News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A fun day of updates

Started by Thantos, December 31, 2006, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

As many of you are well aware we updated this forum to the latest edition of SMF Development Edition.  Due to some of the changes made in SMF DE we also had to update some of our site scripts, which was done at the same time.  I'd like to thank you all for bearing with us during and after the update.

I'm sure some of you are wondering why we had to update the forum and why we had the downtime.  Well the forum hadn't been fully updated since before SMF 1.1 RC3's release, during which we have made a lot of changes.  Some of these changes have the potential of causing some havoc and we simply have to test them out throughly, and we'd rather test them here where we have lots of users that will point out problems.  Fortunately the changes we were worrying about haven't caused any problems, which makes us very happy.

Keeping this site upgraded helps us find problems.  For example between the time we released 1.1 RC3 for charters and the public we noticed a significant slow down in the site.  That combined with a few complaints from our charter members caused us to delay 1.1 RC3 for the public while we could figure out and correct the issue.  Had we not updated our forum we might not of noticed the issue and released it to the public which would have caused slow downs on your forums.

We haven't fixed all the bugs yet but we are correcting them as we find them.  If you find one there are a bunch of ways to let us know:

• Drop us a line at the Site Comments board, though please do take a quick look to see if it has been reported already.
  • Use the contact form
  • Or use the security form if you notice a security related issue.
There are lots of new features available so please take a look around the forum and test them out and let us know if there are problems or if you have suggestions on how to improve it.  As for what these features are, I'll let you find them >:D

Again, thanks for your patience and support, we really do appreciate it.

Daniel15

QuoteWe haven't fixed all the bugs yet but we are correcting them as we find them.
Most of them have now been fixed :)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Thantos

I'm sure there are new ones to be found :P

Croco

I am back. I will try to catch up with some stuff soon.
Regards,
Croco

My sites
Andareena.com
Andareen.net(Under Constraction :P)

New plans coming soon

Good links for you to visit:
Docs
Search

Advertisement: