[SMF Converter] YaBB SE 1.5.4

Started by JayBachatero, January 08, 2007, 11:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

endurics

QuoteCan you check in your Settings.php file for YaBB SE for the $db_prefix.

Well I can tell you without looking that the prefix for all of the tables that I exported (including members) is "forum_"

Boardnation - Since 2001, Free & Advanced Message Board Hosting Services

JayBachatero

Ok but what is the setting in the Settings.php file?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

endurics

QuoteOk but what is the setting in the Settings.php file?

You are referring to the YaBB SE Settings.php file, correct?

This is actually an export from a multi-board version of YaBB SE, so $db_prefix is a variable that is set dynamically.

One question I have though: How does the converter know which db to find the YaBB SE tables in?  I know that the db has to exist on the same MySQL server as the SMF installation, but our server has many db's on it.

The first error I actually receive when running the converter is this:

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'mem.im_email_notify' in 'field list'

So now, I am wondering if we have extra columns in the YaBB SE members table that is causing the converter to error out?

JayBachatero

Try running upgrade.php instead.  SMF is able to upgrade certain versions of YaBB SE.  Download the upgrade package.  Change the prefix in the SMF Settings.php file to the yabb se prefix and upgrade.  Do a backup first though.
Follow me on Twitter

endurics

QuoteTry running upgrade.php instead.  SMF is able to upgrade certain versions of YaBB SE.  Download the upgrade package.  Change the prefix in the SMF Settings.php file to the yabb se prefix and upgrade.  Do a backup first though.

Hi Jay,

I ran across this old post, and this looks like the exact problem we are experiencing.

I have been trying to convert our YaBB SE data directly into SMF 1.1.3.  Instead, is this the process I should follow:

• Install SMF 1.0.5
  • Run the YaBB SE converter
  • Run upgrade.php

endurics

OK, problem solved!

Convert.php worked with the .sql file found in this topic (the second posting), but only after I hardcoded in the "from" (or source) database in convert.php.  The problem was that the script was not detecting the database where my YaBB SE tables were.

The only problem I have noticed so far is that membergroups did not all get converted.  This particular  YaBB SE board had several custom member groups, and the custom groups did not make the transition.

But other than that, members, boards and posts look great, converted straight into SMF 1.1.3  :)

JayBachatero

Since you just had a backup the Settings.php from YaBB SE was not found.
Follow me on Twitter

endurics

QuoteSince you just had a backup the Settings.php from YaBB SE was not found.

Yes, that makes sense.

There was another issue I should note here: When non-Admin members logged in to the new SMF forum, they did not have access to any of the boards (basically they saw news items and stats, that's about it).  The forum Admin had to reset all of their passwords to something new, and when they logged back in, they had full access.

I am not sure, but this might be related to the fact that the YaBB SE membergroups did not get converted?

ajg

QuoteConvert.php worked with the .sql file found in this topic (the second posting), but only after I hardcoded in the "from" (or source) database in convert.php.  The problem was that the script was not detecting the database where my YaBB SE tables were.

can someone please point exactly where the "from" or source in convert.php file as there are many instances of this word in the convert.php file.

JayBachatero

$from_prefix = eval('return "' . $convert_data['from_prefix'] . '";'); is what you are looking for.
Follow me on Twitter

ajg

Thanks for the reply Jay!  but i'm still encountering errors and installation is unsuccessful.  i got these errors

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of YaBB SE 1.5.x. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: No database selected

Notice: Undefined index: don_bosco.sql in /home/donbosco/public_html/convert.php on line 343

$from_prefix = eval('return "' . $convert_data['from_prefix'] . '";');

all i have is a backup of my database.  and what i did is change 'from_prefix' to 'don_bosco.sql'.  is this correct?  that's the filename of my backup exported from a yabbse remote hosting forum.

just a newbie here, so a step by step solution is needed  ;D

JayBachatero

Actually no that's not correct.  You need to import the backup back to the database and then run the converter.
Follow me on Twitter

ajg

just did that Jay, imported the backup and run the converter.  the error was

Unknown column 'mem.im_email_notify' in 'field list'

how do i edit this line based on endurics post?

$from_prefix = eval('return "' . $convert_data['from_prefix'] . '";');

JayBachatero

That's a different issue.  What version of YaBB SE do you have?
Follow me on Twitter

ajg

no idea, i'm assuming it's 1.5.5  :D  i've got my backup database from Boardnation, a remote forum hosting, now owned by endurics.   and from his post here, he said he managed to convert a backup of yabbse to smf.  the instructions he emailed me was

"I had to edit convert.php and put in the source database name.  So, just open up convert.php and edit the line that says "source" or "from" with  your database name."  which is basically what he posted here.  but i don't know what part of the convert.php to edit and what to put in that part of code.. 

help please  :(

JayBachatero

If the backup is not too big send me an email with it and I'll take a look into it.
Follow me on Twitter

ajg

it's 3MB.  is it ok?  pls pm me your email add.. 

Thanks again, Jay

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

ajg

database sent, it's actually a 3Mb archived.. 

JayBachatero

Ok just looked at the backup and the column is there in the backup.  Check in phpMyAdmin if you see the im_email_notify column is there.
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: