RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

No idea would need to see the feed/database entries.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

DWillis

Ok, what information do you need?  A screenshot of the creation in SMF and the DB dump of the feed tables?

godsdead

If i o directly to cronrss.php it updates my forums, but it wont work with either ron via cpanel or the fake cron!

help?
Anti Chav [nofollow]

DWillis

Then your cron isn't set up properly in cpanel.  Chances are your paths to your site are not correct.  Ask your host what your physical path to your web directory is and if they ask why tell them your cron settings require a full path.  Also verify the php path is correct with them.

Fabiolas

compatible with smf 3.0 beta version ?

bjraines

Do you have any ideas of why it won't process ebay affiliate feeds. I use something similar with drupal nodeapi and it will make a new node out of each ebay listing. It seems to fail with feed poster. I would like to use it this way with a car site I have

vbgamer45

Quote from: bjraines on May 02, 2008, 05:25:55 PM
Do you have any ideas of why it won't process ebay affiliate feeds. I use something similar with drupal nodeapi and it will make a new node out of each ebay listing. It seems to fail with feed poster. I would like to use it this way with a car site I have
I would need to see the feed url.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

tek428

How can I get this mod to display the full feed instead of just a snippet of it?

vbgamer45

It should be displaying the full feed if not post a copy of the feed url and I will tell you what it gets.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DWillis

Quote from: tek428 on May 03, 2008, 07:37:45 AM
How can I get this mod to display the full feed instead of just a snippet of it?
This mod does display the full feed.  The key note about RSS feeds is they are aimed at encouraging people to click on it and visit the website where the source of the RSS feed is.  So they purposely only give you part of the article along with a link to it.  What your RSS feed displays is dependent on how much information the feed is providing you.  You cannot pull more information from the feed than what it offers.

For example, let's look at the CNN top stories RSS feed, found here: http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss.  When you look at this page you will see small sinpets of the articles along with text that says "Read story for full details."  This is a typical RSS feed.  It's just enough to give you the basics of the article and to entice you to click on the link and visit their website.

This is also a way of advertising your site and climbing up the ladder in search engines through the use of referral urls.

vbgamer45

Exactly thanks for the post DWillis this tends to be the case with most RSS feeds from major sites.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pakito

Hi all....I Have just uploaded RSS Poster files to my SMF board and when I start cronrss.php file it shows me this error:

Table 'pn_1761835_paki.smf_feedbot' doesn't exist
File: /home/vol3/phpnet.us/m/milanche90/htdocs/forum/Sources/Subs-RSS.php
Line: 161

What should I do to fix this?

vbgamer45

Quote from: pakito on May 04, 2008, 09:00:22 AM
Hi all....I Have just uploaded RSS Poster files to my SMF board and when I start cronrss.php file it shows me this error:

What should I do to fix this?
Uninstall and reinstal the tables were not created for the mod.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pakito

I didn't understand you - what to reinstall? Forum or RSS Poster?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pakito

Okey, I did it, but it wasn't successful.
I have done this:
-downloaded RSS Poster from here:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=624  ----> version hxxp:rssfeedposter1.1.zip [nonactive]

-uploaded some files (Not all) to my free host (phpnet.us)
cronrss.php -> root of the forum
Subs-RSS.php, FeedPoster.php -> Sources
FeedPoster.template.php ->  /Themes/default/
FeedPoster.english-utf8.php, FeedPoster.english.php  -> /Themes/default/languages/

I did NOT upload these files because I didn't know where to put them:
FeedPostersql.php , package-info.xml , FeedPoster.xml

And after uploading files, i went to URL:
hxxp:www.pakito.iz.rs/forum/cronrss.php [nonactive]

and saw this message:

What's wrong?

vbgamer45

Upload FeedPostersql.php to your forum root and run that file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pakito

No, it didn't help...:(
hxxp:www.pakito.iz.rs/forum/feedpostersql.php [nonactive]

Could be my free host (phpnet.us) the reason for this not working RSS Poster?

JayTee

Hello, great mod, I just have one problem. When I try to edit the feeds it gives me a 406 Not Acceptable error An appropriate representation of the requested resource /smf/index.php could not be found on this server

Any ideas of what that would be?  I have the chronrss.php set to 755

vbgamer45

Issue with mod_security not liking ;id= in the url

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: