News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Language Drop Down

Started by Matthew K., January 02, 2007, 11:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

did any of the tests fail in the pre-install screen?

Are you absolutely sure its the default theme? And not a copy of the default theme?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Elegant John

It installed perfectly. The theme uses is called DL-Green but the only files in the theme folder are style.css  and style2.css..

All the calls are made from within the default theme folder.

SleePy

can I see a link to your site?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

SleePy

Well the problem I see is that you modified the header area of the Default theme.
You will have to manually install it as it installs into the header/user info part on top (next to search on here).

Elegant John

Ups!!!
Then at this point I am lost.  Which file would I need to modify manually with the code and approximately where would the code need to go to make it appear, perhaps to the right of the Google ads (which can be removed) justification to the right under the menu buttons...

I tried adding and all I came out with was parse errors..

SleePy

index.template.php the template you modified and now use are your default.

srbija

How can I move this drop down menu to right side, like in this forum? Now, this menu is centered on my page. Sorry for bad english

SleePy

the menu could is placed in the index.template.php though you can use it in other places.
You would need to edit the index.template.php to move it
When moving it make sure to follow the php syntax. If you need help with that just post the area of code you want it in with a little know exactly where and I can show you how it should look.

affbld

I just installed the language dropdown box on my forum, and it said it was installed succesffuly, but when i tested it on Spanish, only some of the text is translated, not all of it. Can someone see what is wrong?

SleePy

Does all the language change when you change it in your profile?
Profile -> Look and Layout

My mod doesn't affect what is occurring. My only thought on this is that a mod or something added is english but labeled as a spanish file. More or less it similarly acts like like doing it through url http://yoursite.com/forum/index.php?language=spanish

St@rm

Quote from: SleePy on January 18, 2007, 12:43:47 AM
This mod only installs for the Default theme at the moment.
If you use another theme you will have to manually add in the appropriate code into the theme.

This is very simple if you follow the Edits I did to the default theme and apply those to your custom theme.
If you would like to submit your changes to your custom theme so it appears in future updates of this mod you can feel free to do so by sending them to me.

Can you please tell me where I have to do the changes to make this mod working in my custom theme,thanks.

SleePy

The whole mod runs off languageDrop();

So insert that in your theme. if it is in the middle of a echo like
echo '<tr>
           <td>This is my code</td>';

You need to put ',,' around it and drop the ;

so it would look like this:
echo '<tr>
           <td>This is my ', languageDrop(), ' code</td>';

If that is hard to follow just post the section of your theme you want it and make a note where exactly you want it.  

ChaosEnergy

I only see the drop down, when going to my profile, and there in account settings, then the dropdown gets visible, all the other time...it disappears

any idea?
Chaos Empire ®

SleePy

Did the mod install with no errors?

ChaosEnergy

installed complety successfull, as far as messages told me...
Chaos Empire ®

SleePy

Do you have any other mods installed?
Can I have a link to your forum?

ChaosEnergy

Chaos Empire ®

SleePy

Which version do did you download?
I believe their was a bug in the older version that I thought I fixed.. Maybe it was only in my Sources ::)

ChaosEnergy

Downloaded yesterday: LanguageDropV1.0.1.tar.gz
Chaos Empire ®

Advertisement: