News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Akismet Spam Protection

Started by vbgamer45, December 29, 2006, 02:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tj.baker

Thanks for the info V@no

Sorry to be such a dimwit, but would it be possible for you to clarify where you added the lines:

db_query("
REPLACE INTO {$db_prefix}settings
(variable, value)
VALUES (SUBSTRING('akismetCaughtSpam', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('0', 1, 65534)), (SUBSTRING('akismetAPIKey', 1, 255), SUBSTRING('', 1, 65534))", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Did you just put that in the install11.php file ?  Did you have to remove anything else, re the updateSetting()function? 

Thanks for the help!

V@no

I've attached modified instal11.php to my original reply.

tj.baker

Perfect!  Thanks V@ano ... I now have Akismet working on our forum  :)

Appreciate the help ...

And much thanks to the creators of the mod!!!

sumeshpremraj

Quote from: Spuds on August 02, 2010, 09:07:25 AM
I don't know if this mod is still being worked on or not ....

Downloaded the 1.2b2 version and installed it on RC3, it installed fine so that's the good news.  The issues I noticed are all around the admin functions, and specifically caused by the Admin-Akismet.template which appears to be either the wrong file or just half baked.

For example the template_info function has vars such as $txt['DreamShop_latest_news'] etc not that its matters since that template is never called, the admin function tries to call show_settings instead which shows but there are problems with saving or getting help on that screen.  Also the viewSpam template has the title of $txt['showAttachments'] which is not correct ... etc   So to me it looks like the wrong file got included into the zip distribution

I'm having trouble installing Akismet on RC3 too. It installed but when I click Akismet sub menu (API key can be entered but the other link does not work), an error is shown instead. Are there any quick fixes for it or do I have to wait till final SMF 2 release for Akismet?

live627

I completely forgot the template was half wrong lol

But to answer your question, afraid you'll have to wait

sumeshpremraj

Waiting is not a problem, after all this is free mod so you are not really under any obligation. Just an assurance that you're working on it is enough :=)

Thanks.

pitamatein

Is it possible for flagged spam to not show up in RSS? I have other sites that get feeds from my SMF forum, and I have to manually delete the spam feeds.

(I like Askimet and appreciate your making it possible to incorporate it into SMF.)

coolfx350

it says if you have 25,000 pages views you need to get a paid version?

What will happened if i use the free one on a site that has more than 50k pageviews.

drusso1

Without making a backup immediately before I did so (foolish, I know), I installed Akismket 111-FIXED1 on SMF 1.1.12 with the Flagrant theme (by Crip) and Pretty URLs. No other packages. I do have a day-old back up of the forum which I would rather not go back to.

I got no errors during the install of Akismet. I got a success message.

Right after that, users reported this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Akismet
in /home/gatordav/public_html/forum_sm/Sources/Akismet.class.php on line 55

I unstalled Akismet. After that, when I attempted to access any forum, I got a generic message saying that there was a database problem (not just the PHP problem reported above).

I ran the standard MYSQL checks and fixes against the database tables. No errors were reported.

I thought that I might be able to help things (famous last words) by unstalling SMF 1.1.12, then reinstalling it.  I did so. That did not help, but now I have what seems like a better error message:

Unknown column 't.spam' in 'where clause'
File: /home/gatordav/public_html/forum_sm/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 473

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version
SMF 1.1.12, while your database is at version 1.1.11. The above error might possibly go away if you
execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Unfortunately I do not see upgrade.php anywhere on my forum -- which for all I know is a good thing since I don't want someone else running this file. But I am stuck at this point.

Suggestions?

drusso1

Thanks, Spud. I uninstalled my one remaining mod (Pretty URLs), then I replaced the three PHP files that were identified in the forum error messages (Display.php, MessageIndex.php, Subs-Post.php) with SMF 1.1.12 originals. Then I reinstalled  Pretty URLs. I see that I still have some Akismet files, which I will go bakc and delete at some point.

I might wait a while before I try the Akismet mod for SMF 1.x. I might wait for SMF 2.x

Thanks, again.

Dorr Altizer

Using SMF 1.1.12. I downloaded this mod from the Package Manager "Browse" list and it shows on the downloaded list like this:

Modification Packages
Mod Name Version
1. Akismet Spam Blocking 1.2 Beta 2

Clicking on the "Apply Mod" I get this:

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Akismet Spam Blocking":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Recent.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./SSI.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/MessageIndex.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
13. Execute Code install11.php
14. Extract File ./Sources/Akismet.php
15. Extract File ./Sources/Akismet.class.php
16. Extract File ./Themes/default/Akismet.template.php

Clicking on "Install Now" I get this:

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE Field = 'spam'' at line 1
File: D:\inetpub\trainnet\forum\Packages\temp\install11.php
Line: 12

Not being a programmer, I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. Help!!!

Dorr

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

bigjoe11a

Well you didn't say that we had to pay for the API key. and can't you do some thing good that doesn't cost us money.

See I just installed it to find out I had to uninstall it.

SMF Forums http://www.df-barracks.com Where gamers go.

SN95Forums

I am getting this issue once its activated:

8: Undefined index: akismetCaughtSpam
File: /home/snforums/public_html/Themes/default/Akismet.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 67

This is on the Akismet Configuration below the "Save API Key" button.

Any ideas?! It appears to be working but I cant see which posts its flagged.

SN95Forums

No one? I really need to be able to view the posts that got flagged.

Thanks

STS

I installed this and everything seemed to go fine. But it isn't showing up in my Admin area. Not in the current theme, or the default theme.

mark7144

Well, this mod looked promising but is blocking too many legimate posts so I have to uninstall it.

- It's blocking posts where people hotlink to a few images.
- It's blocking posts when people link to news websites such as dailyrecord.co.uk

So what I strongly suggest is for you to allow the admin to choose what member groups have this check so it only applies to guests and new users.

ryansdistrict

Quote from: Spuds on December 10, 2010, 11:04:41 AM
Basically the mod did NOT uninstall properly or completely so you will need to go in to each file and manually remove it, yes a pain but that is what you need to do (unless of course this was the only mod you had).  You can go to the mod page and select your forum version and parse .. use that as a guide for all the changes you will need to back out.

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare class Akismet
in /home/gatordav/public_html/forum_sm/Sources/Akismet.class.php on line 55
This means the same block of code is in there twice, generally caused by an incomplete uninstall followed by a reinstall

QuoteUnknown column 't.spam' in 'where clause'
File: /home/gatordav/public_html/forum_sm/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 473
The main SMF database is fine, this error is because the MessageIndex.php still has some Akismet code in it but the database entries for the mod are no longer there.

I have a similar issue but i got loads of mods installed
Please can you help me resolve this issue

Thanks
For Sale: RD.com-PS.com

ryansdistrict

For Sale: RD.com-PS.com

SD-X

Sorry if someone already mentioned it, I may have missed it, but is this mod SMF 2.0 Gold compatible?

Advertisement: