News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB - 2.0.19+

Started by JayBachatero, January 13, 2007, 02:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Software: phpBB
Version: 2.0.19 and up

This is the official support topic for phpBB converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.  I merged all the changes that were floating around.  Lets use this topic to get a final working version.

Changelog
! Convert smileys. (phpbb2_to_smf.sql)
! When converting attachments cast width and height as a string. (phpbb2_to_smf.sql)
! Merged all the small changes floating around into one file. (phpbb2_to_smf.sql)
! When converting attachments set the width and height for images (phpbb2_to_smf.sql)
! Bug in signature conversion. (phpbb2_to_smf.sql)

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

stuie

The attachment in this post is the convert.php so is the .sql file somewhere else?

JayBachatero

Silly me.  Fixed that.  Correct attachment is up now.
Follow me on Twitter

prodigal

stuie

The attachments were transferred OK. :)
One small bug though...the Stickies were transferred but the Announcements were not transferred. So all the Announcements are missing in SMF. I don't really mind because I can re-write them, but you might want to check the code and see if you can find something obvious that wrong.

prodigal

Every thing worked fine for me except for the custom titles being pulled over as member groups and 'phpbb' being pre-fixed to all member groups names.

JayBachatero

The phpBB prefix for the membergroups is a converter setting.  Not sure why it's done like that.  I'll check and see what's going on.
Follow me on Twitter

madru

I run a phpBB2 2.0.21 forum with UTF-8 charset and utf8-general collation database. On the forum there are posts both in greek and english. I used the converter which worked flawlesly but the greek posts are not displayed correctly anymore. I used the utf-8 support in the smf setup, I tried the html->utf-8 from the admin panel but no progress. When I post a new greek topic in the forum the characters are displayed correctly (obviously the forum is UTF-8 compatible). Does the converter support UTF-8? Any working solution or idea? Thnx in advance.

P.S. Same problem: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=133813.0  I followed your advise. Didn't work.

JayBachatero

Madru I'll see what I can do about the UTF-8 stuff.  I thought converting the database before hand would help but I guess not.
Follow me on Twitter

madru

Thnx for your efforts. I really appreciate

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

margarett

Quote from: stuie on January 14, 2007, 06:40:43 AM
One small bug though...the Stickies were transferred but the Announcements were not transferred. So all the Announcements are missing in SMF.
I think that there are no "announcements" in core SMF. In my conversion I also lost all announcements, but I never saw an option to create them.

There is a "topic announcement" but what is does is to send a mail to the selected membergourps, with that topic "announced".
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

JayBachatero

Margarett is correct.  There is no global announcement feature in SMF.  There is mod for though.
Follow me on Twitter

prodigal

Just a note to anyone who has category hierarchy (subforums) mod by ptirhiik for phpbb installed.

This converter works fine .. but if anyone is in any additional groups (apart from Registered Users),  when the forum converts these user; privileges will be a bit askew and they may not be part of the 'Regular Users' Group.

There is probably an easier way to fix this then what I did which was to set everyones primary group ( apart from admins ) to regular users , and just used the additional groups to give them access to the restricted forums.

etdwh

I tried the converter from http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters but it had several issues.
-First character of signature missing
This seems to be solved by. I will try the converter from the first post.

-Individual ban controls from phpbb being imported as individual bans (instead of ban triggers)
It would be good if the ban controls could be imported by type with each entry being a new ban trigger under that type..
For example:

Ban Name: Banned Emails
Triggers
-*@spammer.com
-*@badsite.net
-*@xxx.org

Ban Name: Banned IP
Triggers
-111.222.333.4*
-111.222.567.*
-111.222.111.*
-111.222.444.7*

And so on..
I wonder how this works with the current converter.

-Announcements
I dont really need to convert announcements as announcements..but perhaps it can be stickied instead ?

JayBachatero

You need to use the converter here not on that page.  I haven't committed these changes to CVS.
Follow me on Twitter

madru

Any progress on the UTF-8 compatibility?
Cheers

trunx

Caused the error:
Duplicate entry '663' for key 1

whats wrong?

etdwh

Quote from: JayBachatero on January 26, 2007, 11:00:47 AM
You need to use the converter here not on that page.  I haven't committed these changes to CVS.

Tried it and it works :-)
Havnt checked how the ban controls were imported yet..

I did add 2 things to the SQL,
-add ordering to the smilies when imported (so it will be in the same order as it was in phpbb.
-convert announcements as sticky topics

Advertisement: