News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Which portal for my needs

Started by Dr_Michael, July 30, 2004, 05:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_Michael

I need a portal with all these specifications/features included:

1. php-mySQL - open source
2. forum
3. Banners management
4. Articles section and editor
5. Page management
6. Downloads management
7. Links management
8. FAQ management
9. Content management

Dr_Michael

Quote from: Max Shanly on July 31, 2004, 08:06:39 AM
How about Mambo? I hear they are quite a good Portal System  :D

- Max Shanly

Does it meet all my requirements?

Orstio

Mambo will do all of that, and if you know a little bit of PHP, it will do much more.

You can integrate SMF into Mambo by following the instructions provided in this topic:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=6344.0

Tony Reid

Mambo does all you need and more ;)

www.mamboportal.com and www.mambers.com is worth checking out - plus the official site at www.mamboserver.com

Tony Reid

karpatho

I'm also trying to figure out which CMS will work best for my site and must have all the popular modules and many others created on a constant basis to keep my clients coming.

Does anyone know if XOOPS and Mambo use the same modules as PHP NUKE? It seems the research I did, PHP NUKE has the most modules and folks are constantly programming new stuff which will give my site a  fresh look.

I'm just trying to find the best avenue on taking to get my new site up and running and wanting to update it with new mods to keep it fresh for my clients.

In addition, does anyone have any stories (good or bad) about converting Yabbse to either vBulliten or phpBB, since these are the major BB which are used with the popular portal systems like php-nuke.

It looks that i'm going to try converting my yabbse 1.5.4 over to one of those system since I'm not seeing any progress with SMF integration.
I just wished I started the right way when I first created my site so I can avoid this headache of converting.

Anyway thanks and hope to see a response from you.

Tywick

Karpatho,

If you choose to use XOOPS v1.3 then you can use YaBB TDfX which is a YaBB module for XOOPS. This module only works with version 1.3.x there's a huge template conflict with 2.x that I've put too much effert into trying to solve.

If you're patient enough then you can use Sphinx which is based from XOOPS 1.3.10 with quite a few enhancements but many more to come.

Advertisement: