Started by SMFHacks.com Team, December 28, 2006, 10:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

Quote from: brianjw on August 20, 2007, 11:13:27 AM
How would I go about also adding a box to upload an avatar and a place to put a link to an avatar? I would like them to have a wider variety then just the avatars I provide. :)
Brianjw

Indeed.
This would be a great add to this mod
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

samurai-lupin

Hello,

can you please let me know what code exactly I need to remove from register.php to make the avatar selection optional uppon registration? Thank you!

Christian

samurai-lupin

samurai-lupin

brianjw

How can I make it so it isn't required to select an avatar and they can just select (no picture)?

vbgamer45

You would need to remove the check that see's if the avatar is required on upload then you can select no picture and it will be fine.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sabre™

Quote from: brianjw on August 20, 2007, 11:13:27 AM
How would I go about also adding a box to upload an avatar and a place to put a link to an avatar? I would like them to have a wider variety then just the avatars I provide. :)
Brianjw

Has anybody accomplished this yet, and just hasnt posted it?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

brianjw

Hasn't gotten anywhere. But someone said something about copy and pasting something in the forum profile section and putting in register page. I am going to try that later...

Sabre™

Yea..  I was gonna try that also, but I have an issue Im solving at the mo, so will either wait till that is taken care of, or until someone else, such as yourself, has done it.

Thanks for the reply mate :)

brianjw

If I do mange to figure out how to make it work. I'll create a mod for it..

cellax

hi all

I cannot see a changelog, I have the 1.1.2 version, should I update it to 1.1.3?
there are security improvement?

nice mod, thx

vbgamer45

No security issues probably just a minor fix.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ekfaysal

will u update this mod for smf 2 beta 3 ?

vbgamer45

Probably not will update it for SMF 2.0 once it is released.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sinderella

I can't seem to uninstall this mod.

I have made it so that people can still register on the forum, they just don't choose an avatar, but the mod is still in the packages and I can not uninstall it because it comes up with this

2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Register.php     Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Members.php    Test failed

I edited the subs-member.php  file I took out a line of code as someone said in this thread it makes people not have to choose an avatar...but I can't delete the mod, just wondering what I have done, and I want to be careful because earlier people couldn't register to my forum.

here is the register section of my forum

http://dvdholocaust.com/forum/index.php?action=register

mikemikemike

Hai vbgamer45,

What a great mod!
I'm very happy with it, but there is one little problem, when i make in my admin a new member (registration).

But there i can't choose a avatar. When i make a new member its works fine, but in my errormessenger i found:

http://www.website.com/?/action,regcenter.html 
8: Undefined index: avatar
Bestand: /home/httpd/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Regel: 725

in the Subs-Member 725 i found:

'avatar' => "'$regOptions[avatar]'",

Maybe you know what the problem is.

Thanx a lot

vbgamer45

That would be if a bot or someone did not select an avatar

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mikemikemike

if have a register page with the avatar mod.
It works perfect on the register, when some not select an avatar then it gives an error message to the member (please choose a avatar).
It works oke.

But what i mean, in my admin i can handly make a new member (admin>categorie members>Registration). There i see not a avatar box. When i fill the form en send it, it makes a new member registration, en it works, but there is no avatar box there en thats the reason why it give the error (he can't find a avatar).

How can i fix it?

vbgamer45

That currently is not part of the mod you would need to edit that admin page.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

mikemikemike

Advertisement: