View Only Boards

Started by Rudolf, January 31, 2007, 10:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

Can you see some errors in the error log?
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

shadow82x

I dont see any is the mod just as deafult for that. That you can view urls and topics but not the boards
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

RaXavier69

any way to change the warning message  to when ppl try to view this area?
Character is what you are in the dark

Dr3amer

Dr3amer

Hi ,for first really good mod (i needed it) just a thing ,is possible to for example to hide the text on the last topic of the Board that only certain member can access to the other members that isn't able to access it ? like to see on the topic : "Protected" or "Not Accessible" ,it is just an example :)
Thanks in Advance

Dr3amer

Rudolf

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you want.

shadow82x

You know the topic title...

Like the new logo? <<<<<<< Topic title
by shadow82x
Today at 03:08:33 pm

Members without viewing the forum permission can see it
Colin B

shumilica

I have the same problem with etdwh, but le me say that this not so quite stressfull as the next problem:<br />
I have a board that has 2 child boards. The members who have access to the first child board dosen't have for the second and vice-versa, but I want all of them to be able to see both boards (but acces just one) and not just from index of the forum but in the index of the board that has the 2 child board itself.
Is it possible that view only chid-boards to be shown in the board index in wich the child-boards are?  :o

Thanks in advance for any sollutions/answers!

<br /><br /><br />
Quote from: etdwh on March 07, 2007, 12:57:10 AM<br />I have tried the mod, and it works as expected :-)<br /><br />There is one issue. I noticed new errors generated in the error log when i create a new board.<br /><br /><a href="http://localhost/v2/forum/index.php?action=manageboards;sa=newboard;cat=1" target="_blank" class="bbc_link extern">http://localhost/v2/forum/index.php?action=manageboards;sa=newboard;cat=1</a><br />8: Undefined index: memberGroupsView<br />File: C:xampplitehtdocs2 orumSourcesManageBoards.php<br />Line: 474<br /><br />and<br /><br />http://localhost/v2/forum/index.php?action=manageboards;sa=newboard;cat=1<br />2: in_array() [&lt;a href=&#039;function.in-array&#039;&gt;function.in-array&lt;/a&gt;]: Wrong datatype for second argument<br />File: C:xampplitehtdocs2 orumSourcesManageBoards.php<br />Line: 474<br /><br />at ManageBoards.php:<br /><br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$context&#91;&#039;groups&#039;][(int) $row&#91;&#039;ID_GROUP&#039;]] = array(<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&#039;id&#039; =&gt; $row&#91;&#039;ID_GROUP&#039;],<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&#039;name&#039; =&gt; trim($row&#91;&#039;groupName&#039;]),<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&#039;checked&#039; =&gt; in_array($row&#91;&#039;ID_GROUP&#039;], $curBoard&#91;&#039;memberGroups&#039;]),<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&#039;view&#039; =&gt; in_array($row&#91;&#039;ID_GROUP&#039;], $curBoard&#91;&#039;memberGroupsView&#039;]), //-View Only Boards&nbsp; MOD-[line 474]<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&#039;is_post_group&#039; =&gt; $row&#91;&#039;minPosts&#039;] != -1,<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;);<br /><br />Mod still works, but error log filling up whenever i create a new board. <br />
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Dr3amer

Hi Rudolf ,
i meaned like this :
this is the original :
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5014/originalyn0.gif

and this is what the members that can't access the board will view after applied the mod and the access restrict only to for example VIP user:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5954/afterthemodcu5.gif

so they (the users that haven't access permission to that board) can't view the last topic title and will see : "Protected"

Tell me if is possible and how to add this new feature :)

Thanks in Advance

Dr3amer

Rudolf

I will see if it's possible and update the mod if necessary.
I'll get back to you shortly.

MattJ

Quote from: Dr3amer on April 12, 2007, 07:35:50 AM
Hi Rudolf ,
i meaned like this :
this is the original :
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5014/originalyn0.gif [nofollow]

and this is what the members that can't access the board will view after applied the mod and the access restrict only to for example VIP user:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5954/afterthemodcu5.gif [nofollow]

so they (the users that haven't access permission to that board) can't view the last topic title and will see : "Protected"

Tell me if is possible and how to add this new feature :)

Thanks in Advance

Dr3amer

Thats very much like what im after here...and im using the View Only Boards mod, accept I dont want them to see how posted last either really.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=164290.0

shadow82x

I hope you can get the title thing working. It gets annoying :) Also a way to block recent posts by the stats?  ;D
Colin B

DoA

Is there a way we could make this mod Search engine (SE) friendly? For example, use a Useragent switch to decide whether the users is a human or an SE bot for example?

I already have a demo code for the UA switch (this one decides whether or not to start a php session) -->

<?
if (strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Googlebot/2.1' ) > 0 OR strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'msnbot/1.0' ) > 0 OR strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'googlebot' ) > 0 OR strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Googlebot' ) > 0)
{
     // Useragent declaration
}
else {
session_start();
}
?>

DoA

p.s. I KNOW it's very easy to fake useragents, but I need this so that my topics remain SEO friendly!

Rudolf

Quote from: shadow82x on April 12, 2007, 02:57:18 PM
I hope you can get the title thing working. It gets annoying :) Also a way to block recent posts by the stats?  ;D

I will release the updated version this weekend (probably tomorrow), it has the "protected" feature and possibly some other tweaks.
In the mean time if you explain that part with the recent posts. I'm a bit slow these days, and just don't get it. The recent posts are not visible if you can't see a board.

Rudolf

Quote from: DoA on April 12, 2007, 03:16:00 PM
Is there a way we could make this mod Search engine (SE) friendly? For example, use a Useragent switch to decide whether the users is a human or an SE bot for example?

I already have a demo code for the UA switch (this one decides whether or not to start a php session) -->

<?
if (strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Googlebot/2.1' ) > 0 OR strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'msnbot/1.0' ) > 0 OR strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'googlebot' ) > 0 OR strpos( $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Googlebot' ) > 0)
{
     // Useragent declaration
}
else {
session_start();
}
?>

DoA

p.s. I KNOW it's very easy to fake useragents, but I need this so that my topics remain SEO friendly!
Please be patient with be, because I don't understand this either. What has to do the useragents with being search engine friendly, and what would be the //Useragent declaration, and for what can I use that information? This mod decides to show a board based on the member's permissions. Bots are guests, so they will see what you let the guests to see. I think it's logical.

shumilica

Maybe he wants the bots to have access in the boards that are set to ,,view only" for guests.

Rudolf, could you, in the release you want to make this w-e, integrate what I said earlier this week? I mean:
"view only chid-boards to be shown in a sub-board index (that has the access setting, not just view only) in wich the child-boards are? "
(this is a summary of my post above

I thank you in anticipation!
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Dr3amer

QuoteI will release the updated version this weekend (probably tomorrow), it has the "protected" feature and possibly some other tweaks.
In the mean time if you explain that part with the recent posts. I'm a bit slow these days, and just don't get it. The recent posts are not visible if you can't see a board.

Thanks Rudolf for this and good work :)

cheers
Dr3amer

shadow82x

I hope the new version is released soon :)
Colin B

Rudolf

Here's a question for you, about protecting the last post.
You can choose between two ways:

1. or 2.

You have a couple of hours until I do some test and start updating the package. I think I will go with the first option, but let me hear what you think. Besides, it's a simple template change so you can personalize it easily.

shadow82x

I like #1 better can you send a pm for me to test :) Thanks for letting me suggest this idea
Colin B

Advertisement: