News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Errors converting yabb 1 gold to smf 1.1.1

Started by havsmurf, January 20, 2007, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

havsmurf

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.1
Downloaded smf_1-1-1_yabb_converter.zip (today) to convert YaBB 1 Gold - SP1! to SMF 1.1.1.

Currently bogged down on the following error,

Am I running the correct converter? The version previously tested against SMF 1.0.8 didn't run against SMF 1.1.1 any more, so I downloaded this one.
Members, Boards, etc. and a handfull of other tables where filled correct during the conversion.
Would appreciate some input and fixes if possible.

Thx.

--- start error message ---
Converting posts (part 1 - this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `diwsnl_smf`.smf_messages
    (ID_TOPIC, ID_BOARD, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, icon, posterIP, body, smileysEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName)
    VALUES ('2', '2', 'Oktober 2004 - Fokken met dierentuindieren', 'admin', '[email protected]', '1098377689', 'xx', '83.118.86.248 213.102.60.164 131.211.174.253 62.108.13.235', '(body deleted)', '1', '1137897707', 'admin'),
    ('2', '2', 'Re: Oktober: Onbeperkt fokken met dierentuindieren', 'Joop', '[email protected]', '1098960531', 'xx', '131.211.174.182', '(body deleted)', '1', '0', ''),
etc. (stuff deleted)

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '0-0' for key 1
---- end error message ---

Several other errors were found in yabb_to_smf.php

Line 165:
convert_query("
   INSERT INTO {$to_prefix}membergroups
      (groupName, onlineColor, minPosts, stars)
   VALUES (SUBSTRING('" . $groups[$i] . "', 1, 80), '', -1 ''");
Missing comma and closing parenthesis added.
convert_query("
   INSERT INTO {$to_prefix}membergroups
      (groupName, onlineColor, minPosts, stars)
   VALUES (SUBSTRING('" . $groups[$i] . "', 1, 80), '', -1, '')");

Line 711:
if ($_GET['substep'] == 0)
{
   convert_query("
      ALTER TABLE {$to_prefix}log_topics
      ADD tempID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
      DROP PRIMARY KEY");
}
Error "Can't Drop primary key". Entire statement patched out to get the script running again.

JayBachatero

Can you upgrade to YaBB 2.1 and try this converter? YaBB 2.1
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

havsmurf

Ok, I'll give that a try ... it will take the rest of the day to make a backup and perform the upgrade.

JayBachatero

If you encounter any error just post in the other topic.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

havsmurf

The conversion to 2.1 went well but after the final cleanup it appeared to get stuck on an empty page with "Recounting" on the Firefox tab. When I tried to log in as admin, I couldn't get in! The admin.var file that I could access via ftp gave the correct username and admin but the login kept telling me that they didn't match. Mailing the password to myself didn't work either.
Whatever!

So I started the YaBB 2.1 to SMF conversion with the version indicated in the other topic. That fortunately went well and seemed faster than the previous bombed attempt. SMF 1.1.1. was already configured and it eventually came up with all the old data.

Mission accomplished ... so I let the forum moderators out of their respective cages and stood back to watch for carnage ... none so far :-).

Seems we're in business. Thx!

Advertisement: