News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Started by TechnoDragon, January 01, 2007, 07:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaXavier69

ill release my items to the public soon if they werent yet
Character is what you are in the dark

TechnoDragon

Thank you!  I did not release any with this maker as I plan to make them as an item pack...hopefully with an install and everything!
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

RaXavier69

kk, well those few things i sent b4 i had to reformate u can release tot he general public. i made a few more but not alot becaus ei cant use it >< so i go backing into the theme thing. hopfully well fine out wats wrong soon
* RaXavier69 crosss fingers
Character is what you are in the dark

Arwym

It's a great thing you're doing, indeed. ^^ I just tested it in v 1.1.1 of SMF, and everything worked fine, until...
Avatar images do not save properly. When it is saved, all we can see is a blank space. :(

I'd love it if this was fixed, but take your time. I am going to use it sometime, but with my own pixel art.

Thanks for finally providing the feature I was looking for! ^^

TechnoDragon

Can you pm me with a test account with access to the maker?  I want to see what it is doing so i can troubleshoot.

Arwym

Sure! Let me set it up in a moment. Thank you. :)

(The forums are new. I just installed my website in a new host. So the skin is default. All I can say is that I installed Tiny Portal. For some reason the SMF shop 3.0 is not working there, so I could not test the Avatar Maker's compatibility with it.)

softtouch

Does not work. The first error is "execute modification" = modification parse error.

TechnoDragon

Do you have the shop installed?

also, what version of smf are you using?

TechnoDragon

thank you!  I am surprised at the response i am getting from the SMF community!

tankster

great idea, looks very promising......

perplexed

oh I had a question I forgot to ask yesterday.

In the regular avatar settings in the admin panel, you can set the max avatar height and width sizes.  How does this affect your mod as I noticed it also had size options?  So which one takes precedence?

TechnoDragon

The first size setting is the actual image size.  i.e. you create a group of images for the maker and their physical size is say 100x100, that would be what you put in there.

the second set of size values is if you say want to have visually a bigger avatar size on the pages, but you want the actual avatar that shows up in posts a different size, that is what you would put there.

So for instance.  The base image size for the starter images I give with the Avatar Maker is 120wx150h which may look good visually, but in the forum most people can't show more than 100w, so I put 100wx125h so that the final image size will fit in the posts better.

I hope this explains it better

perplexed

ok thanks Technodragon, I just wondered as I have my forum avatar setting at 100x100 so I wondered what would happen with your mod avatar settings

TechnoDragon

it "should" take precedence, (the general avatar size settings) if it does not, just change the avatar maker final size to fix it.

TechnoDragon

A little update to the maker...
http://dragontalk.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item91
This adds a new feature to the maker and fixes a couple of bugs, all you have to do is overwrite the corresponding files on your server.

perplexed

I tried to install avatar maker 1.1 final which I DL'ed from your site TD but I got this error when trying to install:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    -    Modification parse error
2.    Extract Tree    ./Sources/avatarmaker    
3.    Extract Tree    ./avatars/forumAvatars    
4.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/images    
5.    Extract File    ./Sources/Avatar.php    
6.    Extract File    ./Sources/AvatarAdmin.php    
7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Avtr.template.php    
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/AvtrAdmin.template.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/pngfix.js    
10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Avtr.english.php    
11.    Execute Code    avtr_install.php

I see on the 2nd page of this topic someone had the same error and you asked if they had the shop installed, but they havent replied.  I have the shop installed. any ideas?

TechnoDragon

For some reason the xml parser has stopped working for the install in my package...I have been trying to track down the cause, but it is happening so sparingly that I haven't been able to pin it down yet....I will seee what I can do later this week when I get a bit more time...

Advertisement: