[SMF Converter] IPB 2.2.x

Started by JayBachatero, January 24, 2007, 07:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infonlinebr

I separated a list of things that are not being converted for sql of ipb 2.2

[img]IMAGEM.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

[div align=\"center\"]CONTENT[/div]

[div align=\"right\"]CONTENT[/div]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']CONTENT[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

cooky

Quote from: WarBirD on April 23, 2007, 06:17:15 AM
Hello, my question, though it fits basically into this section, it goes the other way around. A friend of mine asked me to convert his SMF Forum, for buisness purposes, to the latest IPB 2.2.x ! You have shown here the converter from IPB 2.2.x to SMF, could you please help tell me or help me to find a converter that does the other way around, from latest SMF 1.1.2 to IPB 2.2.x ?

I really would appreciate any help !!!

here you go invision do a free convertor here hxxp:community.ipslink.com/board/files/22converters.zip [nonactive]

Also, he has quite some mods installed in his SMF Installation, do we have to remove that stuff manually from the Database first, from a MySQL dump for example, to have that not interfear with any kind of Conversion ?

Please, I really would ask you guys here for help.

Thx in advance.
WarBirD

Nordoelum

Do I use the regular convert.php file? Because the one linked in the first post isn't working. The link isn't leading anywhere.

Please provide a proper link.

JayBachatero

Quote from: WarBirD on April 23, 2007, 06:17:15 AM
Hello, my question, though it fits basically into this section, it goes the other way around. A friend of mine asked me to convert his SMF Forum, for buisness purposes, to the latest IPB 2.2.x ! You have shown here the converter from IPB 2.2.x to SMF, could you please help tell me or help me to find a converter that does the other way around, from latest SMF 1.1.2 to IPB 2.2.x ?

I really would appreciate any help !!!

Also, he has quite some mods installed in his SMF Installation, do we have to remove that stuff manually from the Database first, from a MySQL dump for example, to have that not interfear with any kind of Conversion ?

Please, I really would ask you guys here for help.

Thx in advance.
WarBirD
You came to the wrong place to ask buddy.  Try asking over at IPB ::).
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

dreiecon

Where can I get the convert.php file? The link you have in the first post does not work.

Alcamonster

+1
I can't download convert.php

NF

To get the converter to work, I just used the convert.php file from the other IPB conversion and renamed the "invision22_to_smf.sql" to "invision2_to_smf.sql" and it worked perfectly

commanderfluffy

Converting attachments... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT
attach_pid AS ID_MSG, attach_location AS oldEncrypt,
attach_hits AS downloads, attach_file AS filename
FROM `shadowne_forums`.ibf_attachments
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'attach_pid' in 'field list'

any help with this i really need this. also when i try and look at my smf forums it doesnt show me anything since the converter failed at that point. any help with that the folder is already chpmod 777 but still no success... any ideas

regards
fluffy

satchownz

Quote from: infonlinebr on May 02, 2007, 08:49:21 PM
I separated a list of things that are not being converted for sql of ipb 2.2

[img]IMAGEM.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

[div align=\"center\"]CONTENT[/div]

[div align=\"right\"]CONTENT[/div]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']CONTENT[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Anyone have a fix fir this? I just ran the converter and all the images are not working. Signature images and post images, both are broken.

satchownz

I ran it again and got the same results. The board converts, but some of the bbcode is messed up. This converter is sooo close.

I have two boards I want to convert when this tool is ready. I'm tinkering with it. Is anyone else having any luck?

There's not much action around here lately.

::)

satchownz

I really would like to use SMF over IPB but so far there has been no support for migrating data and getting set up.

raffychan

I really need this converter too... I tried it at least 10 times and was able to fix some errors I had at frist (by changing some settings). But still I can't fix what follows:
1) private messages. They were succesfully converted. I checked out my smf pm table, and they all are there... but still, whenever I login, my smf forum keep on displaying "you've 5 new messages on 40" or something like that, but the box is empty... so I think the problem is not related to the converter itself, but there's something wrong when displaying the forum.
2) Attachments. Succesfully converted, but not displayed as clickable thumbnails as it should be (image attachments, I mean). It's not a matter of GD libraries, because I opened a new topic (after the conversion) and uploaded an image attachment, that was displayed as clickable thumbnail.
3) Avatars. This is weird, but it seems that I can't convert them. Avatars uploaded on other sites are succesfully converted, but the ones uploaded on my web space are not displayed when browsing topics... and if I go to my edit profile area, avatar setting, I can see my avatar!!
4) Signatures. Some tags are not proprerly converted, and the signatures are all messed up, even some bbcode.

Any idea?

satchownz

I think we are out of luck here, there is no support for this converter.

rvzlady

I am going CRAZY trying to convert my IPB 2.2 to SMF and I'm about ready to give up and sell my domain - I have read and tried EVERYTHING, but something ALWAYS goes wrong. Database too big, cant install SMF to my ibf server, can't install ibf my new server, on and on 3 days straight without sleep, how do I do this "SIMPLE" conversion????????

gmdb

Hey, when I tried to convert I got an error at the topics converting.

Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT
t.tid AS ID_TOPIC, t.pinned AS isSticky, hxxp:t.forum [nonactive]_id AS ID_BOARD,
t.starter_id AS ID_MEMBER_STARTED, t.last_poster_id AS ID_MEMBER_UPDATED,
pl.pid AS ID_POLL, t.posts AS numReplies, t.views AS numViews,
MIN(p.pid) AS ID_FIRST_MSG, MAX(p.pid) AS ID_LAST_MSG,
t.state = 'closed' AS locked
FROM (`b33_311902_1`.gmdbtopics AS t, `b33_311902_1`.gmdbposts AS p)
LEFT JOIN `b33_311902_1`.gmdbpolls AS pl ON (pl.tid = t.tid)
WHERE p.topic_id = t.tid
GROUP BY t.tid
HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
LIMIT 1000, 500;
Caused the error:

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Please help.

JayBachatero

Are you guys using the .sql file from the first post?
Follow me on Twitter

JiGs013

excuse me i download the convert.php link but it direct to this link: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

placebo333

Hello,
I just did a test conversion from IPB 2.3 to SMF. The converter finnished fine and nearly everything is working fine besides the above mentioned problems with attachments/signatures and that my pm box is empty but showing 1 new post.

1.Fixing PMs not beeing displayed
update `smf_pm_recipients` set labels = -1

Advertisement: