Memberlist: Show only members with "A" or "B"

Started by Daniel D., July 18, 2004, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel D.

Many german users are wondering why the current memberlist doesn't show only users starting with the letter "A" if you click on it. There are always some with "B" etc. They don't understand (myself, too) why it has to work in that way only to be faster. Why don't show only "A" users? It's annoying to scroll to the specific letter or search for it or even get more letters than the one you wanted.

Daniel D.

Any chance of stop optimizing in this case? ;)

schamock

they can't answer because they are too busy with optimizing stuff  ;D

Oldiesmann

The way that whole thing is set up is something I neve have really figured out...

Basically, clicking on a letter in the memberlist takes you to the first page where there's a member listed whose membername begins with that letter, even if it's the last name listed on that page. I have always found this annoying and confusing, and have wondered why they did it this way...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Grudge

This has been brought up before and I do remember Unknown answering the reasoning behind it. I see your point though... does it "anchor" to the correct link when you go to a new letter?
I'm only a half geek really...

Oldiesmann

Just does the same thing when you go to a new letter - displays the first page with a membername that begins with that letter...

Here's what I'd rather see:

Either A. Display a page starting with the first membername beginning with that letter at the top
or B. Display a list of all membernames beginning with that letter
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Daniel D.

I know that this was brought up before (team board ???), but many users are complaining about this "feature" the last time. I don't like it, too. It's ugly... :-\

dschwab9

Why can't the list just be filtered to show only the ones with the choosen letters?

Quote from: Grudge on July 21, 2004, 06:52:54 PM
does it "anchor" to the correct link when you go to a new letter?

No, it goes to the top of the page and you have to scroll down.

Advertisement: