Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

It's a mod, but I don't think it offers pretty URLs... not that pretty URLs are actually an SEO feature much any more.

jlt1

I installed the prettyurls extra mod and I use EZ Portal. After going to pages I've created with the portal, it show's blank content on the page. These pages were created before installing prettyurls extras. Any help?

I left an example up:

EZ Portal Link: http://www.kingsislandexpo.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=3 [nofollow]
Pretty URL link: http://www.kingsislandexpo.com/ezportal/privacy-policy/3 [nofollow]

Temmy3

Please help! I have pretty urls mod on my forum, All the page on the site now redirect to the homepage. What can i do? please help

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

pittu

Nice mod!

But instead of taking the 'Title' of the post as url tag, can it allows me to determne the URL tag?

thnx.

Kindred

that would be next to impossible  --  Think about a forum with 2 million posts...   you are going to go through and set the URL for every thread?  I don't think so.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pittu

Quote from: Kindred on June 22, 2014, 04:26:00 PM
that would be next to impossible  --  Think about a forum with 2 million posts...   you are going to go through and set the URL for every thread?  I don't think so.

Like wordpress. (optional editing of url tag)
It should automatically takes the title tag (like it is doing now) But still gives the option to edit the url tag for poster.

Kindred

well, I disagree...   but I'll let the author respond further.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pittu

Because of the purpose of Pretty URLs is optimize for SEs.
Sometimes URL Tags are abrupty stopping.

Like at the end of URL: it says -
......./back-p/
Better like:
......./back-pain/

Kindred

nope...  sorry... but that is distinctly wrong.

URLs have minimal (if ANY) impact on search engine ranking.
If SEO is the only reason you are using this, then you are wasting your time.
Слaва
Украинi

pittu

Not only search engines. My previous site has URLs where I set the URL tag. (300 pages of tutorials). I don't mind the url tags for the threads that users post. Before I move to SMF, i am making sure that to maintain same url is possible or not. (I am using SMF on other site but no mods are installed. Pretty basic forum)

vbgamer45

Not without a lot of work. or writing a custom script to process/handle them.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

pittu

1. There is an optional custom field during board creation and Post creation - 'url tag' (A simple mod exists for this custom field creation?)

2. Then change Pretty URLs code to use from 'title' to 'urltag' to display. First code checks 'urltag' if nothing there, it will take  'title' for url.

possible?

Kindred

if you code it...

(and no, a simple mod does not exist for that)
Слaва
Украинi

pittu

If I ask my programmer to do it and upload files here, authors of this mod will use these files for further development?

dany_danay

Hi,  i need to redirect pretty urls to original urls WITH htaccess.. How can I do?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dany_danay

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: