News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ok... back again!

Started by PacMan, December 29, 2006, 12:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PacMan

I'm still trying to set up my (NOT SO) Simple Mail Terminal Progam.

After putzing around again with my configuration settings, I loged on and registered as username *tester* and clicked on resend verification email... and this is what I got, see attached:

Also this was posted in my error.log.

*** Can't find server name for address 68.2.16.30: Timed out

So I'm ready for another key to the puzzle.

Pac
4 stages of manhood. 1st we belive in Santa.. 2nd we find out Santa is not real. 3rd we learn to play we are santa and 4th We suddenly look like santa! ....  :)....  Merry Christmas!

IchBin™

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but PHP could have sent the mail, but the transfer failed at your SMTP server. Have you tried any other SMTP servers? Or just used the php mail function?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

PacMan

Quote from: IchBin™ on January 16, 2007, 03:22:03 PM
I'm not sure exactly how it works, but PHP could have sent the mail, but the transfer failed at your SMTP server. Have you tried any other SMTP servers? Or just used the php mail function?

Since you were nice enough to answer this post I'll tell you what I found.
There actually was more than one problem but to put it as simply as possible,
1. My isp blocks p25 so I had to find a refecting service to bounce it off of.
2. The test e-mail addys I was sending to blocks non-port 25 mail which really made it hard to problem solve because I used 2 seperate e-mail account and they Both blocked 25... finally I tried a 3rd and it worked.  I still have the bump on my head from falling backwards off my chair when it worked on the 3rd e-mail acct. lol

Also, for anybody that's interested in running your mail on windows (xp) the settings in php.ini have nothing to do with making outgoing mail work.  Only the settings in smf server functions count.

Cheers!
4 stages of manhood. 1st we belive in Santa.. 2nd we find out Santa is not real. 3rd we learn to play we are santa and 4th We suddenly look like santa! ....  :)....  Merry Christmas!

IchBin™

Thanks for the update. I will mark your problem solved. Cheers!
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Advertisement: