Creating a Mod Package

Started by Senkusha, July 20, 2004, 05:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Since I can't seem to find any instructions (it doesn't mean there aren't any--I just haven't found any)...

1)  How would I go about creating a package for my upcoming RPG mod? 

2)  Is there a special script I need to write to modify already exisiting *.template.php files?

3)  How should I go about advertising my newly created MOD / (package)?

Thanks!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Tomer

Well Hector made that Say Somthing Mod, which is a good guide as you can open it and look at the code, but the link is broken now, gotta wait untill he fixes it. :D

Senkusha

Wow!  I didn't realize modding has become so complex!  It looks like I'm going to have to start from the ground up and redo most of my display / function coding.
(i.e.) If I want to display my RPG stats in the profile, I'm now going to have to add major chunks of code to the profile.php and profile.template.php instead of minimizing the amount fo code added to those files and just calling RPG.php.  Hmm, this could be tricker than I had planned for...I guess I'm back to the drawing board again.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Senkusha

Well, I'm glad I had to go back and start over.  This new templating system is great!  It's a lot easier than it sounds at first.  At this rate I should be ready to beta test within a couple of months!

Is that link fixed, btw?  Thanks!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

ugotnext

Did you find  the demo SaySomwthing package?  If so Where.

TIA

Advertisement: