Started by TechnoDragon, January 01, 2007, 07:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

This looks to be an excellent idea...I have a few issues to report that prevent me from installing and trying it as yet though:

I run SMF 1.1.2, php5.2.1, shop mod installed.

avtrmkr_final.xml needs an alteration to one line to fix a bug if the shop mod is installed (or if any of a good number of other mods are installed as they all make the same problem occur): Line 91

'pm' => array(

Change to:

'pm' => array(

The first code is OK if on a clean install with no other mods in place but it tends to go wrong when other mods have modified the file...shop mod for instance.

Might it be better to put the modification after:

$permissionList = array(
      'membergroup' => array(
         'general' => array(
            'view_stats' => false,
            'view_mlist' => false,
            'who_view' => false,
            'search_posts' => false,
            'karma_edit' => false,
         ),

...so as to side-step the issue?

The database changes fail for me...avtr_install.php fails to run...hence my being unable to test the rest of the mod (yes I know I could use phpMyAdmin...but that's not really what testing a packaged mod should be about IMHO.)

Thanks for your hard work and I hope the above bug report is of use to you.

TechnoDragon

I'll look into changing the search criteria for the pm array...I think there was a good reason for me using that one for the search so I will relook at it...

that's the first time anyone has said anything about a problem with the install.php file for it...i'll see if I can duplicate it so I can try to fix that

Thank you TrueSatan for the info
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

perplexed

Have you had any luck in getting to look at this again TD?  I would really like to try this out and see how it works but it just wont install.

thanks for whenever you get a chance

Triforce Seeker

Is there any chance of an update for 1.1.3?  Whenever I try to upload it as a package it always says its for an older version of SMF.
This post was brought to you by Lon Lon Milk...  It's the Hero of Time's choice!

perplexed

any chance of splitting this mod into two so it can be installed for people who are having the 'modification parse error' when trying to install (and none of the suggestions to fix this will work) ?

thanks

arihantjain

hey dude.. can you make for 1.1.3 version?

perplexed

Quote from: TrueSatan on March 27, 2007, 09:10:26 AM
This looks to be an excellent idea...I have a few issues to report that prevent me from installing and trying it as yet though:

I run SMF 1.1.2, php5.2.1, shop mod installed.

avtrmkr_final.xml needs an alteration to one line to fix a bug if the shop mod is installed (or if any of a good number of other mods are installed as they all make the same problem occur): Line 91

'pm' => array(

Change to:

'pm' => array(

The first code is OK if on a clean install with no other mods in place but it tends to go wrong when other mods have modified the file...shop mod for instance.

Might it be better to put the modification after:

$permissionList = array(
      'membergroup' => array(
         'general' => array(
            'view_stats' => false,
            'view_mlist' => false,
            'who_view' => false,
            'search_posts' => false,
            'karma_edit' => false,
         ),

...so as to side-step the issue?

The database changes fail for me...avtr_install.php fails to run...hence my being unable to test the rest of the mod (yes I know I could use phpMyAdmin...but that's not really what testing a packaged mod should be about IMHO.)

Thanks for your hard work and I hope the above bug report is of use to you.

I am getting a fail on the sources/managepermissions.php file only.  Can someone help me fix this fail, which may or may not be related to the above.  I do have the shop mod installed .

Gargoyle

Perplexed have you looked at the files to modify them manually or to give the install file a new section to look for in the file you have a fail on. Typically just modding the install file will fix the issue.

perplexed

yeah I tried all that a few months back and nothing worked.  I thought maybe there was a new version coming but I see nothing on his forum either :(

Gargoyle

The mod was pretty complete when I was helping him beta test and he has spent a TON of time on this so he may be taking a break.

Where exactly is your error ??

If there is a way to attach the related files so I can look at them I am sure there is a fix to be found. I just need to see the file in question and the install files.

jusplay77

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Bah.. wish it worked on 1.1.4

Embrace

Technodragon has been inactive for a few months now, even on his own site...

I beleive he pretty much abandoned the mod...

jusplay77

I do hope that he returns, or someone else takes over the project to make it compatible with 1.1.4 - I have many members who would love to see this mod put into play.

RaXavier69

i was thinking of getting a few ppl toghter to bring this mod to life, so far i got 1 coder that can do it and 1 basic coder to help. i cna make a few items but i dont think its enough. if any one reading this can help with coding, gfx, or flash please pm me. Im tring to get a friend to help make it more of a flash mod to save on bandwidth but so far doesnt look like its going to happen
Character is what you are in the dark

paganize

I can't seem to find the plugin anywhere to get a copy of this plugin; I know it won't work with 1.1.4, but i would still like to look at it. anyone have a link?

perplexed

well it's on the author's website but going there today I see it's been shut down
http://dragontalk.net/
QuoteDue to circumstances beyond my control, Dragon Talk must be shut down until further notice....
:(

saosangmo

Could anyone share this mod with me? thanks

Senkusha

what really sucks is that I used to have this mod working on my site...until the server crashed!  Since I helped co-write a lot of the code on this mod, I'm going to see if I can get in contact with Technodragon and get the code.  I'd like to get it compatible with version 2.0.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

vbgamer45

File attached:
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: