News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

PunBB to SMF 2 b4

Started by Amok, February 02, 2009, 09:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amok

Hi! I'm planning to move from PunBB to SMF. I upgraded my SMF installation to SMF 2 beta 4, only to find out the convertion tool only works with 1.1.7...
Is there a chance of an updated convertion tool in a not too far away future, or will i have to delete SMF and re-install 1.1.7? Thanks!

ThorstenE

our converters for SMF 2.0 are still in developement and not released yet. Most of them are ready to relaese but especially the punBB converter is a bit critical. the converter file is using the variable $db_prefix and this variable is also used from within SMF.

I tested the converter last week and wasn't able to recount the forum statistics.  I can fix this in the next days, but If your time is short and you need a conversion during the next few days it might be better to re-install an SMF 1.1.7, then convert your punBB, then upgrade your SMF 1.1.7 to 2.0 Beta4.

Amok

I was kinda afraid i might have to wait for 2.0 final to be released (and maybe then some)... hearing you're working on it is great news! Thanks!

Advertisement: