News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Akismet Spam Protection

Started by vbgamer45, December 29, 2006, 02:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Beta three released. Only topics get checked since there's no hook available for replies. No edits made, hooks only.

Babadinho

installed but cant find admin panel

Yakumo

Ditto.
SMF 2.0 with default or 'essence' theme.

Akismet Spam Blocking  1.2 beta 3

Pretty URL's 1.0 RC5.1
Youtube BBCode 2.6

I've tried removing the other packages, the akismet configuration options don't appear to show up anywhere, I've searched and searched, they aren't under the forum configuration, or in any of the drop down menu's as described, or anywhere else.

italiansoda

Same here. Not finding the admin configuration

SMF 2
Akismet Spam Protection 1.2 Beta 3

live627

he wrong file was being called, one that never existed in fact. I fixed that. That silly error caused the mod to not do a thing.

Yakumo

Many thanks for the update, just one small problem still -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '!', expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in *************/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-Akismet.php on line 12

this new build hosed my entire forum.

if (empty($_REQUEST['action']) && !empty($board) && empty(!$topic))

should be

if (empty($_REQUEST['action']) && !empty($board) && !empty($topic))

I assume. seems to return the forum to life, and add the menu options anyway.

The config options are under

Configuration --> Modification Settings ->Akismet Spam Blocking.
And not under the forum section where the current download page for the mod states.

I've added an API key, but now posting the test 'akismet-test-123' topic it hasn't been removed as spam

live627

QuoteI've added an API key, but now posting the test 'akismet-test-123' topic it hasn't been removed as spam
The mod relies on post modeeration to be enabled. It should mark spam unapproved. I'll update the mod page with this info in a bit.

pball

I tried installing 1.2 b3 on SMF 2.0 and after the install completed the forum didn't load any more. I had to delete the setting entries it added to the db for the site to load again.

Any clue what could be wrong?

Yakumo

yes, read my previous post in this thread, 2 above you, I'm guessing you had the same error?

Yakumo

I added an akismet wordpress api key to the settings.

I enabled post moderation under core features and saved the settings.
I posted the akismet test from a regular user test account.
I still can't find any sign of the akismet mod doing anything :/

pball

thanks Yakumo that stupid ! was the problem. I didn't get any error at all so I skipped your post since you at least got an error.

live627

I fixed that. Some calls were not done correctly.

pball

did you happen to fix this error just now?

Field 'spam' doesn't have a default value
File: C:\vhosts\forum\Sources\Subs-Post.php
Line: 1859

I got that when i tried posting a new thread

live627

Do you have beta 2? Because b3 does not edit any file.

pball

i just downloaded the b3 that was updated a few hours or so ago.

live627

Can you execute the following query in phpMyAdmin?

ALTER TABLE `smf_dev_topics` CHANGE `spam` `spam` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

Yakumo

Well there is one problem for me for a start.
There is no smf_dev_topics table at all :/

live627

Yakumo

in smf_topics it already was tinyint(1) but I ran the query anyway.
ALTER TABLE `smf_topics` CHANGE `spam` `spam` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
performed with no errors.

the akismit test still has no effect,  nothing is triggered in the moderation log, everyone can see the post.

gavinseim

Using 1.2 b2 on SMF 2.0. From what I can tell this mod is doing nothing. Moderation is enabled.

It installed OK on the default theme and under configuration/modification settings there is a link with no name that leads to a settings panel that has no text or descriptions (but does have Akismet mentioned in the url). And only a field where you can enter your Akismet number.

When I first installed the mod I though I actually had a config page with more info, but even then the mod never seemed to stop the test posts. Would be nice to get this working.

Advertisement: