News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bod22

You know what, I changed PHP to 7.1 and uninstalled SMF 2.0.X - PHP 7.2+ Compatibility and now everything works so it was the cause. :)

SMFHacks.com Team

Critical update if you are using SMF 2.1.x
A noindex bug for categories. To fix uninstall old version and install new version of Pretty Urls: 2.1.4b
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Dgnttnc

Hello, I installed and enabled pretty url now my site not opening. And not working repair_settings.php. I take screen shot error log and faulty site page. It in the attachments. Sorry for my bad english. How can I use pretty url and how I active web site again.

Smf version: 2.1 RC2
Site Url: pku.gen.tr [nofollow]

vbgamer45

It means some of the files are corrupted. Check apache error logs. And or upload  a fresh set of files.

The Search API errors you need to grab the new patch For SMF 2.1
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dgnttnc

Quote from: Dgnttnc on August 07, 2019, 04:39:52 PM
Hello, I installed and enabled pretty url now my site not opening. And not working repair_settings.php. I take screen shot error log and faulty site page. It in the attachments. Sorry for my bad english. How can I use pretty url and how I active web site again.

Smf version: 2.1 RC2
Site Url: pku.gen.tr [nofollow]

I solved the problem by upgrading the php version 7.3 from 5.6. But I have a new problem. When I changed category name, category url was not changing. Category use old url. I try uninstalling pretty url and install again but still use old url. How can I change or update url?

vbgamer45

Try editing the board there should be an area to change the name.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dgnttnc

@vbgamer45 Thank you for your helps.

shadav

bug

installed onto 2.0.15, no errors shown in install
everything seemed to work.... except that I as an admin did not have permissions to view member restricted boards
I had 3 boards set up
1 just for admins and mods
1 just for a member group females
1 just for a member group males

with this installed I could not view those boards, 403 Access denied
whereas all the general boards and whatnots worked just fine....

vbgamer45

That could be a mod_security issue if you are getting a 403 error.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kkmixs

Hello all

Today, I upgrade my two SMF forum to 2.1 version. Both the forum got upgraded successfully. Next, I tried to install pretty URL on my first forum and even that got successful installed.

But, when I tried to install the same plugin on my second forum, it is getting installed successful and get redirects to plugin dashboard. Next, when i refresh the page, I keep getting 503 error in the entire site.

Yes, I am getting an error on the entire website ( each and every page including admin).

The only way to remove the error was to replace the file ( where the pretty url plugin made the changes)

P.S.: By mistake I have deleted the .htaccess file. Do you think, the problem could be related to htaccess file??

Please help. Without Pretty URL, my all the indexed url is getting 404 error.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 20, 2019, 06:19:54 PM
That could be a mod_security issue if you are getting a 403 error.
I am pleased to say that this seems to be working now, I switched hosts and decided to try this again

question, can I put custom urls? Some boards have rather long names and I'd rather keep the url simple, is there a way to edit these? so instead of it for instance being
Forum Announcements url/forum-announcements it just being url/announcements ?

and there's a few mods (or whatever you want to call them) installed that were not rewritten (knowledge base, blogs, hall of fame, like stats)

vbgamer45

For custom urls you can change them under admin -> boards
Click Pretty urls and you can adjust the board url

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

drewactual

here is a little bit of a public service announcement.. regarding PrettyURL's and SEO for forums installing PrettyURLS that have been established for some time, and sites that are concerned with ranking or visibility.... 

I've been running PrettyURL's for a while... most pages have bounced back in the rankings after making the change.  Some haven't, though, and those pages using the old patter url ( ?board= ) still rank higher than the 'new' ones. 

well, i'm an idiot for not doing this sooner.  I don't know if i'm an idiot alone, or if there are a bunch of us- but i'm sharing this to help everyone who's made the change and are perhaps still waiting, as i was, for there forum to 'recover' in the ranks...

this is SO simple. 

go to your google console.  inspect url... type in the OLD url ( ?board= )... inspect it- your htaccess will see the the incoming request and shove it through the prettyURL rewrites hiding out in your htaccess, and send google to the same page that is using PrettyURLs.. confirm it is indexed, searchable/can be crawled... and... hit the "webpage has changed" button and request a new index...

that freakin' simple... meta descriptions, OG tags, and my particular implementation of H1's, 2's, and 3's- that i've been waiting forever for google to get around to- were changed to reflect the new pages (using the old links) almost instantly. 

the only thing that may cause an issue is canonical... 

make certain and have "index.php?board=" 'allowed' in your robots.txt.  whaplappahpoo- you'll be good in minutes using the same links you were ranking with prior to implementing prettyURLS... i was amazed at how fast it took hold.  and hopefully, VB, since perhaps you're reading this, is there a way you can implement, in a future release, websites being approached using the 'old' url structure to either 302 to the new one and/or a code to strip 'canonical' out of the 'old' structure?

Thanks for your work, Sir.. it's worked out well for me. 

good luck!

VB- I know you likely know this^, but.... perhaps you can add it to your readme or something for new users?  methinks it may remove a lot of the trepidation out of using your product. 

shadav

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 12, 2019, 06:45:21 PM
For custom urls you can change them under admin -> boards
Click Pretty urls and you can adjust the board url
thank you, much better

how can i add others to the list to be rewritten?
?action=kb
ect.... these are actions but they weren't rewritten

lazanet

I have problem mentioned earlier in this thread, on my SMF 2.0.15 forum, however fixes presented in those posts are no longer valid since even with latest tapatalk plugin - 4.5.2  and latest Pretty URLs - 2.1.4b, android-app:// and ios-app:// protocol links are replaced like:
"https://playpes.rs/forum/android-app://com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity/tapatalk/playpes.rs/forum/
and
"https://playpes.rs/forum/ios-app://307880732/tapatalk/playpes.rs/forum/
respectively.

I've tried to move android-app in PrettyUrl-Filters.php to before // Absolutise relative URLs, but to no avail.
Does anyone have idea how could I fix this mess?

vbgamer45

Copy this file to your sources folder and see if it helps...

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lazanet

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 26, 2019, 06:11:25 PM
Copy this file to your sources folder and see if it helps...
Nope, same thing  :P

During debugging I even tried putting:

if (substr($url_id,0,11) == 'android-app')
die('Triggered');

if (substr($url_id,0,7) == 'ios-app')
die('Triggered');

in both pretty_rewrite_buffer and pretty_rewrite_buffer_fromcache functions, but they never get triggered.
Uninstalling PrettyUrl package removed issue (but it isn't a good solution..)

vbgamer45

Odd i wonder if they changed how their app works

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Plus

after installing this mode my google index crashed ! why ?

Advertisement: