View Only Boards

Started by Rudolf, January 31, 2007, 10:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

Any errors in the log? It works fine for me on SMF 1.1.2.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

shadow82x

No errors it just does not show anything except you know what ill get a screenshot
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

shadow82x

OK everything is enabled so guests can see it. I checked all permissions and I get an error at the top of the board but that can just be from other mods

Verion 1.0 was working fine with my forums..
Colin B

Dr3amer

Hi Rudolf ,
realllllllllllllllllly thanks to added this feature :D ,for me is better the first image :

because you can see the last time of the last post ,tonight i will try the mod so i will tell you if i have same errors or all go fine :)
Other time Thanks
cheers
Dr3amer

Rudolf

Can you PM me with a link to the forum and an administrative account?
If you don't have anything in the error log then probably it's a misconfiguration error.

Check the Modifications.english.php file and put any text that is after ?> before it.

Rudolf

Quote from: Dr3amer on April 14, 2007, 04:48:12 PM
Hi Rudolf ,
realllllllllllllllllly thanks to added this feature :D ,for me is better the first image :

because you can see the last time of the last post ,tonight i will try the mod so i will tell you if i have same errors or all go fine :)
Other time Thanks
cheers
Dr3amer

Yes, that's the one I used, because it's more logical.
However if you check the "Show the message index for 'view only' boards" then the last post is not protected. It makes no sense in that case. You can open the board and see it.
Now child boards can be view_only too, in this case it might happen that you get a "protected" last post even for a normal board. If the last post of a board is made in a child board (of any depth) that is view_only for the user, the post will appear as protected.

Finally, the issue of the recent posts list shown on the main index page. It should show only posts from boards you have access, regardless of the setting to allow the message index in the view only boards. It is outside of the purpose of this mod, and it would be too much work for me to modify that part, and it wouldn't worth the extra processing done.

Yeah, for those who didn't noticed, I updated the mod.

shadow82x

Colin B

Rudolf

I re-uploaded the mod with a couple of fixes. I kept the version number so if you already downloaded the 1.1 version then please download the new one and reinstall.

Shadow82x, you already have the new version but if you want feel free to repeat the procedure.

shadow82x

Quote from: Rudolf on April 14, 2007, 06:14:38 PM
I re-uploaded the mod with a couple of fixes. I kept the version number so if you already downloaded the 1.1 version then please download the new one and reinstall.

Shadow82x, you already have the new version but if you want feel free to repeat the procedure.
Im good thanks for the new release! Its a lot better than 1.0 :p
Colin B

Dr3amer

Hi Rudolf ,
so i installed the new mod ,doing this :
i had the previous mod installed ,so i uninstalled it and deleted it ,then i uploaded the new mod and when i clicked on "Apply Mod" got this errors :
1) http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/9352/1errorwithnewmodoc2.gif
2) http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5084/2errorwithnewmodys9.gif

So i backed up the files that should be modified and i applyed, also if there was that errors, the mod and seem to work fine ,i see Protected on the restricted boards ,and if i click on Uninstall i get this errors :
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9984/erroronuninstallingthemrq0.gif

Is possible that the mod shuouldn't work fine ,or can work fine also if got that errors ?

PS:Now the mod is really complete and easy to use and customize ,thx Rudolf :)
cheers
Dr3amer

Update:
I went now on Admin Panel and Features ,and i have two of this settings that are the same :
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3968/doubletextce8.gif

Maybe i did errors by applyng the mod with that errors ?

shadow82x

It is not working.. WEll the protection and guests are allowed to view it for me
Colin B

Dr3amer

For me the Protected post is working ,also if i'm admin i see Protected ,and no prob for this ,but i have two options that are the same on Features on Admin control panel and don't know if by applyng the mod also with errors is ok ,now i'm tryng to use the forum at the max and for now is working ,i tryed guest ,regular members ,moderators and Admin and the last topic is always in Protected but for me the Boards is Hidden from Guest will post later after tryed a lot the forum :)

shadow82x

Whats the link to your board
Colin B

MattJ

Uninstalled old version, deleted files, reinstalled new version...works a treat :)

Rudolf

Dr3amer, I suppose you uninstalled the previous version of the mod.
You  should uninstall all versions, and upload a clean copy of the files (at least the ones that giving errors), then apply the new version again.
Load.php is a critical file for this mod to work, not making the chancges there will result in malfunctioning.

Dr3amer

Hi Rudolf ,
so i unistalled all the mods and i got lots of errors ,so to be a clearly thing I deleted all the forum and reinstalled it :D ,restored the DB with PhpMyAdmin and reinstalled all the mods and now all is working perfect :D
The mod works like a charm :D
Thanks Rudolf
cheers
Dr3amer

shadow82x

Rudolf have any suggestions why it is not showing up as "Private" on the index
Colin B

Rudolf

Because or
1. you didn't apply the changes in the BoardIndex.template.php (you have a modified BoardIndex.template.php)
and/or
you are not using the default template (I saw the quick theme changer in your forum with a bunch of themes)
or
3. You have the "Allow the message index to 'view only' boards" setting checked in Features and Settings.

In either case the posts won't be protected.

shadow82x

Quote from: Rudolf on April 15, 2007, 12:36:04 PM
Because or
1. you didn't apply the changes in the BoardIndex.template.php (you have a modified BoardIndex.template.php)
and/or
you are not using the default template (I saw the quick theme changer in your forum with a bunch of themes)
or
3. You have the "Allow the message index to 'view only' boards" setting checked in Features and Settings.

In either case the posts won't be protected.

No errors and replaced the original board template and still does not work. Using the deafult theme and I have the "view board index" checked. Also all the permissions are set correctly. I cant seem to find whats wrong. IF you want to see I made your Rodulf account admin for now...
Colin B

Rudolf

Quote from: shadow82x on April 15, 2007, 12:43:00 PM
Using the deafult theme and I have the "view board index" checked

That's the first reason. This allows users to view the list of topics in a board. So what's the point int protecting the last post, if one can simply click and see it inside?
You have to uncheck it to work, and you need to modify the BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php files in every theme you want to protect the posts. Not modifying a theme will give no errors, won't break anything, it will simply display last posts as the theme wants.

When I installed the mod your MessageIndex.template was modified successfully but not the BoardIndex.template

Advertisement: