News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bridge SMF 1.1 e107 alpha 1

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2006, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psygarden

Quote from: Orstio on January 18, 2007, 06:29:31 PM
There is no ec_lan_77 in the bridge.  I've just looked through the code of the whole bridge, and that is never used.

Actually there is here :

<tr><td colspan='2'  style='text-align:left' class='fcaption'><input class='button' type='submit' name='updatesettings' value='".EC_LAN_77."' /></td></tr>
   </table>
   </form>
   </div>";

This is found in the admin_smf_config.php file

Fabbritzio

psygarden

Quote from: Fabbritzio on January 22, 2007, 04:05:09 PM
And can I merge the 2 db?

As long as your table prefix is different there is no reason why you couldn't run this in the same database.

Fabbritzio

But how can login a user from SMF to e107?

Anek.

Hi  :)
I'm trying to convert the e107 forum --> smf, I solved some problem reading this forum but now I have a question.
I need to login in the site and in the forum both and this is ok, but when someone try to register on the forum he needs to register again on the site (and if someone try to register on the site the he needs to register on the forum again) this because seems the forum doesn't read the site registration (and viceversa)  but I have read that only one registration is ok for the site and the forum both ... so the question: what's wrong? :P
I'm using the last version of everythings (not the original convert because I had problem with some users table but you found the solution ^^)

Thx for the answers :)

Safetydan

Hi,
I'm attempting to use this bridge with e107 0.7.7 and SMF 1.1.1.  I have checked to make sure that the path given is the absolute path and have tried both wrapped an unwrapped with the same result. 
The e107 and SMF installs are both using databases on the same host with the same user.

All I get is a blank page.  The forums are test forums I just set up, I am the only user as the admin. 

Any help would be great, thanks  :)

Orstio

Is there anything in your error log?

Safetydan

Orstio

Safetydan

Hmm,
Both error logs are empty  >.<

Wish I could be more help in giving useful information :(

Orstio

Safetydan

Sure thing, this is the url i use for testing things...crelix is a friend of mine  :P

hxxp:www.e107.crelixisawhore.com/e107_v0.7.7_full/news.php [nonactive]

edit:  If you need access to look at things just lemme know and I'll give it to you  :)

Orstio

And what did you enter as the path to SMF?

Safetydan

Orstio

There's your problem.

Go to your SMF admin panel.  Click on Server Settings.  Your path to SMF will be the field labelled "Forum Directory".

Safetydan

Oh... oops  >.<

Works now!  Thanks for your help  :D

Deusdies

I can't get this thing to work. Copied/pasted forum directory as absolute path, and when I click on link "forum" in [site links] forum is loaded OK. But whenever a new member registers on e107 portal, he doesn't appear on SMF member list.

www.lgmportal.com
www.lgmportal.com/forum

Deusdies

Loool, this thing IS working, I mean, new user can login, just his name doesn't appear instantly on Newest member list :D

It appears when he/she logins on forum for the first time :D

Orstio

If all goes well, the next beta release will automatically insert users in SMF when they register in e107.

For now, it will do it on their first login.

Coe-CB-

Mine works except the wrap, if I do it wrapped then it just has a blank white page.

Advertisement: