RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

All the time or just when adding a feed?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

delta5

It keeps coming back it seems

delta5

Is what i posted helping any?

vbgamer45

That mainly looks like it appears when adding a new feed url.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

delta5

i will clear the log and force the feeds to update.

delta5

ok cleared log and forced it to update. so far nothing in the log yet.

delta5

If it comes back again, i will post the error info.
The site is www.fedupwithliberals.com

delta5

so far, still working perfectly.

vbgamer45

Yeah it looks like only on add feed and it depends on the feed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

delta5

Ok I will keep running it and keep you advised.

Alfredve

Hi. Is it possible to change the links of the feed? I would like to turn the links into affiliate links bij adding a code.

So when the link in the feed goes to hxxp:www.google.com [nonactive] i would like to make it hxxp:www.google.com/affiliateid=1 [nonactive]

vbgamer45

Not at the moment. You could do with a word censor in SMF or build something that checks SMF's output.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
+Https images now supported with the embed images option
+Added support for https feeds when using the fsockopen method
+Curl support improved for https feeds
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

niraj

Hi, I have installed it on smf 2.0.15 . It's posting in the board but the source URL is not correct. The URL used is "http://" in all the feeds. I'm using fake cron job option. What is the difference between fake cron job and cron job. How to make it link back correctly to the source. Also is there an option to attach image as well from the feed.Also I see the post count of feed poster bot is not increasing.I have created a member specially for the feed posting.

vbgamer45

The source url is from the feed itself. Use real cron jobs when you can those always run. Fake cron jobs only run when you have people visiting your site.

Yes the rss feed poster has an option to embed images.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

niraj

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 14, 2018, 11:13:31 AM
The source url is from the feed itself. Use real cron jobs when you can those always run. Fake cron jobs only run when you have people visiting your site.

Yes the rss feed poster has an option to embed images.

I tried using real cron job but still backlink URL to source is not correct.Also post count of Feed poster is not increasing.I checked source feed location and it's working correct  but the RSS feed poster is not importing feeds correctly.Please help.

vbgamer45

The source is found the feed url itself check the feed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

burro

Hi,

I've used RSS Feed Poster in the distant past. Trying to use it now (SMF 2.0.15; PHP 7.0) -- but almost always get this error when trying to set up a new feed:

"XML error: XML_ERR_NAME_REQUIRED at line 1"

All fields are completed, when I see this... no special characters... known working rss feeds (Vienna)...

Any thoughts?

vbgamer45

The xml feed is not well formed. The system expects a perfect xml feed with no errors.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: burro on November 19, 2018, 01:59:50 AM
Hi,

I've used RSS Feed Poster in the distant past. Trying to use it now (SMF 2.0.15; PHP 7.0) -- but almost always get this error when trying to set up a new feed:

"XML error: XML_ERR_NAME_REQUIRED at line 1"

All fields are completed, when I see this... no special characters... known working rss feeds (Vienna)...

Any thoughts?

Yep, been using this app for years, get use to it, locating quality feeds these days is a challenge, every site I visit I am constantly checking to see if rss is even available, when it is and the subject/theme might strike my audiences' fancy, I definitely check the quality of the feed, you will find out quickly that many webmasters have forgotten the true concept of social networking and are so freaked by the world's paranoia of privacy issues they don't bother enabling it...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: