News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

I'm not suggesting that you advertise that member reload pages to see if the shoutbox has been updated. If you think your members will do this, I'd recommend that you instead install one of the of the excellent, supported, chat mods.

circles122345

how to make the first msg in shoutbox to be in a top?

coz, it always shows that the every entry is in lower, and i want it in top.

pls help with this,

thanks,
<<clear the evidence before you leave>>

Sarke

Quote from: circles122345 on February 16, 2007, 10:01:34 AM
how to make the first msg in shoutbox to be in a top?

coz, it always shows that the every entry is in lower, and i want it in top.

pls help with this,

thanks,

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg931355#msg931355

My MODs          Please don't PM me for support, post in the appropriate topic.

kichu

How to Display the Moderators Color in Shoutbox...

Rob_Ghost

Quote from: Rob_Ghost on February 15, 2007, 04:13:25 PM
Quote from: Rob_Ghost on February 14, 2007, 09:17:47 PM
This might have already been stated but... Is there anyway to remove / add commands? I'd just much rather not have users able to use the /impersonate command and would rather it not exist, but it would also be nice to be able to add and remove features.

It would be very nice to remove the impersonate feature though... >.<

Hate to bump my question up, but I really have to fix this quick. D:

*sigh* I'm suprised this isn't a bigger issue...

Sarke

Quote from: Rob_Ghost on February 16, 2007, 10:22:33 PM
Quote from: Rob_Ghost on February 15, 2007, 04:13:25 PM
This might have already been stated but... Is there anyway to remove / add commands? I'd just much rather not have users able to use the /impersonate command and would rather it not exist, but it would also be nice to be able to add and remove features.

Hate to bump my question up, but I really have to fix this quick. D:

*sigh* I'm suprised this isn't a bigger issue...

You pretty much have to modify the code depending on what you want.  There's nothing built-in that will add commands.

Btw, only admins can use the /impersonate command.

My MODs          Please don't PM me for support, post in the appropriate topic.

circles122345

Quote from: nneonneo on January 28, 2007, 04:09:26 PM
You should probably revert changes to class.tail.php, unless you want the history file to be upside down too.
In readChat(), find
$chatText = file_get_contents($chatPath)
replace that line with
$chatText = implode('',array_reverse(file($chatPath)));
and the chats should be reversed.

i didn't see this code at that file..pls help me where to find it..

thanks
<<clear the evidence before you leave>>

Rob_Ghost

Thanks and is there a way to have this only show up on the Board Index?

ProtoType

I saw in an earlier post that SB_1.05 will work with SMF 1.1.2, but must be loaded manually.
This does, in fact work, as I've done so on 2 forums, however it doesn't list in the packages this way, and would be difficult to remove if needed.
A possible temporary fix to this, until nneonneo has time to upgrade, is to change all references in package-info.xml, from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2. The package will now load with the package installer, lists in your packages, and can be uninstalled there if the need arises.
Hope this helps.
ProtoType

nneonneo

?! There's an SMF 1.12?

I'll get on updating the SB for 1.12.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

brianjw

The shoutbox is messing up my website. I took it off so I cannot really show you but I will go into detail.
I use tinyportal, i used aku's way of integrating it.
When I do it the way it says it makes my center blocks in tinyportal be indented far away from the left blocks :(
Maybe aku can help me or nneonneo or someone who has tinyportal using this :)

Brianjw

==Edit=========================================================================
I know what I followed instructions were correct because it was working and when I went on my website it just made the entire page indent and im staring at it in shame :-\ NOW i love this shoutbox; but right now i have only the one for tinyportal that doesnt autorefresh. Please help :D

sparky33

Quote from: nneonneo on February 19, 2007, 02:35:10 PM
?! There's an SMF 1.12?

I'll get on updating the SB for 1.12.
Tut tut @ sarcasm @ typos
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

emrys01

Quote from: nneonneo on January 12, 2007, 02:41:03 PM

Quote from: Beatrix on January 12, 2007, 09:10:17 AM
How can I change the position of the shoutbox? I would like to place it under the top horizontal menu (  Forum Help Search Profile My Messages Calendar Members Logout) and just above the forums.
In index.template.php, try to locate the <div id="yshout"> piece of code (in between //YSHOUT HERE and //YSHOUT END so you know where to cut). Move that piece to another location, wrapping it in a div/table/what-have-you if desired. Voila, a moved shoutbox.

i know i'm joining this thread late, and maybe this is truly addressed later on in this thread, but doing what you suggest above doesn't really divorce the shoutbox from the top info box.  that box still has to be expanded for the shoutbox to appear.  (personally, i always keep that box closed... clutter.)

i'm currently in the process of incorporating it into the global footer provided by the "Global Headers & Footers" mod.  so far, it works just fine for top-level things like the member list, or the admin section, or the member map (another mod).  i'm still looking into fully disconnecting the shoutbox from the collapse-state of the top box.

(unless, of course, someone else has already come up with a solution... i believe i'll read thru the rest of this thread before hacking any more code.  and, no, simply using a '<div id="yshout"></div>' does not do the job... ;D)

emrys01

impersonate only works for admins.

dado d.d.

hello i'm have made these changes to other template and it says loading shoutbox all the time,help?

RoarinRow

Quote from: brianjw on February 19, 2007, 03:00:14 PM
The shoutbox is messing up my website. I took it off so I cannot really show you but I will go into detail.
I use tinyportal, i used aku's way of integrating it.
When I do it the way it says it makes my center blocks in tinyportal be indented far away from the left blocks :(
Maybe aku can help me or nneonneo or someone who has tinyportal using this :)

Brianjw

==Edit=========================================================================
I know what I followed instructions were correct because it was working and when I went on my website it just made the entire page indent and im staring at it in shame :-\ NOW i love this shoutbox; but right now i have only the one for tinyportal that doesnt autorefresh. Please help :D

I'd like to know the fix for TP, but to use in a right block instead of center block.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

welder

I'm using smf 1.1.2,the mod worked fine but due to host and database problems causing the forum to get slow i uninstalled this mod, for me it didn't uninstall properly, i had to edit the the "Themes/default/index.template.php" file and remove the code manually

dado d.d.

Quote from: dado d.d. on February 24, 2007, 02:24:58 PM
hello i'm have made these changes to other template and it says loading shoutbox all the time,help?
anyone?

Daggers

Quote from: dado d.d. on February 25, 2007, 06:20:04 AM
Quote from: dado d.d. on February 24, 2007, 02:24:58 PM
anyone?

Make sure the yshout folder has been chmod 755

Advertisement: