Topic Description

Started by Rudolf, January 03, 2007, 09:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakael

ok, already fixed that. Problem was when it loads data from post you want to modify, descprition wasnt an argument on database query.

To fix it, open Post.php, then find this line:

// Get the existing message.
$request = db_query("
SELECT
m.ID_MEMBER, m.modifiedTime, m.smileysEnabled, m.body,
m.posterName, m.posterEmail, m.subject, m.icon,
IFNULL(a.size, -1) AS filesize, a.filename, a.ID_ATTACH,
t.ID_MEMBER_STARTED AS ID_MEMBER_POSTER, m.posterTime
FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}attachments AS a ON (a.ID_MSG = m.ID_MSG AND a.attachmentType = 0)
WHERE m.ID_MSG = " . (int) $_REQUEST['msg'] . "
AND m.ID_TOPIC = $topic
AND t.ID_TOPIC = $topic", __FILE__, __LINE__);
// The message they were trying to edit was most likely deleted.

Replace by:

// Get the existing message.
$request = db_query("
SELECT
m.ID_MEMBER, m.modifiedTime, m.smileysEnabled, m.body,
m.posterName, m.posterEmail, m.subject, m.description, m.icon,
IFNULL(a.size, -1) AS filesize, a.filename, a.ID_ATTACH,
t.ID_MEMBER_STARTED AS ID_MEMBER_POSTER, m.posterTime
FROM ({$db_prefix}messages AS m, {$db_prefix}topics AS t)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}attachments AS a ON (a.ID_MSG = m.ID_MSG AND a.attachmentType = 0)
WHERE m.ID_MSG = " . (int) $_REQUEST['msg'] . "
AND m.ID_TOPIC = $topic
AND t.ID_TOPIC = $topic", __FILE__, __LINE__);
// The message they were trying to edit was most likely deleted.

now its should work!

wihr

Hello.
Can I get to work this wonderful module to version 2 RC2 ?

Garou

I'm not sure if the author is supporting this mod anymore well have to see if he pops in. In the meantime I'm updating the mod for my own personal use. Once I get it working Ill post it up here.

bros

Quote from: Garou on November 12, 2009, 12:10:13 AM
I'm not sure if the author is supporting this mod anymore well have to see if he pops in. In the meantime I'm updating the mod for my own personal use. Once I get it working Ill post it up here.

He was last active here yesterday. Maybe shoot him a PM?

Caltan

Quote from: wihr on November 11, 2009, 11:13:14 AM
Hello.
Can I get to work this wonderful module to version 2 RC2 ?

You might try Topic Note instead.  It installs like a champ on RC2, and a couple of quick tweaks with the display template will make it behave exactly like 1.x Topic Description.

edi67

Quote from: Garou on November 12, 2009, 12:10:13 AM

i cannot wait for try it thx garou
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Garou

We have submitted the mod for the customization team to review at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2281 under Balance Games rather then myself, it hasn't been approved yet. Im guessing its due to the fact that it installs fine on a fresh copy of SMF RC2 but sometimes it has problems on upgraded versions.

It is available at Balance SMF http://smf.balancegames.net/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=8 and we have a package parser available if you need to make manual edits to make it work on your site.

Arantor

Interesting, you didn't mention that part.

Curious - do other users have access to that account? (You normally have to request permission for doing that first.)

Btw, I sent a PM to the mod author's account earlier with a list of issues we found.

edi67

Quote from: Garou on November 24, 2009, 06:33:52 AM
We have submitted the mod for the customization team to review at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2281 under Balance Games rather then myself, it hasn't been approved yet. Im guessing its due to the fact that it installs fine on a fresh copy of SMF RC2 but sometimes it has problems on upgraded versions.

It is available at Balance SMF http://smf.balancegames.net/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=8 and we have a package parser available if you need to make manual edits to make it work on your site.

Applied and modificate in some point work ok ony i have some of these erros:

Quote8: Undefined variable: func
Applica filtro: Mostra solo gli errori relativi a questo file
File: /home/crazyzone/data/www/crazyzone.biz/Sources/Post.php
Riga: 411

Line 411 is:          $func['htmltrim']($_REQUEST['description']); //-Topic description MOD-

And doing preview this is the error:
QuoteFatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/crazyzone/data/www/crazyzone.biz/Sources/Post.php on line 411

some solution garou ?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Garou

Arantor, I'm the only one that has access to the account, the plan is once a mod gets approved the other members from the team will be listed as additional authors. While yes I know I can do this under my own name we would rather have something identifying the team as a whole rather then an individual member. As there are other collaborative teams working on SMF Mods I wasn't aware there was an issue with this nor that there was a process.

In your PM you mention that you contacted Rudof and he is planning on updating the mod? As there hasn't been an update to the mod since 2007 nor has he posted in this thread in about a year ignoring the users, it was assumed that this is an abandoned mod.

There is a plethora of highly used and useful mods here on SMF that the authors no longer support even if their accounts have been used recently and its just a shame to see such a mod waste away.

Even though the mod worked on our test site the mod is no longer downloadable from our site and the Balance_Games account here has been deleted.

Hopefully the author does update the mod.

Arantor

You misinterpreted what I said. I never mentioned anything of Rudolf. There is another mod, by Akyhne, that does almost the same as this - as I linked in the PM I sent, which I have been told will be updated for RC2 very shortly, and is already available for 2.0 RC1.2: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1906

I am sorry if I sounded harsh in my communication; we do allow group accounts under specific circumstances but as you can imagine when it is being used for distribution of mods we do have to be careful about it (not to mention that such things have been used before in a manner to get around bans); you'll note mods like SMF Media Gallery were submitted by "SMG Team", for example.

bros

Quote from: Arantor on November 25, 2009, 06:58:55 AM
You misinterpreted what I said. I never mentioned anything of Rudolf. There is another mod, by Akyhne, that does almost the same as this - as I linked in the PM I sent, which I have been told will be updated for RC2 very shortly, and is already available for 2.0 RC1.2: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1906

I am sorry if I sounded harsh in my communication; we do allow group accounts under specific circumstances but as you can imagine when it is being used for distribution of mods we do have to be careful about it (not to mention that such things have been used before in a manner to get around bans); you'll note mods like SMF Media Gallery were submitted by "SMG Team", for example.

That mod is not very similar.

Topic description with the description displayed below the topic in the topic list is best, since it is annoying as hell to wait for the tooltip or whatever that other mod does to come up and then read it without moving the mouse.

I hope the issue gets resolved and Garou and friends can update this wonderful mod for SMF 2.

Caltan

It is in fact very similar.  :)   Just add $topic['topic_note'] to your MessageIndex.template.php below the if string for "Is this topic new?".

Arantor

There are also issues with updating another author's mods without their permission.

Rippler

I am using 2.0 RC2. Installation fails cos of failed tests.

Will this mod or any similiar work for this version of SMF?

Arantor

It won't work for 2.0 RC2 on account of the fact it hasn't been updated (as the mod's description says)

Try searching for Topic Note; I believe the author of that mod has updated it (or if he hasn't it's not far away)

linette97

I would love to get this Mod.. been waiting for a year now.. & I took a look at the Mod.. "Topic Note" Since ppl are saying it is similar  & can be tweaked.. do not understand how that can be done. Can someone explain a bit more.

Hope This mod gets fixed & upgraded soon!!
Thanks all!
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

Arantor

Ask in the thread for Topic Note about what you actually want tweaked.

linette97

Quote from: Arantor on December 11, 2009, 02:15:37 AM
Ask in the thread for Topic Note about what you actually want tweaked.

I did that already and the creator said it was not possible. (guess he didn't want to tell me) the way the mod is setup is not like this mod... I'll just wait until someone fixes this one! Thanks!
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

Kizo

any breakthrough ?

i like this mod also, but it keeps reporting errors when i try to install it.

best and thx

Advertisement: