Sanhux

Modification in

./Themes/default/Display.template.php

fails when try to apply mod in the latest stable release SMF 1.1.9

shadowravenhawk

Can someone please help me with this? See reply #135

Yakumo

tried to install, i just get told :

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

on SMF 1.1.10 (upgrade install, then installed youtube bbcode, Create Topic on Report to Moderator, Seo 4 SMF)

shadowravenhawk

The ad mod is failing on a test on display.template.php. I had it in there and had to rip it for the akismet/stop spammer problem. This is the same file so it should go in. What can I do?

shadowravenhawk

I can't get Akismet to go back in. I reinstalled the same files and it doesn't work MessageIndex.php and Display.php are still acting like I got the stop spammer in there. Where does file SSI.php go?

erlend_sh

My forum has one particular member that seems to be recognized as a spammer every time he posts, even though I have repeatedly whitelisted his posts. Is there any way to whitelist his account? Every account that's ever had a post whitelisted, or even have more than say 50 posts, should be automatically whitelisted really.

Beagleboys

will this mod get upgrade for smf 2.0??

ryanhellyer

Quote from: erlend_sh on November 12, 2009, 05:21:16 PM
My forum has one particular member that seems to be recognized as a spammer every time he posts, even though I have repeatedly whitelisted his posts. Is there any way to whitelist his account?

Not within Akismet itself. You can report errors, but if someone is being blacklisted then it is probably for a reason so reporting it isn't going to work.

Quote from: erlend_sh on November 12, 2009, 05:21:16 PMEvery account that's ever had a post whitelisted, or even have more than say 50 posts, should be automatically whitelisted really.

Yeah, that would be a nice feature for the MOD to have.

It doesn't look like this thing is every going to be updated though unfortunately :(

live627

Okay I have finally updated this mod. SMF 1.1 users need not upgrade, nothing changed for them.

It's SMF 2 support that's new, and is why this mod has entered beta status. I need some people to test this mod by making a spam post and then look for it wherever you see posts. Recent posts, unread replies, message index, etc. and report back where you found the spam post. This will really help in improvements, there are so many places to cover that I may have missed some of them.

Thanks guys

TheListener

Will be installing the mod on my test forum which is on 2.0rc2.

However those with the user cp mod installed may find the following on install:

Add After     ./Sources/Profile-View.php     Test failed

I will be looking at this soon.

(is 5:40am)

EDIT: The aquired key needs to be placed in the akismet box under features & options > forum.

.Crazy.Face.

I used this as a plugin on my MyBB forum once. But, realizing the SMF just tops all other forum software right off, I decided to convert and lost that plugin! Thank monkeys for you! :] You rock!

giveaway365.com

TheListener

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1833

// Increase spam count
      $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
         UPDATE {db_prefix}settings
         SET value = value + 1
         WHERE variable = {string:akismetCaughtSpam''}
         array(
            'akismetCaughtSpam' => 'akismetCaughtSpam', (line 1833)

Any ideas Live?

TheListener

TheListener

Hello stranger hows you?

Will have a look and let ya know.

Sabre™

Yeah good mate, nah nah, I just had a quick look through the package and will leave it for live to reply, so removed my post.
I might install it another time and go through it, but not right now. Im in the middle of building a new site, so busy busy busy lol
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

TheListener

What you suggested didn't work.

:(

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

TheListener

Quote from: Sabre™ on February 28, 2010, 06:55:55 PM
Read above post ~~

Already did bud.

Anyways I have a private test forum now so it doesn't matter if the bugs get it lol

giveaway365.com

Quote from: Brack1 on February 28, 2010, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: giveaway365.com on February 28, 2010, 04:30:00 AM
does not work on 1.1.11

Can you please explain more.

The admin panel only showed me the version all other push buttons were blank.

Advertisement: