News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

View Only Boards

Started by Rudolf, January 31, 2007, 10:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

QuoteBUG #1:

- If member does not have access to Child Boards then they are listed as a nasty Red color for some reason for some people like Guests
- If member does not have access to Child Boards then the Last Post info from it on each board is also Red for username of the last post and the subject

I definitely do not like that red - it messes up the theme.

The red font is supposed to be this way.

I actually like it.

QuoteBug #3:
Some boards are not showing Last Post info. That column is blank. It appears to happen to happen when you click on a board that has multiple child boards. The child boards w/out child boards of their own seem to be missing the "last post" info.

This happens to all membergroups even admin.
I uninstalled the mod to confirm that the problem goes away w/out the mod installed.

I have mentioned this error previously.

The mod author doesn't seem to be interested in this mod now.

Rudolf

Quote from: Brack1 on September 25, 2011, 08:17:24 PM
QuoteBUG #1:

- If member does not have access to Child Boards then they are listed as a nasty Red color for some reason for some people like Guests
- If member does not have access to Child Boards then the Last Post info from it on each board is also Red for username of the last post and the subject

I definitely do not like that red - it messes up the theme.

The red font is supposed to be this way.

I actually like it.

QuoteBug #3:
Some boards are not showing Last Post info. That column is blank. It appears to happen to happen when you click on a board that has multiple child boards. The child boards w/out child boards of their own seem to be missing the "last post" info.

This happens to all membergroups even admin.
I uninstalled the mod to confirm that the problem goes away w/out the mod installed.

I have mentioned this error previously.

The mod author doesn't seem to be interested in this mod now.

I've changed the default color to grey in the latest version, it matches better with the current theme. The can be customized through the css, by using the "vob_protected" class.

As for the error, unfortunaely I cannot reproduce it.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

the-wanted

Hey guys
I use smf 2.0.1 and a default theme, everything worked well, but when I installed "View Only Boards" mod, the the mod settings shows on the board settings, but it doesnt work, with other words, when I mark the visibilty Permission. then no thing happen, and just get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'OR FIND_IN_SET('17', b.member_groups_view) OR FIND_IN_SET('4', b.member_groups_v' at line 7File: /..../public_html/Sources/Security.php
Line: 951

Any idea

Tonyvic

Hi guys,
This mod works great for me with smf 2.0.1 with the default 'Curve' theme, but I am getting lot's of xhtml validation errors.
It looks as if I get two errors for each protected board:
an attribute specification must start with a name or name token
<tr id="board_15" class="windowbg2 vob_protected"">
(vob_protected"">)
and
character data is not allowed here
(vob_protected"">)

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Tonyvic

Did I drive everyone away? ???
I'm still hoping for some help with the validation errors, I've spent hours trying to find a way of identifying which files to find the errors in & how to fix them.
Please guys, a newbie is getting desperate. :)

Tony

edchapman

Mod installed fine but guest can still inter the boards.

I checked "Allow guests to browse the forum"  and "Show the message index for "view only" boards."

mashby

Quote from: Tonyvic on November 03, 2011, 01:06:22 AM
Hi guys,
This mod works great for me with smf 2.0.1 with the default 'Curve' theme, but I am getting lot's of xhtml validation errors.
It looks as if I get two errors for each protected board:
an attribute specification must start with a name or name token
(vob_protected"">)
and
character data is not allowed here
(vob_protected"">)

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony
The mod changes part of BoardIndex.template.php:
Find:
foreach ($category['boards'] as $board)
{
echo '
<tr id="board_', $board['id'], '" class="windowbg2">

Replace with:
{
echo '
<tr id="board_', $board['id'], '" class="windowbg2' , ($board['protected'] ? ' vob_protected"' : '') , '">

The replace with should be:
{
echo '
<tr id="board_', $board['id'], '" class="windowbg2' , ($board['protected'] ? ' vob_protected' : '') , '">

:)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

sharks

Please fix this mod for SMF 1.1.16
I get this error when installing in package manager:
   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed

simon36

Any update on this? It would be a great mod if it was working and would bring SMF up to date with likes of ipb, who can show a board but restrict access.

TheListener

Quote from: sharks on January 18, 2012, 02:35:32 PM
Please fix this mod for SMF 1.1.16
I get this error when installing in package manager:
   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed

Have you looked at the required edits using the mods parser?

simon36

A couple of posts above it has been installed fine but users can still enter the protected board.

andershz

This is a very useful mod, but the way it's implemented is questionable from a security point of view.
It works by adding all the boards where the user has view-only access to the predefined database query "query_see_boards" which originally just holds the boards where the user has at least read access.
Then at (hopefully) all relevant places an extra check is added to see if the user has view-only access to the board and if so preventing the user from seeing posts etc.
This method of first giving the users more access than they should have and then removing some of it is not so good in principle.
If this extra check is forgotten in any place the user can see posts which should not be seen.
It also means that if any other mod is added where "query_see_boards" is used that mod will give the users access to posts they shouldn't see because in that mod there will be no checks for view-only boards.
In practice I noticed this with the articles system in SimplePortal, which displays complete articles from boards the logged in user (or guest) do not have access to when this mod is installed.
I imagine similar problems could occur with for instance other portals or Tapatalk.

hvdcgkl

Quote from: ibloomdrop on September 05, 2011, 03:40:33 PM
I have read through pretty much all 28 pages of this thread. I have SMF 2.0 and I'm desperately trying to get this mod to work.

Obviously, the package installer doesn't work. I tried manually making changes to the files and did the best I could with the ones that weren't exact.

I have no idea what to do with DB_2_x.php. I uploaded it to the root directory and tried to just run it but get the error: Cannot install - please verify you put this in the same place as SMF's index.php. (which I'm pretty sure I did)

After making all other manual changes to files, Admin >> Forum >> Boards gives a db error:
Unknown column 'b.member_groups_view' in 'field list'
File: /home/ebrain/public_html/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1055

This is why I assume the DB_2_x.php process is missing but I don't know how to process it.

If anyone could help me resolve this it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at all other mods and this is the only one I can find to do what I need. I have a new forum but would like one section for paid membership, and I'd like everyone to be able to see that this board is there... just not read its contents.

If you require more info for assistance, please just ask and I'll do my best to provide it. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've exactly the same problem ....
DB_2_x.php doesn't want to be executed....
i am on 2.0.2 SMF version
so this mod doesn't want to work ...
really disapointed.

hiboy

Is this normal,
i just installed this mod , and when i set visibility (tick second box only)  and access (first box not tick) and Show the message index for "view only" boards (not tick) for guest for a board.

with the above setting, the board when guest click ,it redirect them to login page.
But that board show recent topics to guest at the right side.

How do i not show the recent topic, number of post and number of topics?
most preferred the field replaced with a '-'

Zerschmetterling

I've got a Problem with the Childboards... the 'view-only' ones are not showing  :(

searchgr

Ask NIBOGO to fix the problem for you. But is a paid service.

Jack_40k

FragaCampos

I've just installed it in 2.0.3 and everything is working.
Also, my "view only" childboards are showing as expected and redirecting to login/registration when I click the topics in there.

Make sure you activate Show the message index for "view only" boards' in admin -> Features and Options and make the correct changes in the permissions of each board.

MrMike

Just installed in on SMF 2.0.4 and seems to be working properly. :)
(There are no child boards to the protected board, so I can't tell if that's working, but everything seems to be working as near as I can tell.)

The forum is at: http://modernwarforum.com/forum/ if you want to have a look.

pastorvictor

I had issues when SMF tried to install this mod, so I didn't install it. It seems to have conflicts with another one of my mods. Would you happen to know which one of these could be the problem?

1.   Add Social Media Icons To Profiles    1.0.8
2.   AJAXChat 0.8.5 For SMF 2.0.2    3.2.7     
3.   Age And Location    1.0
4.   PM to New Members    1.2 
5.   Share This Topic    4.1.2 
6.   Simple Audio Video Embedder    2.0.8     
7.   SimplePortal    2.3.5 
8.   Social Login    2.2 
9.   SMF 2.0.4 Update    1.0
10.   BoardHover Mod    1.8.1

Advertisement: