FlashChat Integration

Started by Tyrsson, January 05, 2007, 03:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Dated June 30th, long time ago. Licenses would probably be $10.00.

How dare you even insinuate that I am greedy. You're a loser. Have no appreciation for half the ****** I do.

Sandmansa

Even though it was about 3 months ago, dooie was right about who said it.  That is why I said, I was in for $5.  That seemed fair enough since flashchat it self is only $5

Matthew K.

Yeah, I just didn't remember saying $5.00. I'm really not sure what I'm going to charge for it, I think that's exactly why I said $5, in the first place. But I can say it'll be no more than $15, and hopefully closer to $5 than $15. However, my modification will COMPLETELY integrate the chat, and even modify some of the chat system itself.

It'll improve a lot of the integration that even this modification didn't.

Kindred

Lab...   name calling? Please...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matthew K.

First of all, let me say that I am an adult. Just frustrated with the lack of realization people have when it comes to how much work is put into quality products, and people just want everything for free and think someone is greedy if it's not free. What do you mean by "not sticking to my word"? Do you mean by saying the price changed from something I said 3-4 months ago? Things change, just because I said it would be $5.00 months ago, doesn't mean that it's not going to change? That doesn't seem very logical to me.

Please, humor me. How am I being arrogant?

Matthew K.

From my country it's more of a term used for someone being rude, stupid, or mean. Not liking something someone is doing or saying. Therefore my calling someone a loser who was being idiotic does not make me arrogant. Feel free to think otherwise. Also, 18 = legal adult in my country.

Kindred

As someone older than both of you...   Knock it off guys.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Matthew K.

I wasn't showing an offensive attitude of superiority. I don't think you quite understand how offensive what they said was to me...I've spent countless hours (literally) developing free modifications, providing support and so forth. Most don't care and just want more for free.

I am now to the point where I need to start getting paid for some of the products I release, for many reasons. Size, time, and so forth. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I've spent years building experience to get where I am now knowledge / skill wise. There shouldn't be anything wrong with occasionally asking to be paid in compensation for a veryy almost insignificant amount of time I've put in and in turn for supporting a VERY little bit financially for all of the time I put into the SMF project and getting a nice quality product in return.

Really, think about it. Now with a little bit of context (not nearly all of it) you should be able to see how offensive his post could be. Showing no regard for all of the time I have sacrificed for this project, for free, not asking anything in return. Losing time with my family, friends, and so forth.

Kindred

And, as obnoxious as he might be...  THAT was going way beyond obnoxious. Deleted.
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

Dooie, if you are the age you claim to be, then act your bloody age.
You started in on lab... And while his response was not the most mature, you kept it going as well.

Cut it out.

Also, although it is hardly secret, I removed my name from your post, because your attempt to look clever was merely annoying (and arrogant)
Слaва
Украинi

Sakurachan

Quote from: Kindred on October 02, 2012, 12:28:12 AM
And, as obnoxious as he might be...  THAT was going way beyond obnoxious. Deleted.

He bothered me, so I got him back.
Quote from: dooie on October 02, 2012, 01:06:23 AM
Well I cleaned up my part, anyone else prepared to step up and let this thread be about FlasChat integration and remove extranious posts

Not until you stop arguing over someone being greedy

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Filling up my mail box with this argument wont work either, it tends to make me show back up too.

Knock it off.. if you want something working decent, pay someone.

If not, then do it yourself.

No offense to anyone but its too early in the am here for me to get on my pc and see a ton of crap on this thread.
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Sakurachan

Quote from: Smoky "Rider" Blue on October 02, 2012, 06:12:00 AM
Filling up my mail box with this argument wont work either, it tends to make me show back up too.

Knock it off.. if you want something working decent, pay someone.

If not, then do it yourself.

No offense to anyone but its too early in the am here for me to get on my pc and see a ton of crap on this thread.

Ignore it?
Also, it's kinda obvious this mod will never be worked on again.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: Joey Smith™ on December 25, 2011, 03:30:35 AM
You dont have to email me, although I did not originally create it, but I am the one currently handling its development and to be honest it will be awhile before I have time to update it. Currently my time is very limited due to work and my current projects. I am looking for a developer to take over the development so that it can be updated. I will post as soon as I find one.

How about this? Anyone froggy enough to take it? some do have it working so, obviously once a new coder picks this mod up, support can go on, if people that do have it working and are paying attention to this thread. Personally, I will not take this. I admire what Joey has done for the mod, and well.. I do wish someone would help this mod out.

cheers!
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Inti31

to be honest - I think the Ajax Chat fits much better to SMF than the Flashchat v6.0.8

But the flashchat v608 is easy to implement.

1: Use the gz file and restore it into your smf database: http://ul.to/ejaf7z29
Important: the {db_prefix} is smf_fc_
if you use another prefix, rename the 11 tables afterwards - I recommend MySQLDumper for the restore action

2: Download this free flashchat and extract it to the root of your webserver: http://ul.to/fnse3wvk (~23MB)
Then open config.srv.php (is located in chat/temp) and enter your database details like username, dbname, dbpass and prefix (if necessary) (line 8-12)

3: to have a menu (only visible to member) and also viewable how many user are currently in the chat (at the top / in info-center)
Download this (http://ul.to/kb4pehz8) and replace the original files (if you are using a fresh installation) -- else compare the files and copy & paste the little necessary snippets manually.

4 Finally:
open Subs.php and change the link in line 3906 (it includes my old testforum link *sorry*)
for Non-Germans:
open BoardIndex.template.php and enter your tranlsation like "member in chat" in line 356
open info_embedded_user.php (in /chat) and translate it also (line 96, 116)
open info_embedded.php (in /chat) and translate it also (line  96, 117)

Done! Needs just 5 minutes to get it running.
i know - in normal I would use variables for that - but I don't like this chat... - was just to see how I could get it working  :laugh:

Admins in SMF are admins in chat, moderators moderators,...

Last: I am German and modified some tpls... - use the original ones else modify them...

Done! Now you have a working chat with 3 chatrooms (Café, Séparée and Administration (password protected: asdf)

Open now the admin page: http://yourdomain.com/chat/admin and do what you like

How it looks: test.epica-forum.de

use Test / 12345678 to login (normal member account)

cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Kindred this is the instructions.. i'd leave it but eh.. if you think you want to remove it  :P

thank you Inti31  8)

Sakurachan

Plus, FlashChat by Tufat is really buggy and attracts hackers on your site.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Anything Flash or Java will do that  ::)

even key words, and images as well as code bits..

the point was it was a good chat application, back in its own day. People still do use it, and if you know how to secure flash, it really is not a big deal.  O:)

Had to edit to include other bits  :-X

Sakurachan

Quote from: Smoky "Rider" Blue on October 02, 2012, 01:57:38 PM
Anything Flash or Java will do that  ::)

the point was it was a good chat application, back in its own day. People still do use it, and if you know how to secure flash, it really is not a big deal.  O:)

Java and flash both can be exploited, yes. I have seen only Flash Chat used in one big environment and it was pretty stable. I think there was around 100-200 users online at any given time.

I remember the oooollldd flash chat version back in like 2006 or 2007.

Kindred

whoops... my mistake. I read it quickly and thought you were posting instructions for ajaxchat. :)

mea culpa.

Sakurachan,
evidence?   I have never had a problem with Flashchat attracting hackers... and although there are some issues, every system has some of them and I don't think that describing it as "really buggy" is at all accurate.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: