News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

importing phpbb database (board is gone but still have database)

Started by coffee, January 15, 2007, 08:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

i had to take down my old phpbb board due to massive spam attacks.
before i did that i tried doing a conversion using the phpbb2-smf converter but no matter what i tried it wouldn't work. possibly because i had a really old version of phpbb (i couldn't even find an upgrade from that version to phpbb2. i even tried doing a new install on phpbb2 and uploaded all my data from the old phpbb board but that didn't work at all)

i downloaded all the data from the old board to my computer and still have the database from the old board on my server. i have the new smf board up and running (with a new database).

how can i get the old info from my old phpbb database into the new smf database?

i've tried really hard to do this but no luck. i hope somebody can help me *sigh*

thanks in advance,
coffee

redone

Have you attempted the conversion yet? Which version of phpBB are you attempting to convert from?

It might be wise to upgrade your old board prior to attempting to convert using the tools here. Or at least to a version of phpBB that is supported by the current convertor.

coffee

thanks for responding redone.
i already tried doing a conversion using the phpbb2-smf converter but got errors probably because i had an old version of phpbb1 (there was no converter for the old version of phpbb i had. i couldn't find an upgrade at the phpbb site to get my version to phpbb2. i even tried doing a completely new install of phpbb2 and then uploading all my old phpbb data but that didn't work either.

is there any way to import the mysql database into simple machines forum?

JayBachatero

Try searching in phpbb's website for a way to ugprade to phpBB 2 and convert from there.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: