News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] e107 - 0.7.7

Started by JayBachatero, January 10, 2007, 01:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unilein

Hello,

ich want to convert my e107-installation (version 0.7.25) to smf (version 1.1.13). For the conversion i use the convert.php-script with the e107_to_smf.sql-script.
It doesn't work! I allways get the following error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_german1_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='.
I don't know why, because my mysql-server is UTF8 and the Databases are all UTF8.

Do you have any ideas for me?

Greetz
Uni

Unilein

Ok, i solved the problem. :-)

general_z

Anyone got an idea on how to import everything when e107 isn't already on the host but just a fresh SMF-install? Why doesn't the converter just allow one to upload the SQL from e107?

The reason i'm asking is because change of host and e107 isn't installed on that new host of course.

Norv

Sorry for the delay, general_z. You can still convert if you simply make a database on the new host, and import the .sql file in it. Then all the converter needs is to know where to find it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

ice5192

I am lost ?

i am getting this error.

Converting...

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/tgclan/public_html/tgclan.com/hq/convert.php on line 972

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tgclan/public_html/tgclan.com/hq/convert.php on line 975

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /home/tgclan/public_html/tgclan.com/hq/convert.php on line 987
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/tgclan/public_html/tgclan.com/hq/convert.php on line 2494

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/tgclan/public_html/tgclan.com/hq/convert.php on line 2495

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /home/tgclan/public_html/tgclan.com/hq/convert.php on line 1386

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/tgclan/public_html/tgclan.com/hq/convert.php on line 1386

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_b49e073861772b89079a9f62b41f3d24, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
C++ Programmer  Net Architecture, Vista/Xp Certified. Active Duty Army Enlisted E-4

ice5192

C++ Programmer  Net Architecture, Vista/Xp Certified. Active Duty Army Enlisted E-4

ice5192

i am getting this error now.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of e107 ver.0.7.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'tgclan_smf223'@'localhost' for table 'e107_user'

password and username are right user has full permission

ice5192

I am very displeased with the help here can any body please help me out ?

ABCDiamond

A couple of quick questions:

I am converting e107 0.7.25 to SMF 2

Will this be different to the e107 0.7.7 that this post is discussing ?

I am getting this error message, when converting:

Converting ranks...Converting groups... Successful.
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Floating point number expected. (time_offset)

Any simple fixes for this ?

Thanks

ABCDiamond

Quote from: ice5192 on June 21, 2011, 05:49:00 AM
i am getting this error now.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of e107 ver.0.7.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'tgclan_smf223'@'localhost' for table 'e107_user'

password and username are right user has full permission

I had the same error:
QuoteThe error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user '-mysite-_smp2'@'localhost' for table 'user'

I fixed it by:

In CPanel I went to: MySQL Databases.  My plan was to create a new user in e107 with the SMF user details.

I didn't actually create a new user, I just allocated the existing smf user to the e107 database, and visa versa, using the Add User To Database section.

Remembering to tick: Allowing ALL Privileges.

That worked for me.

I still have a problem as my earlier post, re the (time_offset).

railto

Im looking to import from e107 0.725 to SMF 2, tried to download the converter.php file on the front page but it just re-directs to the main forum page, can anyone help please

ABCDiamond

Quote from: railto on July 20, 2011, 04:36:36 PM
Im looking to import from e107 0.725 to SMF 2, tried to download the converter.php file on the front page but it just re-directs to the main forum page, can anyone help please
This is the location of the converter:  http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=e

Toddie

Hallo Community,
thank you for the converter and for spending time to resolve our problems.
i try to migrate from e107 0.7.26 to smf, but i have problems at converting-run:
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Floating point number expected. (time_offset)

Is anyone here with a tip for me ???

Thank you in advance  :)

jack_wade

Quote from: Toddie on November 27, 2011, 01:01:31 AM
Hallo Community,
thank you for the converter and for spending time to resolve our problems.
i try to migrate from e107 0.7.26 to smf, but i have problems at converting-run:

Is anyone here with a tip for me ???

Thank you in advance  :)

I'm experiencing the same problem, any help?

robeitor

Hi,

i´m having problems whit the Converter

Use the ver.0.7.7 converter

I try to enable all Extended User Fields...... but dont work.

The message is:

Converting...
Converting members...
Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT
u.user_id AS id_member, SUBSTRING(u.user_loginname, 1, 80) AS member_name,
u.user_join AS date_registered, u.user_forums AS posts,
(CASE WHEN u.user_admin = 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS id_group, u.user_lastvisit AS last_login,
SUBSTRING(u.user_name, 1, 255) AS real_name,
SUBSTRING(u.user_password, 1, 64) AS passwd,
SUBSTRING(u.user_email, 1, 255) AS email_address, 0 AS gender,
ue.user_birthday AS birthdate,
SUBSTRING(REPLACE(ue.user_homepage, 'http://', ''), 1, 255) AS website_title,
SUBSTRING(ue.user_homepage, 1, 255) AS website_url,
SUBSTRING(ue.user_location, 1, 255) AS location,
SUBSTRING(ue.user_icq, 1, 255) AS icq,
SUBSTRING(ue.user_aim, 1, 16) AS aim,
SUBSTRING(ue.user_msn, 1, 255) AS msn, u.user_hideemail AS hide_email,
SUBSTRING(u.user_signature, 1, 65534) AS signature,
CASE
WHEN SUBSTRING(u.user_timezone, 1, 1) = '+'
THEN SUBSTRING(u.user_timezone, 2)
ELSE u.user_timezone
END AS time_offset,
SUBSTRING(u.user_image, 1, 255) AS avatar,
SUBSTRING(u.user_customtitle, 1, 255) AS usertitle,
SUBSTRING(u.user_ip, 1, 255) AS member_ip,
SUBSTRING(u.user_ip, 1, 255) AS member_ip2, '' AS lngfile, '' AS buddy_list,
'' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels, '' AS personal_text, '' AS yim,
'' AS time_format, '' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer, '' AS password_salt,
'' AS validation_code, '' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set
FROM `trailadmin_cta`.e107_user AS u
LEFT JOIN `trailadmin_cta`.e107_user_extended AS ue ON (ue.user_extended_id = u.user_id)
WHERE u.user_id != 0
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'ue.user_birthday' in 'field list'

Oldiesmann

That means there's no column named "user_birthday" in the "user_extended" table. What version of e107 are you using?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

robeitor

Is a old version:
0.7.25, build zero

mentalist

Extended user Fields are managed via the Admin->Users->Extended User Fields pages in e107.. please turn them on and try it again.
http://wiki.e107.org/index.php?title=Using_e107:Users:Extended_Fields

LiroyvH

Quote from: ThorstenE on December 05, 2008, 01:24:31 AM
ok, edit the e107_to_smf.sql with a text editor and find:
ue.user_birthday AS birthdate,
replace it with
'' AS birthdate,
then try again..
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

mentalist

I'm affraid but that won't work, it's not just birthdate which is a custom field ... It's all from e107_user_extended.

Advertisement: