News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Locked Forum Icon

Started by bugsmi0, January 09, 2006, 05:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsmi0

Not sure if SMF has this, I don't think it does,

like other boards when a forum is locked it displays an image with a lock on it,

I'd like to see this, a great representation for the eyes

Kindred

when a forum is locked??

When is a forum locked?  How does one lock a forum?  Where would you have this lock image displayed?

locked POSTS have a padlock overlaid on the folder icon...   (well, that's actually determined by your theme)

There is no way to Lock a board, as a standard function (although I think I saw a password protected board mod)
Under normal circumstances, if a user does not have access to a board, they can not even see it in the board list.

So, I am uncertain why this would be in feature requests...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JayBachatero

He means when a board is locked like vB has.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

No SMF doesn't have this.  What exactly is the point of it?

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

bugsmi0

The point is:  it is simpliy, a representation for the eyes to see the board is locked, this is standard on most if not every forum board, plus it's very nice to have

JayBachatero

What you can do is use a Different board Icons and use local permission on the board you want to do this and set the permissions to that board as you want it.

-JayBachatero
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: