View Only Boards

Started by Rudolf, January 31, 2007, 10:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

Could you rephrase that in english? I tried to translate with google but it makes no sense.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

besucher

Quote from: Rudolf on April 24, 2007, 04:02:03 AM
Could you rephrase that in english? I tried to translate with google but it makes no sense.

Yes, sorry.
Your Mod dont show RECENT TOPICS to guests but I need that guest can see it.

How can I made your Mod not so good in a way that the guest can see rcent topics?

RaXavier69

Love the idea of the mod,
I need to show the name of the board to every one, but only certain member groups can access it.

Like you side.
Show the message index for "view only" boards CHECKED
First row (only member groups i need CHECKED)
Second row (ALL member groups CHECKED)
===================================
Still not showing anything where the boaard should be to visitors, and yes visitors are checked.

www.dragox.org   look in forum u cants see members lounge but its in the general board. and there are much more but none are showing
Character is what you are in the dark

Rudolf

Quote from: besucher on April 24, 2007, 05:50:55 AM
Quote from: Rudolf on April 24, 2007, 04:02:03 AM

Yes, sorry.
Your Mod dont show RECENT TOPICS to guests but I need that guest can see it.

How can I made your Mod not so good in a way that the guest can see rcent topics?

Recent topics is a complicated part and I haven't seen any point in modifying it. Besides functionality-wise it's not the even so useful. Do you allow the index for "view only" boards? In that case I really don't see point in it.
However I will look into it one more time.

Rudolf

Quote from: RaXavier69 on April 27, 2007, 12:42:42 AM
I need to show the name of the board to every one, but only certain member groups can access it.

Like you side.
Still not showing anything where the boaard should be to visitors, and yes visitors are checked.

www.dragox.org   look in forum u cants see members lounge but its in the general board. and there are much more but none are showing
Any errors in the error log?

RaXavier69

nop not that i see, installed perfectly

babjusi

Hi rudolf

I have this mod installed in my forum and it''s working like a charm, my compliments. I have a question though, just curious, whatt does ''to allow the index for "view only" boards'' mean? I have it uncheked this at Features and Option and the mod is working fine as I said. Can u tell me please where is the difference betwen enabling ''index for "view only" boards'' or just leave it like it shows, without enabling. Thank you

Rudolf

Quote from: babjusi on May 11, 2007, 12:41:27 AM
Hi rudolf

I have this mod installed in my forum and it''s working like a charm, my compliments. I have a question though, just curious, whatt does ''to allow the index for "view only" boards'' mean? I have it uncheked this at Features and Option and the mod is working fine as I said. Can u tell me please where is the difference betwen enabling ''index for "view only" boards'' or just leave it like it shows, without enabling. Thank you

Checking that box will make the content of the boards visible. That is, when a person clicks on the board it will show the topics inside, however clicking on the topics will give a permission denied error.

Rudolf

Quote from: RaXavier69 on April 27, 2007, 12:42:42 AM

Like you side.

You have to check the second for for the Guest group, if you want guests to see those boards.

babjusi

Quote from: Rudolf on May 11, 2007, 02:39:02 AM
Quote from: babjusi on May 11, 2007, 12:41:27 AM
Hi rudolf

Checking that box will make the content of the boards visible. That is, when a person clicks on the board it will show the topics inside, however clicking on the topics will give a permission denied error.

Thanks for the explanation rudolf. But if I enable it, those persons that will get a permission denied error while clicking on the topics, do I have to deny them access at the boards or they will be getting the same error even if they have the permissions to enter the boards. Thank you

RaXavier69

as i said every one is checked on second.

heres an image of it

Rudolf

That should work.
I registered on your site, but I still can't see that board.
If you can give me admin right I could check to see what's wrong.
The package manager gave no errors when you installed the mod?

floydpink

Can anyone suggest something for the following error message that I keep getting?
2: in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument
File: /usr/home/westweb/public_html/hkpnetsforum/Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 474

It also happens in line 454.
I checked the Boards table as mentioned in another post and confirmed that the memberGroupsView column exists.

line 474 is the 'View only Boards mod' line in the following code:
Quote// Load membergroups.
   $request = db_query("
      SELECT groupName, ID_GROUP, minPosts
      FROM {$db_prefix}membergroups
      WHERE ID_GROUP > 3 OR ID_GROUP = 2
      ORDER BY minPosts, ID_GROUP != 2, groupName", __FILE__, __LINE__);
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($request))
   {
      if ($_REQUEST['sa'] == 'newboard' && $row['minPosts'] == -1)
         $curBoard['memberGroups'][] = $row['ID_GROUP'];

$context['groups'][(int) $row['ID_GROUP']] = array(
         'id' => $row['ID_GROUP'],
         'name' => trim($row['groupName']),
         'checked' => in_array($row['ID_GROUP'], $curBoard['memberGroups']),
         'view' => in_array($row['ID_GROUP'], $curBoard['memberGroupsView']), //-View Only Boards MOD-
         'is_post_group' => $row['minPosts'] != -1,
      );
   }
Thank you

Rudolf

Can you give instructions how to reproduce this? What you do when they appear?
Make sure that all the changes were applied to your files, including the templates.

floydpink

Admin - Boards - Add Board >> generates 11 of the error messages.
Clicking Add Board again to save the new board does not create errors. Neither do the Modify Board or Delete Board functions.
There's also an associated error message as follows, but it's probably caused by the first error message:
Quote2: in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument
File: /usr/home/westweb/public_html/hkpnetsforum/Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 474

Rudolf

There is a part missing, are you sure you are using the last available download?
If yes, then in ManageBoards.php find
'memberGroups' => array(0, -1),
Add after
'memberGroupsView' => array(), //-View Only Boards MOD-

floydpink

Thanks, Rudolph.
I'm using 1.0 so will upgrade immediately. Apologies for not checking this beforehand!  :-[
It's a great mod by the way, exactly what I've been looking for for ages  :)

Upgrade Update:
All fixed now, thanks again. :D

RaXavier69

hey Rudolf,

was wondering where is the text for the message that apears when members cant enter saved? i want to edit it and is it possible to add an image?

Rudolf

In Errors.english.php
$txt['topic_gone'] = 'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.';

kthulu

Apologies for this post this was intended for another mod (Membergroup On Registration).
Please delete my post and thanks for your help.

Advertisement: