News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] MyBB 1.2.x

Started by JayBachatero, January 24, 2007, 11:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninhanh

thanks JayBachatero, no error !! :D

osgeld

all i get is a 500 server error

any ideas?

SleePy

Are you trying to access the convert.php?
Are you sure the permissions for the files are correct?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

osgeld

i have no trouble accessing the convert.php script, i put in all the correct info and let it run, after about 5 min on step one it comes back with a 500

i also thought it might be permissions so i changed EVERYTHING to 777 (its ok this is not the production site)

now last time i attempted this it was about 3 months ago, and it worked for the most part just loosing user avatars, 3 months later, same server, same setup, even the same silly board, i get a 500

SleePy

Well the error 500 is a error generated by the server saying something went wrong internally.

Do you have access to the apache error logs or is your host able to see what information is being logged when you get this error 500
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

osgeld

well i have access to some logs from my hosting company, nothing worth while tho, just some link errors from outside sites

only other thought is turning off fast cgi and going back to php4, any effect?

if its the worst case and i have to pull this down to my local computer (which sucks cause my upload speed has been useless this week yay 4kb instead of 30) what would be the most optimal server environment for these scripts to perform best? (not smf i have that covered, but these 2 scripts convert.php and *.sql)

SleePy

That may work. It is a server error so tweaking with the server settings might get it going.

I am guessing you have cpanel and are looking at the error log area? This wouldn't have the error.
The php error log might have it if those are logged. Such as:
[10-Feb-2008 14:37:20] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /Functions.php on line 63

The key word is the fatal error or similar that makes it sound really bad :P

osgeld

no nothing fatal, and i have this instance pulled outside of the cloud (its not public) and i see nothing pointing to my "work" directory

it would be quite obvious url/forum vs url/me_working/smf/

im going to monkey with the php settings to see if it makes a difference in conversion (it takes a huge hit on the production site but at this time noone is around)

~and~

im going to call up my host in the morning and see if i cant get a log dump of my server, they are pretty nice and willing over the phone heh

btw thank you very much for trying to help me on this problem

SleePy

You are welcome.
Without seeing the error I can only shoot in the dark and guess what might be wrong :(

Hopefully you can figure it out or get an error log message that tells why it happened.

osgeld

ok fast cgi was the cause of the 500 error (i was not able to get the exact log)
but now, after a few min i get

Quote from: mysite
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Server shutdown in progress

it doesnt go from there (nor does it shut down the server as the error states)

but atleast im making progress heh

SleePy

wow, server shutting down.
Everything I found in search is pointing to mysql.

Do you have a way you can try this conversion locally?
This would put you more in control of the conversion and would hopefully pt the host out of the problem area.

You can simply make backups and import them between your live site and local site during the conversion and that would work.

If you can't we could try to reduce the number of topics it is converting at once and see if that helps.

osgeld

ok so tried locally, same thing, except it didnt say it was shutting down

i thought maby its smf1.1.5 so i downloaded and installed smf 1.1.4 same results

SleePy

You received the error 500 this time as well?

osgeld

sorry no

Converting...
Converting topics...

and dies

SleePy

Try this one out and see if it provides better luck.
I turned it down to only do 200 topics at a time.

osgeld

same thing, even acts the same way

im going to try on a php 4 system, thats about the only thing left

SleePy

If that fails are you willing to let me take a try at it? It would be nice to have some ftp access at least to see what I can do with the script to try and make it work. If your ok with it, please pm the details, we don't want that info public :P

osgeld

under php 4 i get this error

Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    t.tid AS ID_TOPIC, t.fid AS ID_BOARD, t.sticky AS isSticky,
    t.poll AS ID_POLL, t.views AS numViews, t.uid AS ID_MEMBER_STARTED,
    ul.uid AS ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, t.replies AS numReplies, t.closed AS locked,
    MIN(p.pid) AS ID_FIRST_MSG, MAX(p.pid) AS ID_LAST_MSG
    FROM (`cheesefa_irs`.mybb_threads AS t, `cheesefa_irs`.mybb_posts AS p)
    LEFT JOIN `cheesefa_irs`.mybb_users AS ul ON (BINARY ul.username = t.lastposter)
    WHERE p.tid = t.tid
    GROUP BY t.tid
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Server shutdown in progress

but hey at least its an error!

SleePy

If you copy that query and try to run it via the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin, does it give the same error?

If you open the .sql file and find:
---* {$to_prefix}topics
Does replacing it with the below code and trying the conversion again help?
---* {$to_prefix}topics 100

Edit, the above find code might have a 200 after it if you used the one I linked to in the download.

osgeld

using your sql file the server cuts off much quicker with

This query:

SELECT
    LEFT JOIN `cheesefa_irs`.mybb_users AS ul ON (BINARY ul.username = t.lastposter)
    WHERE p.tid = t.tid
    GROUP BY t.tid
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 200, 200;

Caused the error:

Server shutdown in progress

using the sql file at the top of the thread goes for quite a while (it actually told me "incomplete" and to press the button before it died)
This query:

SELECT
    WHERE p.tid = t.tid
    GROUP BY t.tid
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 1500, 500;

Caused the error:

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

just incase you were wondering
Our members have made a total of 12,021 posts in 1,583 threads.
We currently have 10,498 members registered.

Advertisement: