• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
December 09, 2021, 12:19:26 AM

News:

SMF 2.1 RC4 has been released! Try it out and help us test! :) Read more.


YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)

Started by Daniel Marquard, January 03, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenigata

It seems it doesn't work withe Firefox 1.5 or IE 6.0. Why?

Coaxus

It works fine with Firefox 2.0.x

Also, it works fine with IE6 and Opera for me.

Exterminator2006

show me your code.... o instructions for instalation ?  thanks   give the steps

Exterminator2006

Quote from: Coaxus on February 25, 2007, 11:56:02 PM
It works fine with Firefox 2.0.x

Also, it works fine with IE6 and Opera for me.
it;s true friend.... install firefox 2.0.0.2 and perfect  but i.e 60 and firefox 1.5xx no play  why?

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Exterminator2006 on February 25, 2007, 11:11:40 AM
No play in my forums. why? but is show the imagen

For anyone else having difficulty with browser compatibility issues, I'll say once more that the outputted HTML that embeds the video in the post will not be changed.  My mod has been tested and has been confirmed to work with all new versions of major browsers.

Zenigata

Quote from: Marlon on February 26, 2007, 01:13:51 AM
My mod has been tested and has been confirmed to work with all new versions of major browsers.

Yes, it works with new version, but there are some people who don't use new broswser. What we can do for them?

Exterminator2006

some people who do not have new PC for new navigators and new operating systems :(

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Zenigata on February 26, 2007, 08:13:58 AM
Yes, it works with new version, but there are some people who don't use new broswser. What we can do for them?

Encourage them to upgrade to a newer and more stable version of their browser.

Quote from: Exterminator2006 on February 26, 2007, 09:50:11 AM
some people who do not have new PC for new navigators and new operating systems :(

If Windows 95 can run Firefox's latest release, I'd imagine any other operating system could do the same.

Zenigata

Quote from: Marlon on February 26, 2007, 11:59:08 AM
Encourage them to upgrade to a newer and more stable version of their browser.

Not everyone is a system administrator, I mean there are a lot of people who uses internet from work or internet point.

caruso


Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Caruso on February 26, 2007, 01:52:10 PM
Would nobody like to help me?  :(

I'm not sure where to start.  Try making the file changes manually.

Quote from: Zenigata on February 26, 2007, 01:13:02 PM
Not everyone is a system administrator, I mean there are a lot of people who uses internet from work or internet point.

That's true.  It's been confirmed, even before I released the mod, that the valid XHTML code WILL NOT function correctly in older versions of popular browsers.  As stated earlier, the code used to embed the videos in posts WILL NOT be changed in any future release of this mod unless someone can brainstorm a way to embed the video into a post and still retain the page's XHTML validity.

hotjunkie

Thanks for this mod,my members love posting YouTube Videos. ;)

benchiu

March 02, 2007, 11:45:11 AM #212 Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:48:47 AM by benchiu
I have installed this on my test forums (1.1.2), and while it the video works fine, I noticed that it changed the font settings of the forums somehow (could be my browser), and that there is some text at the top of the page that states $txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube';

Can anyone help with this?  Here is the URL of my test forums.

hxxp:www.bopguild.com/test/ [nonactive]

EDIT - I also noticed that my quick reply text box is now gone as well :(

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: benchiu on March 02, 2007, 11:45:11 AM
I have installed this on my test forums (1.1.2), and while it the video works fine, I noticed that it changed the font settings of the forums somehow (could be my browser), and that there is some text at the top of the page that states $txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube';

Can anyone help with this?  Here is the URL of my test forums.

http://www.bopguild.com/test/

EDIT - I also noticed that my quick reply text box is now gone as well :(

I can't explain why quick reply is missing.  Try checking your profile options and the theme's default settings.  Also, would you mind either posting the contents of or uploading your Modifications.english.php?

rbayless

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of this mod from SMF's web site. I am currently running SMF v1.1.2 and my browser is Firefox 2.0. The mod is not working on my web site. It is a fresh install of the board, no added templates, mods, nothing else. Once I click on the BBC icon and paste a video code inbetween the tags, it will just paste that code as regular text in the forum. Anyone know what gives?

Thanks,

Richard

benchiu

Quote from: Marlon on March 03, 2007, 02:22:06 AM
Quote from: benchiu on March 02, 2007, 11:45:11 AM
I have installed this on my test forums (1.1.2), and while it the video works fine, I noticed that it changed the font settings of the forums somehow (could be my browser), and that there is some text at the top of the page that states $txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube';

Can anyone help with this?  Here is the URL of my test forums.

hxxp:www.bopguild.com/test/ [nonactive]

EDIT - I also noticed that my quick reply text box is now gone as well :(

I can't explain why quick reply is missing.  Try checking your profile options and the theme's default settings.  Also, would you mind either posting the contents of or uploading your Modifications.english.php?

Ok fixed the Quick Reply thing, that was a setup issue.  The font issue seems to be an issue with IE, Firefox doesn't seem to have any problems.  I've uploaded the Modifications.english.php file.

Daniel Marquard

benchiu, this version should work for you.  :)

benchiu

Quote from: Marlon on March 04, 2007, 08:07:02 AM
benchiu, this version should work for you.  :)

Didn't work :(  I replaced the file with your attachment and it still is showing the strange text and increased font.  What is odd is that when I had removed that file completely, the text and font issues were gone.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: benchiu on March 05, 2007, 09:25:29 AM
Didn't work :(  I replaced the file with your attachment and it still is showing the strange text and increased font.  What is odd is that when I had removed that file completely, the text and font issues were gone.

Ah, forgive me.  It was a typo on my part.

hygron


come join me at: http://www.Hygronomics.com/forum1
My newest site: http://myvirtualworld.org Virtual Domain Hosting

Advertisement: