News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] SimpleBoard 1.0 and 1.1

Started by JayBachatero, January 26, 2007, 09:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daen

Yeah, ran that.  It was pretty good.  Mostly it just informed me that there were two or three users that didn't exist anymore (meh), and fixed all the most recent posts.  So, I was pretty pleased with that, saved me a lot of work.  Recalculate Forum Statistics is also good.

pocamil

Hello, I am trying to convert my joomlaboard to smf. I have more than 10k users and more than 3k message.

after running the scritp, I got this error msg:

Converting...
Converting categories... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `fengshui_mamb1`.smf_categories
(ID_CAT, name, catOrder)
VALUES ('504', 'Feng Shui', '1');
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '255' for key 1

I spent hours trying to find a solution in different places and could not find one... any ideas or help?
thanks!

JayBachatero

In phpMyAdmin run this query

ALTER TABLE smf_categories
CHANGE COLUMN ID_CAT ID_CAT smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

terovn

can someone reupload the convert.php file? the link is not working now.

Thanks

terovn

The script worked great and I succeeded in converting users, messages, categories... but there are 2 problems remain:

1. Permissions were not copied. I can deal with this manually so it is not a big problem, but the second one is:

2. Encoding is not compatible, we used unicode characters in our previous Joomlaboard, but all non-English characters now become strange symbols in SMF, including topic titles, usernames, categories' names...

I guess the reason is SMF store unicode directly into its database, while Joomlaboard uses some kind of encoding before writing into its database. Does anyone know what kind of encoding Joomlaboard use, or how to fix this problem? (my Joomlaboard version is 1.1.3).

Thanks

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

terovn

Thanks for replying. I tried to convert tables to UTF-8 in the maintainance menu of SMF, but I am not sure what to use for source encoding option. Do you know what is the encoding that Joomlaboard uses?

robert_vining

latin1_swedish is usually the standard joomla install encoding for mysql.

terovn

Quote from: robert_vining on February 25, 2008, 07:53:36 PM
latin1_swedish is usually the standard joomla install encoding for mysql.

I checked in the DB and it seem to be latin1_swedish_ci. But when I try to convert it to utf-8 using Linux's iconv command: iconv -f latin1 -t utf-8 the result is not readable. I am so frustrated with this problem. Thought it was easy but it's taking so much of my time. Anyone has suggestion for the next step?

JayBachatero

Is SimpleBoard latin1_swedish_ci as well?
Follow me on Twitter

terovn

Yes. I mean all SimpleBoard tables (in fact all Joomla tables) use latin1_swedish_ci. So something like "Thơ và Câu Đối ngày Xuân" would become "ThÆ¡ và Câu Đá»'i ngà y Xuân" in the DB. Could someone confirm that it is actually latin1_swedish_ci? If it is, I dont see any reason why iconv did not work :(

SleePy

terovn,

Where you able to fix this?

From my install of joomla, it is reporting plain latin1

ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

terovn

I fixed it, but very manually (search and replace). I ran out of patience.

Surely hope someone will come up with a better solution for switching from JoomlaBoard to SMF with non-English language.

locutusweb

I had an old site with Joomlaboard and it sure needed some attention  O:)

In the process I tuned the conversion script for Simpleboard/Joomlaboard

Changelog
! Use the realname instead of username. (simpleboard_to_smf.sql)
! Accept the extra salty passwords of Joomla 1.0.13 and newer. (simpleboard_to_smf.sql)

Joomla_Login_Fix_v11.tgz.gz
If you were using Joomla 1.0.13 or newer (including Joomla 1.5.x), you need to install this mod attached in this topic before converting to accept the extra salty passwords. (Please note it's the same mod for Fireboard)

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: