout").style.display = mode ? "none" : "";
if(!mode)
{
loadChat();
}
// YSHOUT END

Finally comes the tricky part.
In different themes you may or may not have a user info area!
So incase the top userinfo area dosent exist then u will have to compensate and add this code somewhere where you would like to show the shoutbox.
THIS is the code which will finally display the shoutbox

Search for:

if (!empty($context['user']['total_time_logged_in']))
{
echo '
', $txt['totalTimeLogged1'];

// If days is just zero, don't bother to show it.
if ($context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['days'] > 0)
echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['days'] . $txt['totalTimeLogged2'];

// Same with hours - only show it if it's above zero.
if ($context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['hours'] > 0)
echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['hours'] . $txt['totalTimeLogged3'];

// But, let's always show minutes - Time wasted here: 0 minutes ;).
echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['minutes'], $txt['totalTimeLogged4'], '<br />';
}

Add after it:

// YSHOUT HERE
echo '
<br /><b>Shout Box</b><br /><br />
<div id="yshout"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '>' : ' style="display: none;">','...loading shoutbox...<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
// YSHOUT END

THE END OF MODIFICATIONS!

Please note the colors for the text and all the rest of the stuff can be changed in the 1st part of the code posted - the css section specifies the colors.

enjoy

When trying to do the above I was unable to find any of the specified ares...
I have zipped the index.templete.php if anyone can help me...

TY

[email protected]

Gobo

which version are u using jodi?

1.05 ?

Gobo

anyways whichever version u may be using just be sure to make a backup of ur index.template.php file before trying out the one attached to my post

here i modified it for u:

DarioX

Quote from: DarioX on January 02, 2007, 03:50:24 PM
this is a wonderful shoutbox! great work nneonneo  ;)

I have just a small problem!
when I try to shout something something I get this problem:
Write error (writeLine); aborted

why? how can I solve it?

Thnk you very much :)

Nobody can help me? :(
I'm using version 1.05

Advertisement: