News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2007, 10:01:17 PM
Did you setup a cron job and point it to http://www.yourforum.com/cronrss.php

Or use the fake cron job option on the settings page of the Feed Poster

I did. I think is working now.  Thanx!

vbgamer45

Quote from: BlueDevil on January 11, 2007, 10:06:58 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2007, 10:01:17 PM
Did you setup a cron job and point it to http://www.yourforum.com/cronrss.php

Or use the fake cron job option on the settings page of the Feed Poster

I did. I think is working now.  Thanx!
I noticed you had one blank post. I think I uploaded a fix to prevent that from happening so use that version now.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Xarcell

I'm sooo glad someone finally turned this into a mod. It works well.

2 errors in my log though when I try to add a feed.

http://xarchology.com/smf/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=addfeed2  
8: Undefined index: query
File: /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/xarchology.com/smf/Sources/Subs-RSS.php
Line: 32

and

http://xarchology.com/smf/index.php?action=feedsadmin;sa=addfeed2  
8: Undefined offset: 1
File: /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/xarchology.com/smf/Sources/Subs-RSS.php
Line: 48

I also want to make a suggestion. Any chance you can add the option to allow the selection of the post icon per feed?

I also have a question. Does using the fake cron create a blank/empty post? Because I got one, but i really don't know what caused it.

Anyways, thanks vbgamer45. You make some of the best mod's.

EDIT: I see you fixed the blank post thingy already. thanks!

Mick.

One question tho'....  every time it updates and posts,does that count as a forum post?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Xarcell

It seems that it does. Any chance you can turn it off, or give us the option to disable post count for feeds.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Xarcell on January 11, 2007, 10:19:26 PM
It seems that it does. Any chance you can turn it off, or give us the option to disable post count for feeds.
I can arrange that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mick.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2007, 10:18:47 PM
Yes it does.

Wow. Im going to have 100,000 posts in a week. Hehehehhe....

i reloaded the mod. Im waiting for it to refresh and see if it'll post another dead link.

vbgamer45

Min time to refresh is 30 minutes.

I think already does not upgrade the post count if the user does not exist and is a guest.

'update_post_count' => (($feed['ID_MEMBER'] == 0) ? 0 : 1),

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DaBoROE09

what changes did you make can we just upload and override the current files with the new files or no?  i do not want to mess up my feeds going on

edit:

so i just say post as RSSBot and not create a host?  or how do i set it up so it does not increase the post count

vbgamer45

Quote from: DaBoROE09 on January 11, 2007, 10:29:11 PM
what changes did you make can we just upload and override the current files with the new files or no?  i do not want to mess up my feeds going on
Unistall does not mess up feeds that are already installed. So you can reinstall safetly.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

DaBoROE09

again how do you set it up so the post count overall does not increase or do we just re download it.

Daniel Marquard

Any tips on how to enable fsockopen() in PHP?  'm my own host, and I can't seem to find anything in google.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Marlon on January 11, 2007, 11:19:19 PM
Any tips on how to enable fsockopen() in PHP?  'm my own host, and I can't seem to find anything in google.
Is it disabled? Usally hosts disable it via php.ini and set a list of functions to disable.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Compton

Ok I realize that this is a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway.  Could you please explain the purpose of this mod and also give me adriect link to a forum where it is installed and working.  Thank you very much.  :) 

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2007, 11:20:32 PM
Is it disabled? Usally hosts disable it via php.ini and set a list of functions to disable.

So it's enabled by default?

DaBoROE09

no u have to go in and enable the feed when you edit it.

Xarcell

Quote from: Compton on January 12, 2007, 12:28:23 AM
Ok I realize that this is a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway.  Could you please explain the purpose of this mod and also give me adriect link to a forum where it is installed and working.  Thank you very much.  :) 

Basically, it turns rss/xml news feeds into new topics on your forum. A new topic for each news item.

It makes it looks like someone posted a new topic. It also makes your site look alot more active. The way vbgamer45 set it up, it can even make it looks like your posting all the news about other things.

Xarcell

Quote from: Marlon on January 12, 2007, 12:36:02 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2007, 11:20:32 PM

So it's enabled by default?

Some hosts disable it by default. You can enable it in your php.ini file within your php installation. In most cases, only your host has access to your php installation. So you will have to ask them.

DaBoROE09

Quote from: Xarcell on January 12, 2007, 09:21:58 AM
It makes it looks like someone posted a new topic. It also makes your site look alot more active. The way vbgamer45 set it up, it can even make it looks like your posting all the news about other things.

what do you mean news about other things?  Do you mean other things other than what your forum is driven at?

Edited
How do i shut the posting counts for the mod off

Thank you

Advertisement: