" at the end of PM email notification

Started by dbrown, January 08, 2007, 04:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbrown

I noticed that starting some time ago, at the end of the PM email notification, there is a trailing "

For example:

It used to end like this:
Reply to this Personal Message here:  http://www.site.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=115&action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=2779;quote;u=4

Now it ends like:
Reply to this Personal Message here:  http://www.site.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=115&action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=2779;quote;u=4"

The link works find, since the " is not part of the URL, but I'm just wondering how to get rid of it.

Thanks
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

Orstio

Yeah, it's a small side effect of dealing with SEF URLs in the email output string.

I'll see what I can do to eliminate it.

dbrown

I see. Like I said, it's not a huge thing, it's just one of those "why is that there" type things :)

Being a perfectionist, I would like to eliminate it if it's not too difficult.

Thanks!
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

dbrown

OK, it wouldn't be a normal day if I didn't bug you about something ;)

Any chance you've been able to find out what outputs that dang trailing " ?

dbrown

I should also mention that I have SEF turned off, if that means anything.

Orstio

Yes, I've known all along what outputs that.

dbrown

I digress. What can I do to eliminate it, if anything?

Orstio

Add this right before the return true; in integrate_outgoing_email() in smf.php:

$message = substr($message, 0, -1);

dbrown

Advertisement: