RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabiolas

Quote from: KuT on April 05, 2012, 08:58:39 PM
Actually to be honest with you.. I don't know which ones to choose.  Can you show me which ones to use, just show it will show the whole post.

Please view this tutorial: http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/blogging/157390-yahoo-pipe-tutorial-convert-rss-summary-rss-full-feed.html

RednecK1

After I made my pipe and put in the url the poster won't post anything :(

Fabiolas

Quote from: KuT on April 08, 2012, 12:14:24 AM
After I made my pipe and put in the url the poster won't post anything :(

Can you share your pipe url?

toddwhitehead

Quote from: djkimmel on January 29, 2012, 03:48:51 PM
I have 10 items in my feed lists I'm retrieving. I have the mod set to get 10 items. It never grabs the very first item in the feed.

If all 10 items are new, it will create 9 new posts on  my forum and not include the very first, newest item from the feed. I've tried it with several feeds and no matter how many items I set it to grab, it does not create a post from the very first item in the feed. I've tried it against a B2evo feed and a Wordpress feed. I used a several completely new feeds to test. I tried setting it to grab 14 items from a 10 item feed and it still only grabbed 9 not creating a post with the first feed item.

Experiencing this exact symptom. Running 1.1.16. Had previously upgraded from an older version of Feed Poster. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Todd

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Fabiolas

Quote from: RednecK1 on April 08, 2012, 05:42:09 PM
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=b7625cff6a7fb4bf1e3cdd5c15e2f7a7&_render=rss

If you look at your pipe url you only see titles and not description. So, if you have one feed without content this mod can't know what is the content :)

So, go to your pipe what try this:

Cut content from: <div class="story_body"> to: <div class="authorByline authorBylineLarge">

Quote from: toddwhitehead on April 09, 2012, 12:56:41 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on January 29, 2012, 03:48:51 PM
I have 10 items in my feed lists I'm retrieving. I have the mod set to get 10 items. It never grabs the very first item in the feed.

If all 10 items are new, it will create 9 new posts on  my forum and not include the very first, newest item from the feed. I've tried it with several feeds and no matter how many items I set it to grab, it does not create a post from the very first item in the feed. I've tried it against a B2evo feed and a Wordpress feed. I used a several completely new feeds to test. I tried setting it to grab 14 items from a 10 item feed and it still only grabbed 9 not creating a post with the first feed item.

Experiencing this exact symptom. Running 1.1.16. Had previously upgraded from an older version of Feed Poster. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Todd

Did you experience this all the time in any version you tried?

Fabiolas

How to fix: Update number of posts in users profile

Find in ./Sources/Subs-RSS2.php 'update_post_count' => $updatePostCount ,

Replace with: 'update_post_count' => 1 ,

THE BRA1N

Quote from: Fabiolas on April 14, 2012, 11:32:22 AM
How to fix: Update number of posts in users profile

Find in ./Sources/Subs-RSS2.php 'update_post_count' => $updatePostCount ,

Replace with: 'update_post_count' => 1 ,

Tried that along with recounting the forum stats but not working for me. Feed poster still at 0 posts.

Fabiolas

Quote from: THE BRA1N on April 14, 2012, 07:49:13 PMTried that along with recounting the forum stats but not working for me. Feed poster still at 0 posts.

It will only work for new posts ;)

THE BRA1N

Quote from: Fabiolas on April 15, 2012, 06:24:03 AM
Quote from: THE BRA1N on April 14, 2012, 07:49:13 PMTried that along with recounting the forum stats but not working for me. Feed poster still at 0 posts.

It will only work for new posts ;)

Yep, it sure does! Thanks for that.

Drover

Anyone found a way to stop the duplicate posts yet?  This is a great mod except that all the duplicate posts make is pretty much unusable. :(

vbgamer45

It has duplicate post check built in based on the title and description does an md5 check as long as those don't change...
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Drover

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 18, 2012, 02:33:51 PM
It has duplicate post check built in based on the title and description does an md5 check as long as those don't change...

I know you said this, but it doesn't work. I still get dupes...exact dupes.  And reading through this thread it seems other people do too.

Drover

Quote from: Fabiolas on April 05, 2012, 08:07:25 PM
How to prevent this mod from post duplicate content

This mod was design to generate an hash from title+description. But i figured-out that many rss feeds had gone crazy and my RSS Feed Poster started to create new posts without content or with minimum changes and under the same title. This is really not what we want when we are using pretty urls for example. And Google don't like duplicated content.

So, this change will generate an hash code just from title. So, it won't post duplicated titles again :)

Find(./Sources/Subs-RSS2.php):$itemhash = md5($context['feeditems'][$i]['title'] . $context['feeditems'][$i]['description']);

Replace with:$itemhash = md5($context['feeditems'][$i]['title']);

That made it worse. :(

Fabiolas

Quote from: Drover on April 18, 2012, 03:19:16 PMThat made it worse. :(

Delete all posts and do this modification. After, please try again. It works here.

chuck23322

This thing is FABULOUS!   Huge props.   Running SMF 2.0.2

I've got two questions though...   am testing it in my "test" forum copy....

1) I'd like all of the new RSS posts *NOT* to be marked "new".   How do I do that?   I mean, when people click the "Show unread posts since last visit" -- I want them to see only the "Human" posts -- not the new RSS posts that have arrived.

2) I'd like the new RSS posts *NOT* to show up "Recent Posts" list -- again, only "human" posts should show up there.

In other words,  I have all the RSS feeds into their own "Category" and each RSS into their own "Board"  -- nothing in that category or in those boards should ever be "new" or ever be in the "Recent Posts" summary on the "Home" Page

Any suggestions....  is that a tick box somewhere I'm missing --- or is that available as another mod :)

Fabiolas

I have some problems with "à" characters.

It posts "� " instead of "à".

chuck23322

Quote from: Fabiolas on April 21, 2012, 08:44:08 AM

What SMF version are you running?  Is your MYSQL databases set for UTF-8?  Is your SMF also set for UTF-8 character set?

Fabiolas

Quote from: chuck23322 on April 21, 2012, 08:45:58 AM
Quote from: Fabiolas on April 21, 2012, 08:44:08 AM

What SMF version are you running?  Is your MYSQL databases set for UTF-8?  Is your SMF also set for UTF-8 character set?

Yes, everything is set for UTF-8 and i only have  problems with that character.

Advertisement: