News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinzbomb

Quote from: lttung on June 07, 2012, 11:29:18 PM
How to know topic ID affter install Pretty URLs
Thanks

you will not able to see it, only in your databse via phpmyadmin, but you got pretty urks settings in each board in your forum menu, their you can change the name of your url

abhirupmanna

I'm seeing this should I go ahead with the installation ?
" When there is a will there is a way. If there is no way make one "

Please do read my blog
I would love to hear your comments.

Touchline Reporter : for the hardcore soccer fans

SMFHacks.com Team

Quote from: abhirupmanna on June 10, 2012, 01:07:39 AM
I'm seeing this should I go ahead with the installation ?
I would not.

I would double check your file permissions and make sure the files/folders are writable.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

abhirupmanna

The files permissions says all are writeable.
Could it be because I'm using a different theme ?
" When there is a will there is a way. If there is no way make one "

Please do read my blog
I would love to hear your comments.

Touchline Reporter : for the hardcore soccer fans

SMFHacks.com Team

Quote from: abhirupmanna on June 10, 2012, 02:12:17 AM
The files permissions says all are writeable.
Could it be because I'm using a different theme ?
I don't think so. I would try asking in the support forums I think this is a somewhat common issue might be hosting configuration.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

fma965

i have some sort of conflict between this and the mod below. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=474727

basically when using both these 2 mods all urls seems to change from ACTION= TO ACTION;= and is stopping them all working.

Quote from: fma965 on June 17, 2012, 11:48:17 AM
Quote from: emanuele on June 17, 2012, 11:33:59 AM
Unless you give us some hints on what you have installed I have no ideas. :P

oh yeah :D

1. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin 3.0.2 
3. SA Twitter 0.6 REV 30 
4. EU cookie law 0.1.2 
5. SimplePortal 2.3.5 
6. SA GPlus 0.3 REV 9 
7. SA Facebook 2.0 RC4 Rev58 
8. Menu Editor Lite 1.0.5 
9. Pretty URLs 1.0 

Thats all :) it did however seem to start when i installed EU cookie law.

also
htaccess file

# PRETTYURLS MOD BEGINS
# Pretty URLs mod
# http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
# .htaccess file generated automatically on: June 16, 2012, 12:34

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

# Rules for: actions
RewriteRule ^(activate|admin|ads|announce|attachapprove|buddy|calendar|clock)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(collapse|coppa|credits|deletemsg|display|dlattach|editpoll|editpoll2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(emailuser|findmember|forum|portal|groups|help|helpadmin|httpBL)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(im|jseditor|jsmodify|jsoption|lock|lockvoting|login|login2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(logout|markasread|mergetopics|mlist|moderate|modifycat|modifykarma|movetopic)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(movetopic2|notify|notifyboard|openidreturn|pm|post|post2|printpage)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(profile|quotefast|quickmod|quickmod2|recent|register|register2|reminder)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(removepoll|removetopic2|reporttm|requestmembers|restoretopic|search|search2|sendtopic)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(smstats|suggest|spellcheck|splittopics|stats|sticky|theme|trackip)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(about:mozilla|about:unknown|unread|unreadreplies|verificationcode|viewprofile|vote|viewquery)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(viewsmfile|who|\.xml|xmlhttp)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(projects|p2map|fcbrowser|youtube)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;page=$1 [L,QSA]
# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

# PRETTYURLS MOD ENDS

and url
http://forgottencoders.co.uk

and of course the version is 2.0.2

thanks

EDIT: how do i change the z-index on the ecl notice? i cant find it in style.css or the index template.

Quote from: fma965 on June 17, 2012, 12:30:22 PM
ok yep so its defo prettyurls. any ideas how to fix it though? also once i accept cookies (need to manually remove the ; from the url) it then works fine so i guess its conflicting with this mod for some reason. any ideas on a fix?

ok so apparently just disablind prettyurls and re-enabling it seems to have fixed it. just my final issue now.

Where is the css for this saved?

EDIT: Found it (sources\Subs-EclWarning.php)

<style>
#ecl_notification
{
color: #f96f00;
background-color: white;
border-bottom: solid 3px #f96f00;
text-align: center;
font-size: 12pt;
padding: 8px;
width: 100%;
line-height: 25px;
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
}
</style>

Quote from: fma965 on June 17, 2012, 03:20:05 PM
Quote from: emanuele on June 17, 2012, 02:58:41 PM
Okay, try this:
Code (find) Select
$context['ecl_accept_cookies'] = $scripturl . '?' . http_build_query(array_merge($_GET, array('cookieaccept' => '1')));

Code (replace with) Select
$context['ecl_accept_cookies'] = $scripturl . '?' . http_build_query(array_merge($_GET, array('cookieaccept' => '1')),null, ';');

The line is at the end of the file.

i so hope this works :D i have tried everything i can think of from code edits, settings, htaccess and nothing worked. just came on here to say i give up  :( but then read your latest post :)

-------------------------------------------------------

DAM it didnt work :( this is the url i am getting http://forgottencoders.co.uk/index.php?cookieaccept;=1 and when clicked it goes to a blank page (im guessing a 404 page?) just to confirm shouldn't the url be http://forgottencoders.co.uk/index.php?cookieaccept=1 (without the ;)? oh and also the same happens for index.php?action;=login and index.php?action;=login2 and more.

so then i was told to ask for help here.
Quote from: emanuele on June 17, 2012, 04:24:43 PM
Since it is happening with all the URLs I'd suggest you to ask in the pretty URL topic support...the author should know better what the problem could be. ;)

Please help, thanks.

fma965

Seriously Come on some one must know.

vbgamer45

Disable action url rewriting if you can.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

fma965

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 20, 2012, 12:00:32 PM
Disable action url rewriting if you can.

thanks for the reply. but i already tried that and it didn't work.

See the problem is since EU Cookie Law Mod is required by law (well the changes it makes is) and i couldn't live without PrettyURLS it makes it akward

fma965

Thanks for your help. it was not very useful  as i didnt get any response :(

Okaztle

Please i install this mod and when my user click on board or topic link, it logged them out but when i uninstall it everything start working fine. Please help
A blogger at The Okaztle.com

ashish101

I am using SMF 2.0.2 and latest version of pretty urls mod and I am getting below errors in the error log:-

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: session_var in .../public_html/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php on line 35
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: session_var in .../public_html/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php on line 253
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: session_var in .../public_html/Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php on line 257

I recently moved server and domain and these errors were never there before. Any idea?

NiceCarvings

Hi, I have pretty urls installed on a 2.02 smf site with simple portal.

I cannot get the 301 non www to www redirect working without breaking the site login.

The only thing in my .htaccess is pretty url stuff. Put the 301 non www to www and bam...no more login.

Any idears? May or may not be pretty url related, although it is suspect to sy the least. I love pretty url's so much I don't want to deactivate it to test if it's part of the prob lol.

Any advice at all? I really want the non www to www redirect working.....ALMOST as important as pretties!

Tomy Tran

Seem that you make it worked, I open nicecarvings.com and it redirect to www. of it's site.

vbgamer45

Quote from: NiceCarvings on June 28, 2012, 09:42:16 PM

I cannot get the 301 non www to www redirect working without breaking the site login.

The only thing in my .htaccess is pretty url stuff. Put the 301 non www to www and bam...no more login.

Any idears? May or may not be pretty url related, although it is suspect to sy the least. I love pretty url's so much I don't want to deactivate it to test if it's part of the prob lol.

Any advice at all? I really want the non www to www redirect working.....ALMOST as important as pretties!
Troubleshooting page
http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting

Check out the part about changing url
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

NiceCarvings

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 29, 2012, 10:53:22 AM
Quote from: NiceCarvings on June 28, 2012, 09:42:16 PM

Troubleshooting page
http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/wiki/TroubleShooting

Check out the part about changing url

THANK YOU! Awesome, i'm so happy about this working!

I broke my forum TWICE trying to get the 301 non www going with pretty urls. Both times I lost some forum member data (i'm a rookie forum admin).

It drove me nuts not having that non www redirect though!   Thanks again, for the pretties as well, love them too!

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

xjl

Split topic does not have its own pretty URL

I've been a happy users of SMF 2.0.2 with Pretty URLs for several months. However, When I recently split a topic, I've noticed that the new topic inherits the original pretty URL instead of having its own. Here is the example that I am having trouble with:

I split "How to install 3DNA on Linux and Windows?" (how-to-install-3dna-on-linux-and-windows) to a new topic "Problem with installing 3DNA on Mac OS X 10.4". I'd expect the new topic has pretty url like problem-with-installing-3dna-on-mac-os-x-10-4 instead of re-how-to-install-3dna-on-linux-and-windows. (I tried to provide URLs to demonstrate the problem, but realized that I am not allowed to post external links).

Any way to solve this problem?

Xiang-Jun

fma965

im sorry but out of all the support requested on this thread you have answered nearly all of them. but still you have not answered mine a few posts back. WHY?

Advertisement: