News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

FlashChat Integration

Started by Tyrsson, January 05, 2007, 03:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PacMan

Quote from: Daniel15 on January 11, 2007, 05:32:21 AM

QuoteI've decided I'd like to keep all the functions of the mod but I would like to have the chat window seperated again from the forum page.  Is this possible to do without too much trouble?
Nope, no trouble at all :). Simply changing the link to the default FlashChat one will do this.
In Themes/default/index.template.php, find:

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat">' , $txt['fc_chat'] , '</a>

Replace with:

<a href="', $GLOBALS['boardurl'], '/chat/flashchat.php">' , $txt['fc_chat'] , '</a>

In the future, there may be an option to enable or disable this in the admin panel :)

Hi Daniel15,
I tried the above to seperate the chat page from the forum and even though it is reduce the size of the forum page (top) area, it is still clearly attached to a part of the forum.  What would be nice (don't know if it's feasable) would be to have the chat page seperate from the forum and end up with FlashChat all by itself in one window and SMF in a seperate window all by itself so a person could simutainisly chat and browse forum as needed.  Any possibilities?

cheers my friend.
Mark
4 stages of manhood. 1st we belive in Santa.. 2nd we find out Santa is not real. 3rd we learn to play we are santa and 4th We suddenly look like santa! ....  :)....  Merry Christmas!

Daniel15

QuoteWhat would be nice (don't know if it's feasable) would be to have the chat page seperate from the forum and end up with FlashChat all by itself in one window and SMF in a seperate window all by itself so a person could simutainisly chat and browse forum as needed.  Any possibilities?
That's what my code should have done. If you browse to /chat/flashchat.php, it should take up the full screen, with no forum header or footer. The code just changes the link from my ?action=chat link to the /chat/flashchat.php one.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Simplemachines Cowboy

Daniel, this mod works like a dream.
However, I would like to have a horizontal line separating the list of users, the users in chat, and the spiders.

Like this:
Users active in past 180 minutes:
Mark, Spanish Rob
---------------------------------------------------------------
Users currently in chat:
Fred (Chat Room 1)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Spiders active in past 180 minutes:
Yahoo spider (81), Google spider, MSN spider (4)
----------------------------------------------------------------

I tried using <hr width="100%"> in a couple of places but I just don't know php well enough to get it in in the code shown below:

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
if (!empty($context['users_online']))
echo '
', $txt[140], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

// --- Begin FlashChat integration ---
// If there's users in the chat
if (!empty($context['users_chat']))
echo '
<br />
', $txt['fc_users_online'], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_chat']);
// --- End FlashChat integration ---

if (!empty($context['spiders']))
{
if ($modSettings['ob_googlebot_display_own_list'])
echo '
<br />
', $txt['ob_googlebot_spiders_last_active'], ':<br />';
else
{
if (empty($context['users_online']))
echo '
', $txt[140], ':<br />';
else
echo ', ';
}

echo implode(', ', $context['spiders']);

TIA,

Jay
My SMF forum: The Open Range

Daniel15

Try this:

// Assuming there ARE users online... each user in users_online has an id, username, name, group, href, and link.
if (!empty($context['users_online']))
echo '
', $txt[140], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

// --- Begin FlashChat integration ---
// If there's users in the chat
if (!empty($context['users_chat']))
echo '
<hr width="100%" /><br />
', $txt['fc_users_online'], ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_chat']);
// --- End FlashChat integration ---

if (!empty($context['spiders']))
{
if ($modSettings['ob_googlebot_display_own_list'])
echo '
<hr width="100%" /><br />
', $txt['ob_googlebot_spiders_last_active'], ':<br />';
else
{
if (empty($context['users_online']))
echo '
', $txt[140], ':<br />';
else
echo ', ';
}

echo implode(', ', $context['spiders']);

I simply added <hr width="100%" /> before the <br /> (line breaks). I didn't test this, but it should work.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.

Simplemachines Cowboy

Once again, it proves that knowing the information is one thing, but knowing what to do with it is what makes you get the big bucks.  :D

I thought I tried <hr width="100%" /> in every possible place, but obviously not.

Works perfectly.

Cheers mate!
My SMF forum: The Open Range

wickedstangs

Man the above fix is awesome thanks also..
QuoteAnd Daniel15 by any chance do you know what happened to cwhnetworks?

wickedstangs

Daniel15 not sure if it has been brought up yet but in the Users currently in chat:
wickedstangs (The Lounge) the last person in the forum stays there until someoneelse logs in. Do you have fix for this?

Daniel15

Quote from: wickedstangs on January 15, 2007, 01:56:06 AM
QuoteAnd Daniel15 by any chance do you know what happened to cwhnetworks?
Sorry, there was a hard drive problem, and a lot of the data became corrupted. The data centre is currently setting up a new server for us (and restoring our weekly backup [January 13th] onto it), so we should be up again soon ;)

Quote from: wickedstangs on January 15, 2007, 02:44:39 AM
Daniel15 not sure if it has been brought up yet but in the Users currently in chat:
wickedstangs (The Lounge) the last person in the forum stays there until someoneelse logs in. Do you have fix for this?
I'll try to fix it soon. Basically, the popup that comes up is meant to log the user out, except the popup isn't working in this case. I'll have a closer look at it soon.

Froggy

I really liked the flashchat when i found it

but have always been afraid i could not 'tweak' it properly to install it

-----------

Is this still a 'tweaky' install (flashchat) and what does this MOD (SMF) add

Does it just add a 'button' to the menu or more

where would i 'tweak' the settings - in SMF or in Flashchat

What about 'bandwidth issues' or even forum degradation (slow)

from using flashchat

Can someone help me out here -

i have a very small board - 100 users or less

Did anyone install it and find that they had to remove it (flashchat)
because it messed up their forum?

Does this MOD integrate the forum users names into flashchat
or is that a setting in flashchat itself

As you can see - I have lots of questions and am not a big 'chatter'

so even the terms are a bit foreign

Daniel15

QuoteIs this still a 'tweaky' install (flashchat) and what does this MOD (SMF) add
What do you mean by a 'tweaky' install?

QuoteDoes it just add a 'button' to the menu or more
Basically, this mod adds a button on the menu for FlashChat, and also shows the users in the chat at the bottom of the board index (under Users Online). Additionally, it makes the chat appear 'inside' the forum, rather than seperated.

Quotewhere would i 'tweak' the settings - in SMF or in Flashchat
The settings are all changed in FlashChat itself, SMF has no settings for it (this mod doesn't add any additional settings)

QuoteWhat about 'bandwidth issues' or even forum degradation (slow)
I'm not quite sure, but I believe it's relatively low bandwidth. It will not slow down your forum, though.

Quotei have a very small board - 100 users or less
It should work perfectly, then :)

QuoteDid anyone install it and find that they had to remove it (flashchat)
because it messed up their forum?
It should not mess up your forum at all, as it doesn't change much.

QuoteDoes this MOD integrate the forum users names into flashchat
or is that a setting in flashchat itself
FlashChat itself does this. When you install it, you can tell it to use SMF's userbase (choose the "integrate" option during installation

I hope I answered all your questions :)

Froggy

you did - thanks very much

I believe I'm gonna buy it and try it

Dont you go anywhere   :)

Daniel15

QuoteDont you go anywhere   
It's alright - I'll be right here :D

PacMan

Quote from: Daniel15 on January 14, 2007, 02:38:55 AM
QuoteWhat would be nice (don't know if it's feasable) would be to have the chat page seperate from the forum and end up with FlashChat all by itself in one window and SMF in a seperate window all by itself so a person could simutainisly chat and browse forum as needed.  Any possibilities?
That's what my code should have done. If you browse to /chat/flashchat.php, it should take up the full screen, with no forum header or footer. The code just changes the link from my ?action=chat link to the /chat/flashchat.php one.

Why does it look this way?

Cheers!
4 stages of manhood. 1st we belive in Santa.. 2nd we find out Santa is not real. 3rd we learn to play we are santa and 4th We suddenly look like santa! ....  :)....  Merry Christmas!

hollowGod

hello,

I have installed a new skin for FlashChat called FlashChat Desktop Skin.
How do I change the code so I can use it, instead of the default skin?

hollowGod

[Chris]

Any chance of getting a basic permissions check added? Like allowing only certain membergroups access to flashchat? That would be awesome :)

Daniel15

QuoteWhy does it look this way?
You mean the flashchat.php page? It's just the standard page that comes with FlashChat, which is just the standalone chat (it isn't "integrated" into anything else, even though the memberlist is)

QuoteI have installed a new skin for FlashChat called FlashChat Desktop Skin.
How do I change the code so I can use it, instead of the default skin?
I'm not sure, but I think it's a setting in FlashChat itself. Have you looked in the FlashChat admin panel (chat/admin.php, I think)?

QuoteAny chance of getting a basic permissions check added? Like allowing only certain membergroups access to flashchat? That would be awesome
You'll need to ask the author of FlashChat to do this, over at www.tufat.com ;)

paster_cobra

how can i fix this? admin is listed as still being in chat even when i leave. i like th fact that it shows what chat room i'm in but i dont need it there 2x how can i get rid of the second?

If you dont know the answer let me know

0 Guests, 1 User, 1 User in Chat
Users active in past 15 minutes:
Admin
Users currently in chat:
Admin (The Lounge)
Users currently in chat:
Admin (The Lounge)

PacMan

Quote from: Daniel15 on January 17, 2007, 10:25:58 PM
QuoteWhy does it look this way?
You mean the flashchat.php page? It's just the standard page that comes with FlashChat, which is just the standalone chat (it isn't "integrated" into anything else, even though the memberlist is)

I'm pretty sure before I installed the mod, the flashchat screen was all by its self without any SMF showing at all.  No???  Maybe not but I sure thought I remembered it that way where it took up much less space.

cheers!

EDIT:
No, you're right.  It's exactly the way it's supposed to be... sorry bout that..  Thanks Daniel

cheers!

Jaina

Very helpful mod! Thanks a lot!

ibexy

flashchat is loading fine but completely covers the screen (obscuring the forum). Is there a way to make it load in a smaller window within my forum. Also there is no way to exit flashchat and return to smf forum without use of the 'back' button on explorer.

Advertisement: