News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

IPB 1.3 -> SMF : problems with signatures

Started by Hal9000, July 29, 2004, 06:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal9000

Hi!

I tested importing my Invision Power Board 1.3.1 to SMF 1.0 beta 5 with the converter.
Everything seems fine besides some minor glitches i could fix, but there remains just one problem:

Signatures aren't imported correctly! Somehow it imports the html code instead of the BB code, so all signatures are screwed up. If i copy my signature off my Invision Profile settings into my SMF profile, everything gets fixed as the BB code is compatible. But why does the converter import the html?

Hay anyone a fix for this? :(
I'm sooo close from switching to SMF! :D

greetings ;)

hal

Killer Possum

I do not know how to fix this as I'm not a Dev, but I can tell you that it's probably just a accedental typo or something in the converter script and once a dev see's this post, they can fix it for you :P

Hal9000

from what i can see, in the invision database in prefix_members, there is the "signature" column which indeed stores all signatures in html
so perhaps invision has some strange method to code the html back to BB code when opening the profile options, and the converter should be able to do something like that :(
or there is a copy of the signature somehwere in the database in BB code, but i don't think this is the case. if i find it i will tell ;)
good night

Hal9000

ok seems like everything in the invision database is encoded in html, and i took a look at the convertor.
on line 766 there is this // Step 6: Fixing BBC on Messages
which apparently converts the html into BBCode for the messages, so we need to do the same thing on the signatures. however i'm not skilled enough to modify the convertor, i hope a dev reads this :(

and by the way, there is another little problem: birth dates are lost during conversion.

greets!
hal

[Unknown]

Birthdates and signatures, right?  Okay, I'll make sure this is looked into.

Thanks.

-[Unknown]

Hal9000

exactly, birthdates are lost and signatures are just copied off the database without transforming the html to BBCode, as done with board and private messages.
can't wait to moove to SMF :D
greetings ;)

Hal9000

// !!! Birthdate and signature bbc.

Now with RC1 i see there is this comment in the RC1 converter, but apparently it's just a comment and the converter itself didn't change.
Could you maybe give me a rough workaround, or estimate when the converter is to be expected to work nicelly?
Of coruse i'm available for testing, if needed.
I can't wait to move my board to SMF, especially now that RC1 is out... wow! :D
greets, and keep up the good work!
Sebastian

Advertisement: