• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
September 18, 2021, 07:43:17 AM

News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!


[SMF Converter] phpBB - 2.0.19+

Started by JayBachatero, January 13, 2007, 02:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

You don't install it in package manager, it is NOT a MOD!

You shoud download "convert.php" and "phpbb2_to_smf.sql" files from THE FIRST TOPIC IN THIS THREAD, upload them both to your smf folder and rrun, from your browser:
http://www.yourdomain.com/smf/convert.php
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

orion2sirius

May 17, 2007, 07:08:54 AM #201 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:12:26 AM by orion2sirius
EDIT : Nevermind! Problem Resolved!! Please delete this post! Thanks!! ;)

lapiskacio

A dont think that anyone has problem like me. Here is the story. Someday, someone install phpbb2 forum on some host. Forum works for some time and that someone said - I dont want to be a part of that story and leave site ovners in trouble. They ask me to continue servicing their site and I accept.
First thing I do was installing SMF 1.1.2. I had my admin u/n and pass and forum works fine. Then I find that there is the way to convert phpbb2 to smf and I do that. Conversion pass with no troubles at all. But !!! After converting I was no longer adminn, and I even coluld not login. What now. HELP!

Damienov

same thing happen to me
but I manage to make myself admin by editing the database

- open phpmyadmin
- browse and search you Username in table smf_members
- edit the value of your username ID_GROUP table column from 0 to 1

raibz

I keep receiving the following error message :

The database password you entered was incorrect. Please make sure you are using the right password (for the SMF user!) and try it again. If in doubt, use the password from Settings.php in the SMF installation.

I have attempted to use both the admin password for my C-Panel login, as well as my admin password for SMF.

I have added the SMF user to the PHPbb MySQL database in the control panel. Still receiving the message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JayBachatero

Quote from: raibz on May 26, 2007, 11:32:43 PM
I keep receiving the following error message :

The database password you entered was incorrect. Please make sure you are using the right password (for the SMF user!) and try it again. If in doubt, use the password from Settings.php in the SMF installation.

I have attempted to use both the admin password for my C-Panel login, as well as my admin password for SMF.

I have added the SMF user to the PHPbb MySQL database in the control panel. Still receiving the message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Check the password in SMF's Settings.php file.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

waulok

Sweet! Worked a treat! Thank God no more phpBB!!

Just in case anyone is reading this. Don't go crazy like I did trying to find the attached .sql file on this topic if you haven't logged in... you will go INSAAAANE!!! LOL! :)

starsapphire04

I have converted my phpbb to SMF successfully, but is this
"MAJOR SECURITY RISK:
You have not removed convert.php!"

Does it mean I have to remove the convert.php in my FTP?

fshagan

Quote from: starsapphire04 on June 10, 2007, 10:14:42 AM
I have converted my phpbb to SMF successfully, but is this
"MAJOR SECURITY RISK:
You have not removed convert.php!"

Does it mean I have to remove the convert.php in my FTP?

Yes, you have to remove the "convert.php" file from your SMF forums directory; I think the converter has a check box to do so when it finishes, or you can log on via FTP and delete it from the server.

fshagan

June 11, 2007, 11:24:13 AM #209 Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 11:35:53 AM by fshagan
This is an excellent converter, so kudos to the author.  I do have a problem that seems to have been solved for everyone else a while back, regarding attachments.

I'm not getting any of the attachments to appear.  I've done the conversion 4 times, and even tried some of the "old code" found here on the third try (old code = bad idea).  The attachments are in the SMF "attachments" folder, but they do not appear on any of the posts that I can see.

Twice I got an error message:

Quote
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/mysite/public_html/forums/convert.php(671) : eval()'d code on line 75

Is this related to my phpBB doing some resizing depending on the original size? 

Any ideas?

fshagan

Quote from: fshagan on June 11, 2007, 11:24:13 AM
This is an excellent converter, so kudos to the author.  I do have a problem that seems to have been solved for everyone else a while back, regarding attachments.

I'm not getting any of the attachments to appear.  I've done the conversion 4 times, and even tried some of the "old code" found here on the third try (old code = bad idea).  The attachments are in the SMF "attachments" folder, but they do not appear on any of the posts that I can see.

Twice I got an error message:

Quote
Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/mysite/public_html/forums/convert.php(671) : eval()'d code on line 75

Is this related to my phpBB doing some resizing depending on the original size? 

Any ideas?

I found my problem by trying to enter a new message with photo attachment.  The converter appears to have copied over all of the attachments, but I had the setting too low in SMF in Admin > Attachments and Avatars > Max Attachment Folder Space.  Once I increased that to the 350MB I needed, they all showed up!

jellie

Worked like a charm! Not much works for me on the first try, but this was perfect. I am loving SMF! :)

J B M

Man I am really struggling with this conversion.  I got pretty far, but here is what I'm getting when I try to run the converter:

QuoteUnable to find the settings for phpBB2. Please double check the path and try again.


Before you continue
This converter assumes you have already installed SMF and that your installation is working properly. It copies posts and data from your "source" installation of phpBB2 into SMF, so it won't work without an installation of SMF. All or some of the data in your installation of SMF will be overwritten.
If the two softwares are installed in separate directories, the MySQL account SMF was installed using will need access to the other database. Either way, both must be installed on the same MySQL server.
Where are they?
The converter should only need to know where the two installations are, after which it should be able to handle everything for itself.

I ftp the php database backup into the same folder as the converter, so I really don't know what to do from here.  Can anyone help this newbie out...?

I would really appreciate it,
John

J B M

I've tried something else...I downloaded a fresh version of phpbb and I copied my backup db into a dummy config.php and put it into the same directory as my smf.  The converter did something, but after displaying tons of code on the screen, it came back with the following error:

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect table name 'users'

I have tried just about everything I can possibly think of, and I am running into a wall every step...can anyone help me...?

Thanks,
John


FX1962

Having a small problem with the process. The directories are correct, but I'm still receiving errors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

(Error)
Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'noname_smf1'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'




(From convert.php screen)

Path to SMF:/home/domain/public_html/directory/smfforum
Path to phpBB2:/home/domain/public_html/directory/forum
SMF database password:************

margarett

You need to allow the mysql user from SMF database to access PHPBB database also...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

FX1962

Quote from: margarett on June 20, 2007, 01:57:53 PM
You need to allow the mysql user from SMF database to access PHPBB database also...
I was just coming in to edit my post :)  I found the below in the support section and followed the instructions. I ran the convert and it seems to have worked. Everything is there so far. Thanks though :)

This is a topic for common errors that you might experience while converting to SMF.

Problem: SELECT command denied to user
Info: The cause of this error is that SMF and Software X are in separate databases and the SMF database user does not have access to Software X's database.
Fix: If your host has cPanel you can add the SMF database user to Software X's database.  If your host does not have cPanel what you can do is reinstall SMF in the same database as Software X.


fshagan

Quote from: J B M on June 16, 2007, 02:12:14 PM
I ftp the php database backup into the same folder as the converter, so I really don't know what to do from here.  Can anyone help this newbie out...?

I think the converter actually runs the phpBB application; in any case, I think it needs the full install of the phpBB forums to access to do the conversion.  I don't think you can point it to a database backup dump on your server and have it work.

BAHADA

June 27, 2007, 05:15:12 PM #218 Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 05:16:45 PM by BAHADA
I don´t know what am I doing wrong...

but every time this message appears any time I try.... chace the paths, put the DBB in this or that folder...

any way.. nothings runs

QuoteThe converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your phpBB2 to the public html folder of your site.


Some one. help me...  :(

jarhaa

July 01, 2007, 02:48:19 AM #219 Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:41:24 AM by jarhaa
I tried to dl convert.php but it says its size is 0 kb... not right...

Solved. I was using Firefox with Kerio firewall. Disabled firewall and got the other file. But not convert.php...

Used IE without Kerio did the trick. All fine now

Advertisement: