News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

View Only Boards

Started by Rudolf, January 31, 2007, 10:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidum

Iron IC thank you so much! Your instructions were great and easy to follow!  Thanks again! If I run into any trouble I will let you know. But so far so good. :)

Iron IC

I`m only glad to help.

Look at the 3 last sentences in my previous post. That is incorrect, regular members can`t view the boards. Check both boxes for all the other groups you want to let inside aswell as the guests (of course, my mistake! Sorry..)  I only recently discovered it myself.  

avidum

LOL no problem. Just this morning I received an email from one of my mods saying she could not get into the site. I don't know what I did wrong. I think I messed things up, this is why I think I need to restart everything just as if I am starting the board. Somewhere along the line I got messed up with this. I really appreciate your help though Iron IC. I probably sound like an idiotic not getting this stuff. lol

avidum

OH Boy now I really screwed things up. None of my mods can view the posts. I have no idea what I have done wrong? Anyone suggest anything as to what I can do? PLEASE HELP!!

Rudolf

Give a link to your forum and PM me with the username and password of a temporary admin account.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

avidum

avidum

avidum

Well I am having more problems now even though Rudolf helped me so much. For some reason my mods can't view certain boards or even post in the ones they should be allowed to. I don't know what the heck I am doing or not doing. My mod also tells me all her pm's are gone plus the only board she can view is the admin/mod discussion board. Any suggestions?

babjusi

Have you enabled it at Features and Options? If so, uncheck the box there, and se if it gets better

avidum

Thank you all for your help. Rudolf was kind enough to correct my idiotic mistakes. lol Now the board is running the way it should. I have another question to ask though so bear with me please, I have changed the rankings in the membergroups, and now want to make it so that certain membergroups can only view certain boards. Where do I do the changing of this and how do I do it without making another mess of my board, lol. Thanks!

babjusi

Quote from: avidum on February 21, 2007, 01:51:20 PM
Thank you all for your help. Rudolf was kind enough to correct my idiotic mistakes. lol Now the board is running the way it should. I have another question to ask though so bear with me please, I have changed the rankings in the membergroups, and now want to make it so that certain membergroups can only view certain boards. Where do I do the changing of this and how do I do it without making another mess of my board, lol. Thanks!

At your admin''s panel in your forum, go to Boards and click Modify at the end. There you should have all the membergroups, at access and visibility uncheck the boxex for all the other membergropups but the membergruop that you want to give access, that you don''t unchechk the box, and click save at the end after you are done. That should take care of it. Hope this helps

avidum

When you say to go to boards and click Modify at the end, are you referring to the board that I want only certain membergroups to view?

babjusi

Quote from: avidum on February 21, 2007, 04:36:30 PM
When you say to go to boards and click Modify at the end, are you referring to the board that I want only certain membergroups to view?
After you go to the boards in the admin'' panel, then you can choose that specified board that you want only certain membergroups to view. In short yeas, that''s what I meant

etdwh

I have tried the mod, and it works as expected :-)

There is one issue. I noticed new errors generated in the error log when i create a new board.

http://localhost/v2/forum/index.php?action=manageboards;sa=newboard;cat=1
8: Undefined index: memberGroupsView
File: C:\xampplite\htdocs\v2\forum\Sources\ManageBoards.php
Line: 474

and

http://localhost/v2/forum/index.php?action=manageboards;sa=newboard;cat=1
2: in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument
File: C:\xampplite\htdocs\v2\forum\Sources\ManageBoards.php
Line: 474

at ManageBoards.php:

$context['groups'][(int) $row['ID_GROUP']] = array(
'id' => $row['ID_GROUP'],
'name' => trim($row['groupName']),
'checked' => in_array($row['ID_GROUP'], $curBoard['memberGroups']),
'view' => in_array($row['ID_GROUP'], $curBoard['memberGroupsView']), //-View Only Boards  MOD-[line 474]
'is_post_group' => $row['minPosts'] != -1,
);

Mod still works, but error log filling up whenever i create a new board.

shadow82x

Quick Question: Is there a way to disable this so guests can not click on the title to the side of it
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

CGawker

I'd like to know that too....i can set permissions so that guests can see only the board forums but not the threads....however, if they click on the "LAST POST" link on the right hand side, they have access to read that thread....how do I disable that??

avidum

I still have this problem as well.

shadow82x

Hmmm I wonder does anyone know?
Colin B

Rudolf

I see nothing wrong with the latest posts.
It won't show the posts from the boards you can't see.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

shadow82x

But in the title/ latest posts they can just click it and it will bring it to them :?
Colin B

Advertisement: