RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

I don't believe so. It is based on the subject/body uniquesness.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

KirkhamsEbooks

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 06, 2017, 08:30:19 AM
I don't believe so. It is based on the subject/body uniquesness.

Well,

These are all the same

#WorkFromHomeIdeas Legit Flex Job Academy
Started by Admin
0 Replies
53 Views   Last post May 04, 2017, 02:06:44 AM
by Admin

Started by Admin
0 Replies
38 Views   Last post May 03, 2017, 08:03:10 PM
by Admin

Started by Admin
0 Replies
40 Views   Last post May 03, 2017, 03:05:10 PM
by Admin

http://mustc.us/index.php/board,1.0.html

Any suggestions?

May I suggest my research indicated the <guid> tag is pretty standard for preventing duplicates. Would you please consider that in your next version?

If you have any suggestions in the meantime that would be great.

Rick

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Been using this mod for a very long time, and I've also installed a competitors rss poster before, I like this one better but man dude, wish you could figure out this duplicates issue or create a little maintenance section that will search for duplicates and remove them, it's pretty time consuming to get rid of them manually... on the up side, I love the way it translates graphics IF the originating site sets up their end correctly that is, for those that have trouble with translations from other sites you have to understand that if they set their end up poorly what you receive can be garbage, been doing rss a long time and a quality feed is hard to find on many sites whatever the source, if they even have it turned on at all, its sort of a dying aspect from the old days...

There's a great feed at a site that goes into the most active board at my site (also with the most number of duplicates, grin)... Glen Beck is a conservative journalist that I follow... do a google search on that name or "The Blaze"...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

cuongvttt

Hi guys,

It would be cool if this mod could retrieve full article and require approval of feeds before publicly viewable.

Gryzor

I think the mod posts the feed items under a user's profile. Just moderate that user?

vbgamer45

Full article it depends on the feed. It only posts what is in the feed
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

cuongvttt

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 26, 2017, 07:58:42 AM
Full article it depends on the feed. It only posts what is in the feed

Hi vngamer45,

I'm using SMF 2.0.14, and now i want to use this mod RSS Feeder but now it seems it's only compatible with: 2.0 RC4

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1590

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Firefox5050

Quote from: Leonora on February 02, 2011, 12:25:01 PM
So the problem is apostrophes in the feed apparently.  Anyone know how to either remove them or parse them differently.  I've tried adding

@line 290 subs-RSS.php

$msg_body = str_replace("'", "\'", $msg_body)

To try and replace the apostrophe but this doesn't work.  I've also tried jsut removing it with a set of empty quotes but I still get Hacking Attempt... when trying to post through the cron script.  Interestingly though if I post the text in the error log manually it goes through fine and creates the post.

The quick and simple way around this without actually fixing the problem is to use the the word censor filter to convert ‘ and ’ back into apostrophes.

delta5

Hi guys,
I am running 2.0.15 and I installed your RSS feed poster mod. It is working perfectly as far as i can see, but i am getting an error now.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member delta5
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 74.189.97.35   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 09:54:48 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 8c935fe1495fc52f6d6c17a74d2f5b5b
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttps://www.fedupwithliberals.com/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=addfeed2Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Resource ID#38 used as offset, casting to integer (38)Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/dlspl7k7drgr/public_html/Sources/Subs-RSS2.php
Line: 156

144:   }
145:   
146:   
147:   function startElement2($parser, $name, $attrs)
148:   {
149:      global $depth;
150:      @$depth[$parser]++;
151:   }
152:   
153:   function endElement2($parser, $name)
154:   {
155:      global $depth;
==>156:      $depth[$parser]--;
157:   }
158:   
159:   function UpdateRSSFeedBots()
160:   {
161:      global $smcFunc, $txt, $context, $sourcedir, $tag_attrs, $feedcount, $smcFunc, $maxitemcount, $insideitem, $tag, $modSettings;
162:   
163:   
164:      // Load the language files
165:      if (loadlanguage('FeedPoster') == false)
166:         loadLanguage('FeedPoster', 'english');
167:      
168:      // First get all the enabled bots
169:      $context['feeds'] = array();
170:      $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
171:            SELECT
172:               ID_FEED, ID_BOARD, feedurl, title, postername, updatetime, enabled, html,
173:               ID_MEMBER, locked, articlelink, topicprefix, numbertoimport, importevery,
174:               msgicon, footer, id_topic 
175:         

I hope this is nothing serious, as this is a VERY cool mod..

The forum site is www.fedupwithliberals.com

-Rock Lee-

It is very interesting mod although I saw 2 problems: first that at the moment select the user that wants to show the published does not post the created topics to that user (previously created) I do not know if it is an error or is done that way. And the second is in the log of errors I get every so often

fsockopen(): unable to connect to :80 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)

What I understand is something blocked from my hosting service, can it be? in any case the affected line is

$fp = fsockopen($url_array['host'], 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);

Finally it is rare for 2.0 RC4 will not present any other update being a pretty good mod in the idea.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

vbgamer45

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttps://www.fedupwithliberals.com/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=addfeed2Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Resource ID#38 used as offset,
That shouldn't affect anything just a warning message.

fsockopen(): unable to connect to :80 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known)

Yes either invalid domain or issue with host blocking lookup of website domain

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

delta5

This mod works great! To see it in action, go to one of the news headline boards on www.fedupwithliberals.com. The mod is called "Petebot". Every 6 hrs it grabs a new headline and posts it as a regular poster would. Members can comment to it like a normal OP.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

maggymaesmith

I have been using RSS Feed Poster on one website successfully for a while.

I decided to add it to another website and it only works when updated manually.

Cron is set.
Also tried Fake Cron.
Also added a mod to reload the page that didn't help.
I tried every download method.
As noted it works when I fetch manually.
No errors.

I tried to read through all of the messages on this thread but haven't found an answer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

maggymaesmith

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 16, 2018, 05:31:54 PM
What is the feed url?

Thanks for the response!

There are several different  feeds.
Here is one  http://blog.cleveland.com/realtimenews/atom.xml [nofollow]

They post but only after I run manually.

maggymaesmith

I think I've figured it out... maintenance - scheduled tasks - update bots wasn't enabled
Although I'm confused... the bot update is now scheduled and the feeds are scheduled.  What are the best entries so that there are no conflicts?

vbgamer45

Either the task in SMF or the cron job has to be setup. But do not do both.
So pick either option

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

delta5

Hi guys.

Im getting an error from the rss mod.

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member delta5
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 192.88.135.15   
   Reverse chronological order of list Today at 10:06:43 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session e4e453b2cad1bf7c0e32f23571545f1a
Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URLhttps://www.fedupwithliberals.com/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=addfeed2Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Resource ID#30 used as offset, casting to integer (30)Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/s7x1c79cv7ls/public_html/Sources/Subs-RSS2.php
Line: 156

144:   }
145:   
146:   
147:   function startElement2($parser, $name, $attrs)
148:   {
149:      global $depth;
150:      @$depth[$parser]++;
151:   }
152:   
153:   function endElement2($parser, $name)
154:   {
155:      global $depth;
==>156:      $depth[$parser]--;
157:   }
158:   
159:   function UpdateRSSFeedBots()
160:   {
161:      global $smcFunc, $txt, $context, $sourcedir, $tag_attrs, $feedcount, $smcFunc, $maxitemcount, $insideitem, $tag, $modSettings;
162:   
163:   
164:      // Load the language files
165:      if (loadlanguage('FeedPoster') == false)
166:         loadLanguage('FeedPoster', 'english');
167:      
168:      // First get all the enabled bots
169:      $context['feeds'] = array();
170:      $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "
171:            SELECT
172:               ID_FEED, ID_BOARD, feedurl, title, postername, updatetime, enabled, html,
173:               ID_MEMBER, locked, articlelink, topicprefix, numbertoimport, importevery,
174:               msgicon, footer, id_topic 
175:   

Any ideas?  The mod seems to be working normally.

Thanks

Advertisement: