News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

A good blogs mod for SMF?

Started by douglerner, January 13, 2007, 10:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglerner

I did a search for "blog" in the mods area and found "Simple Blog", but it wouldn't install. I guess it isn't compatible with the current version of SMF?

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could recommend a blog feature that is compatible with SMF.

Thanks!

doug

Daniel Marquard

The mod author says that Simple Blog is supposed to be compatible with SMF 1.1.1.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=453

douglerner

Thanks for your response. Well.. I am new at this, so maybe I don't know the proper way to install it. What I did was:

(1) Uploaded the package file "Simple Blog 1.3 for hxxp:1.1rc3.zip [nonactive]" using the packages managers.

(2) The package manager then displayed "Simple Blog" with a link to "apply" the mod.

(3) When I pressed apply the following error message appeared: "
Boards
Posts and Topics
Calendar
Search
Smileys and Message Icons
Attachments and Avatars
Members
Members
Membergroups
Permissions
Registration
Ban List
Maintenance
Forum Maintenance
Generate Reports
Forum Error Log

Package Manager
From the package manager you can download and install modifications to your forum through an easy to use interface.
          Browse Packages         Download Packages    Installed Packages    Options    

Apply Mod
Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Simple Blog":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

doug

douglerner

Never mind! I see I should have downloaded the newer 1.4 version. After reading your note I looked at the link again and saw there was a newer package. I tried that and it did install. Thanks for making me re-look there!

doug

sduford

Has that mod been pulled off? I cannot fnd it and the link above doesn't work.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: sduford on April 14, 2007, 11:41:36 AM
Has that mod been pulled off? I cannot fnd it and the link above doesn't work.

A quick search on the mod site returned no results.  I'd venture to say that the author of Simple Blog abandoned the project.

snakeplissken

Simple Blog had too many problems, and potential could be insecure.If you are looking for a blog mod, there is one currently in beta, but should be released to the public in the next month or so.http://www.johncarpenterforum.com/snake

Advertisement: