News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)

Started by Daniel Marquard, January 03, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4fit?

Quote from: 05185736 on January 12, 2007, 04:40:18 PM
I know this may sound stupid but where do i go for that?
YourBoardDirectory/Themes/YourTheme/languages/

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: 05185736 on January 12, 2007, 04:40:18 PM
I know this may sound stupid but where do i go for that?

The root directory of SMF.

Is there a reason why the param element was used with end tags? I thought the param element was a self-closing empty tag.

I have written my XHTML compliant flash (youtube) code like this...

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/$1" width="425" height="350">
     <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/$1" />
     <param name="loop" value="false" />
     <param name="menu" value="false" />
     <param name="quality" value="high" />
     <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
     <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
</object>

I like forward to the next version, and hope that it will recognize previous youtube BBC tags that still contain just the youtube video id.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: 127.0.0.1 on January 13, 2007, 10:22:09 PM
Is there a reason why the param element was used with end tags? I thought the param element was a self-closing empty tag.

I have written my XHTML compliant flash (youtube) code like this...

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/$1" width="425" height="350">
     <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/$1" />
     <param name="loop" value="false" />
     <param name="menu" value="false" />
     <param name="quality" value="high" />
     <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
     <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
</object>

I like forward to the next version, and hope that it will recognize previous youtube BBC tags that still contain just the youtube video id.

It's the way I formatted it in order to include everything and still retain its XHTML validity.

manichols7

After installing this mod to SMF1.1.1 and Tiny Portal 9.7, it place at the top of all pages this code.

$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube';

my site is here;

http://manichols7.com/forum/index.php

I uninstalled it but it left that code, so I reinstalled it to learned what files it modified and it place a second code there.  I have uninstalled it again.  Can you please tell me how to removed that code?
Character Performance Environments, where your Imagination Rules!

manichols7

Ok, I went back a little and found the problem, I went to my form root and found the language file and deleted the code and it is now removed from my front page.

I just deleted the youtube and nothing else.  Thank you for trying to give us a neat mod and I will try it again when you have improved it.  Good luck,
Marian
Character Performance Environments, where your Imagination Rules!

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: manichols7 on January 14, 2007, 05:08:12 PM
Ok, I went back a little and found the problem, I went to my form root and found the language file and deleted the code and it is now removed from my front page.

I just deleted the youtube and nothing else.  Thank you for trying to give us a neat mod and I will try it again when you have improved it.  Good luck,
Marian

There's nothing I can improve upon as far as the language file.  All you had to do was post the contents of Modifications.english.php and I could've fixed it for you.

Green Hornet

Hello,

I'm using SMF 1.1.1 and i'd just install your mod but it doesn't work, you can have a look at this url:

http://forums.tewebe.com/index.php?topic=7480.msg115206#new

sorry i'm french so it is difficult for me to help you more in describing the problem but i wil try ;)

thanks,

regards

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Green Hornet on January 17, 2007, 07:00:03 PM
Hello,

I'm using SMF 1.1.1 and i'd just install your mod but it doesn't work, you can have a look at this url:

http://forums.tewebe.com/index.php?topic=7480.msg115206#new

sorry i'm french so it is difficult for me to help you more in describing the problem but i wil try ;)

thanks,

regards

What browser are you using (and what version of that)?

Green Hornet

don't work with Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 ...

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Green Hornet on January 18, 2007, 03:22:09 AM

Odd, works for me on both.

4fit?

Quote from: Marlon on January 18, 2007, 10:27:10 PM

Works for me as well.  Can you post the code you are entering in the post box?  Maybe you are including the wrong portion of the url from YouTube between the tags.

Gargiulo

I've installed the mod today but I have some problems.

I uploaded the youtube.gif to my theme bcc dir and it works. I edited Modifications.english.php and Post.template.php of my theme (I use pdx-dk06).
When I type
, the post shows the code...
When I use the bcc button and I paste the yt code (like [youtube=425,350]SPE8vL5hlFA[/youtube]), I can't post because I get the error "The message body was left empty."
So if I add some words before or after the bcc code everything works and I see the video in the post..

It seems crazy  :D
What's happening?

4fit?

Quote from: Gargiulo on January 19, 2007, 10:54:34 AM
I've installed the mod today but I have some problems.

I uploaded the youtube.gif to my theme bcc dir and it works. I edited Modifications.english.php and Post.template.php of my theme (I use pdx-dk06).
When I type
, the post shows the code...
When I use the bcc button and I paste the yt code (like [youtube=425,350]SPE8vL5hlFA[/youtube]), I can't post because I get the error "The message body was left empty."
So if I add some words before or after the bcc code everything works and I see the video in the post..

It seems crazy  :D
What's happening?

I believe yo uhave to have the width/height parameters in there.  As for it saying the body was left empty, I get the same error message if all I put in there is the youtube code.  But, I normally type something in there along with the code anyways, so that doesn't bother me any.

Green Hornet

Quote from: 4fit? on January 18, 2007, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: Marlon on January 18, 2007, 10:27:10 PM

Works for me as well.  Can you post the code you are entering in the post box?  Maybe you are including the wrong portion of the url from YouTube between the tags.

Ok i understand, i included all the url not the protion, sorry it works :)

thanks everybody for help :)

I'm experiencing a bug, and I'd like to know if you can duplicate this mod on SMF 1.1.1.

When posting a message where the message body simply contains:

[youtube=425,350]43423432432[/youtube]

I receive the following notification:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

RoarinRow

Quote from: 127.0.0.1 on January 19, 2007, 06:47:51 PM
I'm experiencing a bug, and I'd like to know if you can duplicate this mod on SMF 1.1.1.

When posting a message where the message body simply contains:

[youtube=425,350]43423432432[/youtube]

I receive the following notification:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

You have to type something in the body of the message even though you have that YouTube code, it doesn't recognize that as text.

Type the word 'test' for example, then use your YouTube code   :)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Why is it the only tag that has to work like that? Posting just an IMG tag in the message body will work, why won't it work for the youtube tag? I've been into the Subs.php file trying to figure it out.

RoarinRow

Quote from: 127.0.0.1 on January 19, 2007, 07:11:58 PM
Why is it the only tag that has to work like that? Posting just an IMG tag in the message body will work, why won't it work for the youtube tag? I've been into the Subs.php file trying to figure it out.

Got me there   ???   Something with the mod I guess.  Usually people on my forum will make a short intro before using the the code, e.g. Here's a funny bicycle accident, then use the mod to insert the YouTube value.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

kkdai

Hi
Thanks for your great work.
I looking for this feature for so long.
I also migrate from Yabbse to SMF for your MOD.

But I have one question,

After I use this, every post which has youyube tag will become slow to present.

Does anyone has the same isssue?

Advertisement: