RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heg0b00

Ke , i adore you ;)

It worked.

nwobhm

This may have been discussed here before, but I still like to ask one queston or two.
I installed manually this RSS feed poster and it seemed to go well :).
When I enabled rss feed poster, first feed came thru nicely and made a topic of it. But after that it hasn't brought any new news to my forum :(

What could be wrong?

nwobhm

Quote from: nwobhm on August 29, 2008, 04:07:45 AM
This may have been discussed here before, but I still like to ask one queston or two.
I installed manually this RSS feed poster and it seemed to go well :).
When I enabled rss feed poster, first feed came thru nicely and made a topic of it. But after that it hasn't brought any new news to my forum :(

What could be wrong?
It does bring up the feed, but I have to manually refresh or something like that inoder to get news feed. It doesn't post automaticly.

Johno69

have you set up the cron?

if not rad back through this thread, its been covered well.

nwobhm

Quote from: Johno69 on August 29, 2008, 09:51:43 AM
have you set up the cron?

if not rad back through this thread, its been covered well.
I think I have set it up, but I have to enter the cron.php to url and hit enter and then it will update the feed. So there must be something wrong since it doesn't update automaticly.

pibe86

hello, i have installed this mod and i have no problems, but i cofigure my RSS Feed Poster, i make a cron it still is not working, i open cronrss.php and it says "Feed Poster configuration"

what can  i do?

i use
smf 1.1.5
tiny portal 0.9.8
and my forum is http://www.encuentrofutbol.com

thanks

comesee

Please when ever i install  I get an error . see error below.  copy of the cron file

Incorrect information in file: '.\smf_feedbot.frm'
File: J:\www\Sources\FeedPoster.php..

any help   , can some please attach a copy of fake cron. 

Can I manuelly create the table.??

vbgamer45

Yes you can create the table and that might fix it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

comesee

it did not fix it. what else. please help. Please make a copy and attch and i would download it.

djeyli

Hi there

I am using this plugin to retrieve video feeds from youtube and adding them into my forum.
The problem is that the resulting posts contain unparsed html.
You can see it live at hxxp:levelbeyond.com/forum [nonactive] Look at the 'Multimedia' board at the bottom.

Is there anyway I can get this to display properly?

Thanks

heg0b00

After installing the feed and everything working fine , i encounter the following problem with "editing" or "deleting" feeds from the feed poster configuration screen :

When i click on editing a feed the url =
http://www.mysite.com/forum/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=editfeed;id=1

And my webbrowser gives the following error :

The website is unable to display the webpage
HTTP 501/HTTP 505 
   What you can try:
     Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I am not sure what the problem is, except that it wont let me. My host did recently upgrade from php 4 to php 5 though.
Reinstalling the package doesnt seem to fix the problem.

grevan

Hello to all!
I was looking for a RSS Mod but im not sure if this one will do what i want.
I´m confused because of the add feed option, it asks for feed titles, poster name....
i thought a RSS feed would do everything automatically, every new thread or message posted would be "created" and "sent" by the feed, like any rss feed i know. Can someone explain it to me? If you understood my question. :D
Thanks a lot.

vbgamer45

Not it is for posting content from  existing rss feeds from another websites
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

grevan

Thanks vbgamer45.
Is there any rss mod that does what i want? Or is there any already integrated in SMF?

grevan

I found it, "RSS Feed Icon for boards".
Already implemented and working.
Thanks.

jepot5

Quote from: jepot5 on August 23, 2008, 12:58:33 AM
I get XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 10 and I don't know why. Can u help me.

comesee

I was able to get it working but when I finish server (apacha)  crash when when i put in the url rss.. why..

comesee

no i have finished install.  but no post came up. i have been wating for 3 hours,

vbgamer45

You need to enable a cron job on your webhost or enable fake cron mode.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

comesee

How do i do that. I am hosting on apache.. i look at cron fsockopen is on..

Advertisement: