View Only Boards

Started by Rudolf, January 31, 2007, 10:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calcricho

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on December 28, 2009, 03:59:35 AM
Any way to make it look like this?
I want the board to be visible but not the topics.

in » Administration » Features and Options » General

;)

~DS~

Quote from: Calcricho on December 28, 2009, 04:07:32 AM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on December 28, 2009, 03:59:35 AM
Any way to make it look like this?
I want the board to be visible but not the topics.

in » Administration » Features and Options » General

;)
??? I mean topics unviewable, not viewable.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

searchgr

adm-boards- modify- remove access & visibility

~DS~

Quote from: searchgr on December 28, 2009, 04:18:09 AM
adm-boards- modify- remove access & visibility
Here's my permission:
Pic 1

But when I click "moderator's hideout" it show this, perfect exactly what I want:
Pic 2

But when the topics and posts is viewable outside the board, it should be invisible or at least 'private"
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Calcricho

Quote from: smp420 on December 28, 2009, 02:48:14 AM
Sorry I wasn't using curve on my test site and wasn't getting any errors but when I switched to curve I did, I updated my post with a fixed version.

Thanks good job
;)

Calcricho

Bug?
On board the child can not see the last post

Any suggestions?

searchgr

Dismal Shadow, i'm not sure that i understand what you want. If you want this board to be completely invisible for some membergroups you have to remove the visibility too (second column).

~DS~

Quote from: searchgr on December 28, 2009, 04:52:43 AM
Dismal Shadow, i'm not sure that i understand what you want. If you want this board to be completely invisible for some membergroups you have to remove the visibility too (second column).
The same image of the invisible topic that Calcricho posted above me.

GazOutEast

Quote from: searchgr on August 12, 2009, 06:28:44 AM
Quote from: nay27uk on August 11, 2009, 11:37:36 AM
wondered if you could help im getting an error caused by this mod in the error log this is the error.

Quoteadmin   Today at 04:29 pm 
94.193.53.247     add1d35217f16bf1fd27a809ce91abab 
   Type of error: Undefined 
http://www.nylons.uk-giveaway.info/index.php
8: Undefined variable: post
File: /home/fv8hmulg/public_html/nylons/Sources/Subs-Recent.php
Line: 77 

and this is the bit of code it relates to.
'protected' => in_array($post['board'], $user_info['view_only_boards']), //- View Only Boards MOD-

I had a similar problem, not the same. NIBOGO fixed it immediately with a very reasonable price. You can pm me.

I too have the same problem with the line 77 error on a v2.0 RC1 site - I have been waiting for this mod to be upgraded for RC2 before upgrading the site itself.

Has anyone got a free bug fix for the line 77 problem?
Does the upgrade package, linked in a post a couple of pages back, work on RC2 and without the line 77 error?

C'mon Rudolph, Christmas is over now, Santa doesn't need you for another 12 months, please get this package sorted out and fix the bugs in it as well.

Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

searchgr

try this

'protected' => in_array($row['id_board'], $user_info['view_only_boards']), //- View Only Boards MOD-

Amendoim

Please, could do update to version 2.0rc2?

I am very grateful .. it makes very geito this Mod!

Versão 2.0 RC2 Portuguese_Pt

Simple Portal 2.3 Portuguese_Pt

Em crescimento na programação :)

http://www.gamextuga.com

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

edi67

Quote from: Calcricho on December 28, 2009, 04:39:10 AM
Bug?
On board the child can not see the last post

Any suggestions?

same problem for me but in all section i cant view ...nothing
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

GazOutEast

Quote from: searchgr on December 30, 2009, 12:17:38 AM
try this

'protected' => in_array($row['id_board'], $user_info['view_only_boards']), //- View Only Boards MOD-

Thanks searchgr - that seems to do the trick.

Now I've got another one related to the same mod (it was there before, not caused by your edit, but occurs less regularly than the line 77 did).

From error log -

8: Undefined index: last_post
File: /home/serveraccount/public_html/board/Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 272

The function from Subs-BoardIndex.php has been modified by the View-Only Boards mod as follows (I've numbered only the two lines inserted by the mod)-

// Provide the href and link.
      if ($row_board['subject'] != '')
      {
         $this_last_post['href'] = $scripturl . '?topic=' . $row_board['id_topic'] . '.msg' . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? $row_board['id_msg'] : $row_board['new_from']) . (empty($row_board['is_read']) ? ';boardseen' : '') . '#new';
         $this_last_post['link'] = '<a href="' . $this_last_post['href'] . '" title="' . $row_board['subject'] . '">' . $row_board['short_subject'] . '</a>';
      }
      else
      {
         $this_last_post['href'] = '';
         $this_last_post['link'] = $txt['not_applicable'];
      }

276       // Set the last post in the parent board. //- View Only Boards MOD- modified condition
277       if (empty($row_board['id_parent']) || ($isChild && !empty($row_board['poster_time']) && (!$this_last_post['protected'] || !empty($modSettings['vob_allowMessageIndexView'])) && $this_category[$row_board['id_parent']]['last_post']['timestamp'] < forum_time(true, $row_board['poster_time'])))
         $this_category[$isChild ? $row_board['id_parent'] : $row_board['id_board']]['last_post'] = $this_last_post;
      // Just in the child...?
      if ($isChild)
      {
         $this_category[$row_board['id_parent']]['children'][$row_board['id_board']]['last_post'] = $this_last_post;

// If there are no posts in this board, it really can't be new...
         $this_category[$row_board['id_parent']]['children'][$row_board['id_board']]['new'] &= $row_board['poster_name'] != '';
      }
      // No last post for this board?  It's not new then, is it..?
      elseif ($row_board['poster_name'] == '')
         $this_category[$row_board['id_board']]['new'] = false;

There's a lot of "last post"s in there - got me baffled good and proper it has.

Gaz

searchgr

/ Set the last post in the parent board. //- View Only Boards MOD- modified condition
if ($row_board['id_parent'] == $boardIndexOptions['parent_id'] || ($isChild && !empty($row_board['poster_time']) && (!$this_last_post['protected'] || !empty($modSettings['vob_allowMessageIndexView'])) && $this_category[$row_board['id_parent']]['last_post']['timestamp'] < forum_time(true, $row_board['poster_time'])))
$this_category[$isChild ? $row_board['id_parent'] : $row_board['id_board']]['last_post'] = $this_last_post;

edi67

Quote from: searchgr on December 30, 2009, 12:17:38 AM
try this

excellent that bug was removed but another bug created look:

Quote8: Undefined index: board
File: /home/crazyzone/data/www/crazyzone.biz/Sources/Subs-Recent.php
Riga: 78

always in same line
'protected' => in_array($post['board'], $user_info['view_only_boards']), //- View Only Boards MOD-

you have solution ?
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

searchgr

// Build the array.
$posts[] = array(
'board' => array(
'id' => $row['id_board'],
'name' => $row['board_name'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?board=' . $row['id_board'] . '.0',
'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?board=' . $row['id_board'] . '.0">' . $row['board_name'] . '</a>'

GazOutEast

searchgr

Forgot to come back and thank you - both those edits did the trick - no more error log entries from the View Only Boards mod

:D

Many thanks

Gaz

searchgr

edi67

Quote from: searchgr on January 03, 2010, 12:42:06 PM

// Build the array.
$posts[] = array(
'board' => array(
'id' => $row['id_board'],
'name' => $row['board_name'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?board=' . $row['id_board'] . '.0',
'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?board=' . $row['id_board'] . '.0">' . $row['board_name'] . '</a>'

great man, thank you very much
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

Advertisement: